PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Strategy > geoDefense Swarm
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Walkthrough

Achievement Guide & Roadmap by Craphex

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 (If following walkthroughs)
- Approximate time: 4 - 6 hours
- Offline: 200
- Online: 0
- Missable Achievements: None
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 for each difficulty (can repeat each level)
- Glitched achievements: None
- Cheats: None
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes

Introduction:
My first guide, with hopefully more to come.
Enjoyed the first game, so bought Swarm on day one. Currently priced at 2.29/$2.99.
There are 3 difficulties to play with 10 levels per difficulty, the last level of each having unlimited waves. You can also play any level at any time.

Step 1a:
Go into Help & Options and click on Hardcore Mode so that it now says Novice Mode. This will make the game much easier!

Step 1b:
You can go Here for the best setup for each level.

Step 2:
Play through the levels. It is best to start on Easy 1 and work your way up. You get an achievement for completing one level of each difficulty, then the 9 levels of each difficulty, and again all 9 without losing a life. The 10th level of each difficulty does not count as it is endless. A green tick next to each level means you have completed it, a gold star means you have completed it without losing a life.

You can knock out the miscellaneous achievements during the easy levels, an achievement for each tower being upgraded to max(7) exluding the Thump tower. The Vortex towers appear on Medium already placed which can be upgraded, dropping one of each tower on this level will unlock the Turret Happy achievement. The x50 multiplier will come natural without even trying.

These achievements won't unlock until the game has ended! So don't worry if it doesn't pop as soon as you upgraded a tower to full, placed all the towers or got x50 or higher.

Easy Start 1
As the achievement says, beat any level on Easy. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Easy 2
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Easy. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Easy Owned 10
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Easy without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Medium Start 5
As the achievement says, beat any level on Medium. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Medium 10
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Medium. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Medium Owned 30
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Medium without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Hard Start 7
As the achievement says, beat any level on Hard. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Beat Hard 15
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Hard. Does not have to be done without losing a life, and the last endless level does not count.

Hard Owned 85
As the achievement says, beat all 9 levels on Hard without losing a life. Again the last endless level does not count.

Green Machine 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the green Blaster tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Blue Thunder 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the blue Laser tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Red Menace 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the red Missile tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Shock And Awe 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the yellow Shock tower to Level 7, the highest level.

Flux Vortex 5
As the achievement says, just upgrade the multicoloured swirling Vortex tower to Level 7, the highest level. You cannot place this tower, they start appearing already placed from Medium onwards.

Close Call 5
For every kill your multiplier goes up by 1. After 50 kills in one level you should get this. Killing enemies closer to the red exit gives you a higher multiplier.

Turret Happy 5
Just place one of each turret down in one level. The earliest you can do this is on the first Medium level.

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12

Last edited by Craphex; 09-10-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Smarten Up
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice guide and thanks for the video tutorial guide, only problem is the videos only have the easy levels (so far?). Bit of a shame that most of the achievements are pretty much the same as the first game, could have done with a bit more variety e.g. reach 50 waves in an endless level or meet a certain score.

But oh well, at least it makes them easier to obtain
Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Heh true, and cheers dude!
I'm sure the list had them all on this morning, anyway got the same videos on the youtube channel, all of them there.
I will update the guide with the new link ^_^

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Thanks very much for that! I'll be sure to take a gander when I get stuck on some of the levels that I just end up getting completely stumped on. I finally managed to do the first medium level!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Great road map so far, but 2(-4)hrs completion time, is a bit too optimistic IMHO (even with a guide). I'd rather say 5-8hrs depending on skill.

Achievement guide is a bit short though

Last edited by Trikke; 05-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Racxie

Racxie's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
Great road map so far, but 2(-4)hrs completion time, is a bit too optimistic IMHO (even with a guide). I'd rather say 5-8hrs depending on skill.

Achievement guide is a bit short though
It is a bit short, but that's because it doesn't really need any more. Sure maybe OP could flesh it out a tiny bit for new players to the game e.g. to upgrade a tower just tap on it and then then tap the upgrade button 6 times once you can afford to and then finish the level, but tbh the game explains upgrading to you anyway.

But on that note maybe OP could mention that you need to finish the level for the achievements to unlock, whether you win it or not (e.g. I managed to get a 50x multiplier and then just let the creepers kill me, which counted as me "completing" the level netting me the achievement (only with a green tick though), so that might be easier for some people.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
Turret Happy 5
Just place one of each turret down in one level. The earliest you can do this is on the first Medium level.
You can also do this on the 9th easy level
Avenged Remains is offline   Reply With Quote