PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Official Bitching Thread

I just want to start off by saying as a long time Ghost Recon fan, I am extremely disappointed with this game:

1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode
2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)
3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.
4.) The camping in MP is just over the top. I thought SnD was a camp fest, HA - the camping in this game is off the chart. (I know this doesnt necessarily fall back on the game itself, but the devs should realize that putting certain things in MP will result in high amounts of camping).
5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode
Agreed.
Quote:
2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)
Thats your friends fault, not the games in any way. Moan about your friend, not the game xD
Quote:
3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.
The servers are having huge issues with connecting region selective players. If the hit detection is of, jump out of the game and join another one.
Quote:
4.) The camping in MP is just over the top.
Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options.
Quote:
5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind
Yea, they suck >.>

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPetWorm View Post
Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options. >.>
I agree with this. You do have all of the tools to combat it and if you're getting wrecked by the other team because you don't know where they are, your team isn't playing the game right. There definately are people who camp and are just playing for kills but they're the ones playing the game wrong, and when that happens I just switch to Engineer and play the UAV until the tide turns and they're forced out. Really, there should be one person on a team who is running UAV the entire match. The word camping needs to be redefined a bit for this game. Kill camping is one thing because it doesn't help the team. It actually doesn't help the person doing it either if leveling up is what they have in mind. Simple numbers: 75-150 points for killing an enemy and 500 points for reviving a downed teammate. The rewards for other team actions are just as high if not better from there.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Markbush

TOC xDarknessx's Gamercard
Number one thing I have to complain about is the people in this game have to be the stupidest people I have ever played with, it's like they have never played a shooter or something. Like when objectives are getting taken nobody pays attention to it aside from me it seems. When I am data hacking they will shoot the person I am huddled over before I finish or if I am getting hacked they will just let the guy do it and act like they never saw him. One more thing is the friendly fire with their grenades, no matter how much teammates they kill with them they just keep chucking them towards friendly crowded areas hoping for a kill.

(ME) (TEAMMATES)

The list just goes on...

Markbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have 2 complaints.

1. The no matchmaking for Co-op Modes.

2. COD Cunts who dont play properly. However im usually against them got a 28 kill streak early just chasing them all down and going to the objectives :P

Overall i love this game. Fantastic MP and SP. Best shooter along with bf.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
It doesn't even come close to being good like Battlefield...

It's seriously one of the worst Multiplayers I have ever seen...
Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Didn't want to start another thread so this won't be a bitch but more an enquiry.

Been playing since release day and im in the UK

Never had lag
No glitched achievements
No Disconnections
Only seen 1 host migration
Always able to spawn
Connect to all games in under 15 seconds

Am i the only one who has no issues with this game?

My only complaint is the lack of variety when it comes to weapons and equipment

Before anyone hates no im not a massive COD player, played them all but mainly for campaign/zombies/spec ops
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
You are very lucky.

Im starting to give up now. Ive quit my last 8-9 games because im ALWAYS on the fucking team of twats who dont move from our spawn and just camp and go for kills. Its so fucking annoying! Im always leaving matches because of these cunts!.... lol

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
You are very lucky.

Im starting to give up now. Ive quit my last 8-9 games because im ALWAYS on the fucking team of twats who dont move from our spawn and just camp and go for kills. Its so fucking annoying! Im always leaving matches because of these cunts!.... lol
Exactly like I said - the Call of Duty mentality has ruined ALL multiplayer gaming.

