PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
evanevanevan

evanevanevan's Gamercard
Worst Assassin's Creed yet

The other 3 were frustrating at times, this one offers little to no guidance. Tells me to lure guards from an area and kill them, but desynchs when I follow the guard from the area. The luring involves hitting the lure button and then everyone vanishes and you have to track them. Should be able to follow them, not just have them disappear and spawn elsewhere before your eyes. Im about a half dozen missions into the game, and I've already come across multiple issues like that.

This is coming from someone who has all but mastered the first three games too.
evanevanevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
evanevanevan

evanevanevan's Gamercard
And the whole thing where you lose control of a territory if you're awareness goes up is horrible. Makes for an obnoxious game. And then you have to play that stupid Assassins Creed Tower Defense Game. So stupid difficult. And your awareness goes up like 25% just for buying a property?!? Horrible. Lets get back to what made this game good with AC3, and get rid of these stupid new additions. Animus Island/Desmond memories are cool, bomb crafting is cool, all this other new $#!* can go back where it came from.
evanevanevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
evilution666

evilution666's Gamercard
I think the best was AC2, Then AC Brotherhood, Then this or AC1. Somehow I've bought all this series of games, dont rate any of them that highly!!! agree with your comments!
evilution666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
AmplifiedSilence

Send a message via AIM to AmplifiedSilence

RfX Amplified's Gamercard
AC3 should hopefully get rid of most of that stuff, especially with the change to wilderness environments rather than primarily urban.
AmplifiedSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
00darkfox00

Dark Fox 888's Gamercard
I agree, with the micro managing the tedious defense games, the same shitty multiplayer with ridiculously specific multiplayer achievements, this is definitely the worst one, Brotherhood is the best in my books, let's hope 3 improves.
00darkfox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00darkfox00 View Post
I agree, with the micro managing the tedious defense games, the same shitty multiplayer with ridiculously specific multiplayer achievements, this is definitely the worst one, Brotherhood is the best in my books, let's hope 3 improves.
Yes I agree. Brotherhood to me was the best out so far.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I only played the Tower Defence once as part of the story, so I was lucky.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Xpanda Xpress

XPanda Xpress's Gamercard
I really liked brotherhood
Xpanda Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
AC1 ans AC2 were the best for me, Brotherhood was the poorest outing in my opinion. Revelations is better, particularly the multiplayer which I really enjoyed compared to Brotherhood.

Can't wait for AC3 now and hopes for the same class of gaming from AC1 & 2....

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Rannoch

Rannoch's Gamercard
I still believe ACII to be the best, story-wise, gameplay, everything.
This one felt empty, to me.
Rannoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Sinful Samhein

Sinful Samhein's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevanevan View Post
And the whole thing where you lose control of a territory if you're awareness goes up is horrible. Makes for an obnoxious game. And then you have to play that stupid Assassins Creed Tower Defense Game. So stupid difficult. And your awareness goes up like 25% just for buying a property?!? Horrible. Lets get back to what made this game good with AC3, and get rid of these stupid new additions. Animus Island/Desmond memories are cool, bomb crafting is cool, all this other new $#!* can go back where it came from.
I like many things about this game, but I will agree that I hated the den defense. It wasn't too hard once you figured out what to do, but there was little to no guidence prior to learning it yourself. I actually put the game down for several months because of this.
Sinful Samhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
Twinnedwhale

Twinnedwhale's Gamercard
i thought this one was pretty good but brotherhood beats it by a long shot
Twinnedwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I've enjoyed this franchise.. but the multiplayer killed it for me in the last one... hoping they don't have it in 3 since I skipped this one.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #14
Pedlar

pedlar's Gamercard
The problem with this game is that the advert is so god damn awesome tat it tricks you into wanting it. In seriousness the last two have basically been massive DLC of AC II ( which is Epic and by far the best).

The tower game and losing of territory in Revelations and the online play is dreadfull anyway.
Pedlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
FuzzMan3000

fuzzman3000's Gamercard
Only just got round to picking this up and yeah like the post above, just feels like expansion of AC2. They have seemed to bring in a few gimmicks to the series to try and get more sales, like the tower defence (which is horrible) and the hook blade.
FuzzMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
inT Shadow

inT Shadow's Gamercard
I agree to be honest. Hopefully Ubisoft realize this & change a lot for Assassin's Creed III. From what I've seen up to now, they have done. I expect a much deeper experience in AC III. This on the other hand, didn't really offer much new to the series. Offered a few cool moments, but overall just more of the same as AC II & Brotherhood.
inT Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #17
tmcmullen08

tmcmullen08's Gamercard
POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS

I agree with most of what is being said. The Den Defense is tedious and probably should've been implemented a different way, and multiplayer is largely unnecessary.

However, I personally feel the story in ACR completely makes up for any minor annoyances it may have had. Learning more about Altair and being able to play as him was much needed. AC1 didn't quite do Altair justice, in my opinion. Also, while the end of ACII and ACB were both awesome, ACR had a fantastic ending. The last cutscenes perfectly set up ACIII to be a phenomenal game.

I haven't been this excited for the end of a trilogy since Halo 3
Reach - 1672/1700
CEA - 845/1000

GEARS OF WAR
1 - 1140/1250
2 - 1750/1750
3 - 1435/2000

tmcmullen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #18
toastysock

Sneaky Sparky's Gamercard
I think this game was more of a filler, at any rate, to show what happened to Alta´r and Ezio, to end their stories and have a clean beginning for Connor. And I think it told their stories wonderfully, so it got the job done.
toastysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
LordBunnyHunter

LordBunnyHunter's Gamercard
I just played it because I've played all the ones before.

AC1 was ok.
AC2 was the best so far.
AC Brotherhood wasn't nearly as good as AC2.
AC Revelations is by far the worst one.

I mean no-one cares about the story..it's too complicated and illogical. Why couldn't they just leave this Animus-Future-Templar-Visions-Desmond-General-Confusion out and set a normal game in the past?!
LordBunnyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Sparda

Send a message via AIM to Sparda Send a message via MSN to Sparda

DemonLordSparda's Gamercard
People do care about the story. Just because it's confusing for you doesn't mean it's confusing for everyone. I commend the series for not shoving retcons into Desmonds story. If you read all the documents in AC 1 you can tell what Desmonds story is going to be about and how it's leading somewhere.

I like all the past stories, they serve as the main gameplay, additional story and character additions, and they serve a way for Desmond to learn how to be an Assassin. I never got why people think a non linear story is automatically bad. By the same token I never understood why people think non linear stories are automatically good either. This story just strikes my fancy really. I am all for good gameply but for me if I don't like the story I would not be getting these games on release day.

But as far as overall elements go I'd say this is about the same as Brotherhood in terms of quality. I think AC 2 was my favorite overall because of it's long and compelling story. AC 1 still sticks out in my mind as being the weakest with the repetition, amount of collectibles, and very clunky combat. But as a whole I feel the Assassin's Creed series is very strong overall, and I think AC 3 will probably be the best by a long shot.