PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
lonewolf0913

lonewolf0913's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Boots of Springheel Jak quest / Jakben, Earl of Imbel wouldn't talk / any known cause

I apologize for posting this as a new topic, but when I read through all the current topics regarding this quest I didn't see my exact question.

I have already screwed up because I did not have a save prior to this point...

When I went to find Jakben, Earl of Imbel, he did not run from me.
He only stood there and gives the lines about being better than me and above my class or however he states it.

So of course I read about killing him lets you bypass the crypt all together and still get the boots...

Since he never followed the lines he was suppose to I killed him and took the boots.

I returned them to Grey Fox and then he just sits there.
No new quest comes and later I went back to the house and he's still sitting there.

The game glitched and I realize that, and since I don't have a save file before I killed Jakben, I realize that I'll be redoing the Thieves Guild with a new character to get the achievement.

My question is, does anyone know what caused this glitch?
I don't want to put in another 15 - 20 hours only to find out that I still have the same glitch on a new game.

I'm using the original version (not the GOTY edition)
and I currently have all the DLC

Any help would be appreciated, I'm still working on completing the rest of the game now, but would like some guidance on getting the 100%

Thanks

lonewolf0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
bluedogrook

bluedogrook's Gamercard
At the end of the quest, after retrieving the boots, do not discuss the diary entry or the Imbel Family Tree (if you stole it from Jak's desk) with the Gray Fox until after you've turned in the boots for your reward.

Seems like an odd thing to trigger a glitch, but this is known to be the cause. For the PC version, you can fix this glitch a couple of ways ("Unofficial Patch" and console commands). No such luck for Xbox.
bluedogrook is offline   Reply With Quote