Fuck, back in the day on the PS2 when SOCOM 2 and 3 were in their prime - every ranked game was a single life game, aka no respawns (unless playing an unranked respawn game). I hardly remember people camping, unless they were outnumbered towards the end of a round - even if they were the defending team in an objective based game. Im feeling all nostalgic just thinking about it - playing some Fish Hook and running right up the middle chucking mad M67's, playing Crossroads and rushing the bomb every time, or even playing Sujo as a SEAL and rushing straight up the gut with my HK5 - those were the days of multiplayer gaming. Shame SOCOM 4 sucked major balls on the PS3, Zipper shit the bed with that one.
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Exactly like I said - the Call of Duty mentality has ruined ALL multiplayer gaming.
Well Counter-Strike always had campers, assholes, and non-objective players way before Call of Duty became so popular.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
the ferenczy

the ferenczy's Gamercard
I think the game will improve after a few patches and all the CoD players move on. I expect the mp community for GR to improve a month or two from now. Just be patient. The game does feel rushed and unpolished, which shouldn't be the case after 4-5 years in development. Hopefully Ubisoft will support and fix this game.
the ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Well Counter-Strike always had campers, assholes, and non-objective players way before Call of Duty became so popular.
They all moved to CoD, then had spawn. Many, many spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
TBH i always top my team with at least 6kxp and around 40+ kills. But there all so fucking stupid i put my mic in yesterday and started shouting at them. I hate losing and alot of the time quit out near the start because they all camp and snipe. Id rather have only a few kills and capture the objectives and win than get loads of kills and lose. Another thing people dont revive! and kill instead you get 50xp per kill and 500 for a revive! Fucking idiots.
Yep yep, and yep. I always end my games with over 10k points, but typically only have around 15-20 kills. Simply because I know what the game wants me to do - help out the team. I could kill the guy around the corner for 50 points, or intel assist him for 4 times as much. I could kill that crawling bad guy for 50 points, or hack him, co-ordinated kill him, and then get lots of intel assists for 30/40 times as much.

But no, all the CoD "K/D ration if most important derp" players just can't get it through their heads. Can't wait for them to leave xD

First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Last edited by MyPetWorm; 05-29-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
i-killed-kenny

HoMiCiDe uK's Gamercard
Bugs

Personally, I had the good thinking to play it at my friends house, and I loved, yes online there are things that annoy me but thats due to other players and me not being used to it.

In my playthrough, I'm having a huge issue on the Noble Tempest mission offline, there is one part where you have to regroup as a squad after saving Sykes, however only me and 2 others show up, the other one goes prone and crawls into the wall and its always 30k, any help here?

You want some, come get some !!!!

[SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
i-killed-kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-killed-kenny View Post
Personally, I had the good thinking to play it at my friends house, and I loved, yes online there are things that annoy me but thats due to other players and me not being used to it.

In my playthrough, I'm having a huge issue on the Noble Tempest mission offline, there is one part where you have to regroup as a squad after saving Sykes, however only me and 2 others show up, the other one goes prone and crawls into the wall and its always 30k, any help here?
When you get to the point that you have to wait, don't go into the spot. Just wait a bit away from it for the 4th ally to catch up, otherwise he gets stucl

Old 06-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
Bazajaytee

Bazajaytee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
At least flying the drone helps the team unlike snipers or soldiers who just run past an objective just to go and get more kills.
The game isn't about KDR and IS about camping and tactical movement and NOT about CoD/Battlefield run and gun.

This game could be great but few people play it properly and don't play the objectives. The game has terrible hit detection but the biggest problem with the game is the players.
Bazajaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
HTownBoi

HTownBoi's Gamercard
Love it when you are destroying another team in squad matches and they all send you messages that you are cheating.

4000th- Bossk, defeat 200 wookies, Force Unleashed
5000th-Just Saying Hi, Farted on every buddy in the game, South Park: TSOT
HTownBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
JayMax

JayMax's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTownBoi View Post
Love it when you are destroying another team in squad matches and they all send you messages that you are cheating.
TBH, to them it may actually seem that way due to connection issues. We've all had that laggy game where no amount of bullets drops someone, where you die around corners, or you gun only hits objects & the other team can hit you. I've been in games where you can't even take the objective, because the interaction meter keeps resetting 3/4 of the way for no reason.

It seems sometimes that the team that gets the host on their squad has the advantage. More headshots, sometimes it will even seem like they got in the game first and are already taking the first objective before you even spawned.

You won't be cheating, but it won't seem that way to the other team. How many times have people wondered if people have started intentionally lagging in this game, because the connection issue is so bad? You may even become more suspicious in squad matches where more pride is on the line.

Until Ubisoft gets the act together and fixes the connection problem, squad matches will be hit or miss for some.

Also sucks that if you don't have the full 6, the game will still match you up against a full team, instead of a same sized squad.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #18
xZarfotAcheivements

Send a message via Skype™ to xZarfotAcheivements

A Baked Cheddar's Gamercard
I posted this on Ubisoft forums but just like to see what my guys at x360a think

I really like this game! It has everything i wanted in a MP game which is team work! If i put a mic in and start talking my team usually does too and i've made a few friends out of it When your connected to a good host or server? IDK what this games deal is at the moment lol i always have a good game even if my team loses its still a good game as it was fair!

But as the title says its only a recipe right now..... My experiences so far have been good & bad. I want to stick at this game and progress through the ranking system but finding it hard to do with so many lagged out games and server disconnects . I see there is some server update maintenance happening today, who knows maybe that 3 hours maintenance is all it needs? Im just really tired of having to dashboard my games because of poor connections with no hit detection and teleporting....

I know that theres probably 50 million threads that are similar to this one with connection complaints and stuff but i felt like it was my duty to post after i put up with the connections for so long only for it to eventually reset my levels to 0.... even after it done that i still carried on playing and got each character back up to level 20 but i just got thrown out of a game for another terrible connection and im bored of it. My local gamestation store has offered me a full refund if i take it back in 3 days time..... i might just take them up on that offer? But this game would be so sick with good connections

Oh.... yeah one more thing to add. I sent an email to the tech team reporting my level reset and i got a response this morning. Check this out i lol'd so hard once i read it.

Response Via Email (Anette) 06/21/2012 11:24
Hello there

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

We're aware of this issue and at the moment investigating the cause of this problem, however could you please try to solve this issue by restarting your console and reconnect to the game to see if that restore your stats and levels

We apologize for this inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Nette
Ubisoft Technical Support.

LOL.... I didnt contact Ubisoft for them to tell me to turn my xbox on and off again? I will say no more.

A Baked Cheddar

CLAN

FKOF - Fat Kids On Fire
xZarfotAcheivements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZarfotAcheivements View Post
I really like this game! It has everything i wanted in a MP game which is team work! If i put a mic in and start talking my team usually does too and i've made a few friends out of it When your connected to a good host or server? IDK what this games deal is at the moment lol i always have a good game even if my team loses its still a good game as it was fair!

But as the title says its only a recipe right now..... My experiences so far have been good & bad. I want to stick at this game and progress through the ranking system but finding it hard to do with so many lagged out games and server disconnects . I see there is some server update maintenance happening today, who knows maybe that 3 hours maintenance is all it needs? Im just really tired of having to dashboard my games because of poor connections with no hit detection and teleporting....

I know that theres probably 50 million threads that are similar to this one with connection complaints and stuff but i felt like it was my duty to post after i put up with the connections for so long only for it to eventually reset my levels to 0.... even after it done that i still carried on playing and got each character back up to level 20 but i just got thrown out of a game for another terrible connection and im bored of it. My local gamestation store has offered me a full refund if i take it back in 3 days time..... i might just take them up on that offer? But this game would be so sick with good connections

Oh.... yeah one more thing to add. I sent an email to the tech team reporting my level reset and i got a response this morning. Check this out i lol'd so hard once i read it.

Response Via Email (Anette) 06/21/2012 11:24
Hello there

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

We're aware of this issue and at the moment investigating the cause of this problem, however could you please try to solve this issue by restarting your console and reconnect to the game to see if that restore your stats and levels

We apologize for this inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Nette
Ubisoft Technical Support.

LOL.... I didnt contact Ubisoft for them to tell me to turn my xbox on and off again? I will say no more.

LOL Typical response.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
fastNcurious

I'm almost done with the campaign and for the most part I am enjoying it. Wish there was more stealth and less forced encounters, as others have said.

Aside from the laughable graphics during cutscenes and in certain areas, my main complaint is how they make the game feel like a game. There are certain parts where you lose the feel of immersion.

For example, there was one part where your comm system or whatever gets hacked, but it wouldn't let you throw grenades. WTF. I remember I had 3 grenades right before that part and I never threw them. Are you telling me I can't lob grenades cuz my electronics are down?

And then the parts where they won't let you use a drone even though you just did a minute ago. Lol.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #21
Guy Who Rages

madhouse dan's Gamercard
I really wish this game had some kind of mic only lobby or something. I can't stand these silent games.

Guy Who Rages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #22
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

This game is so 10 years old.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #23
StompingFreak

stompingfreak's Gamercard
Why is the new DLC called the Artic Map pack when only 1 map has snow(for monkey mode only)..the others are in USSR.
StompingFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'll admit I quite enjoy the campaign and Guerilla is OK (although why the hell you can't play public games of it is beyond me).

But the MP is just shocking. I've ground my way through a number of achievements in quick matches and I was starting to work on ranking up all the classes but I've now given up. The number of host migrations and flat-out disconnects is beyond a joke.

More often than not I join a match and find I am on the losing team and get thrashed. Last night I got onto a good team in Conflict, was having a great game and scored a ton of XP only to be disconnected with 15 seconds (yes, 15 seconds) of the match left. All that effort for absolutely nothing.

It's not worth the frustration, especially when the multiplayer component of GRFS has so many issues already (poor collision detection, cover working some times and not others, wonky controls, etc, etc). I've given up on the MP.

What I don't understand is how this has happened when GRAW 2 was such a well polished game with great MP and co-op. Not exactly progress, is it?

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
three15

Worst thing is the black screen crashing at the end of missions, it's very frustrating when you've spend a while trying to finish a level!

MP, well i gave it a go and it was as bad as i'd heard, GRAW2 was great online, this is just terrible.
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #26
Importz2k1

SupremeNacho3's Gamercard
I'm 44 yrs old and I usually stay away from MP because my reflexes aren't as good as they used to be. But because I completely enjoyed the first 2 games I figure I give it a shot. My first complaint is the lag, but like others have said, I just quit and find another match. Then there's the "I hit an enemy with a shower of bullets" and they don't die. I get hit with one and I'm done.............. There is no one playing as a team, it's a stupid free for all and I always get stuck with the losing team for some reason.
I think I've played about 12-15 rounds and have only won 1 time. I really wanted to finish this game but I don't think I can stomach getting gang raped until I reach level 50.

The MP in GR 2 was absolutely fun, this is not.

Last edited by Importz2k1; 07-25-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Importz2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #27
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
I am so sick of not being able to do co-op because the uPlay servers blow goats.

SallyNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #28
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

why do your AI teammates go down when hit and you can revive them, yet you cant be revived? when you go down you're just dead. its stupid that you dont bleed out like in Gears.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #29
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
why do your AI teammates go down when hit and you can revive them, yet you cant be revived? when you go down you're just dead. its stupid that you dont bleed out like in Gears.
I was saved many times by the AI. I think if you get knock down and the ai continues to shoot you, you die. Otherwise you should be able to get knocked down twice and get back up with your teammates. I only one had to help the AI. I'm playing on veteran so maybe hard don't allow any get ups?

Anyway, I wanted to bitch that the last level sucked because you had to chase after a guy which really didn't fit this style of game. I also wanted to bitch that the achievements suck total ass for anyone just doing the single player.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosin360 View Post
I was saved many times by the AI. I think if you get knock down and the ai continues to shoot you, you die. Otherwise you should be able to get knocked down twice and get back up with your teammates. I only one had to help the AI. I'm playing on veteran so maybe hard don't allow any get ups?
i play Elite so maybe it doesnt allow that on that difficulty.