Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dead Space
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
RuttedBike836

RuttedBike836's Gamercard
Huge problem with this game

So I love the concept behind games with upgrades systems allowing you to replay the game on a harder (+mode) with all the upgrades/benefits you had collected on your previous playthough. Borderlands does it perfectly and I thought Dead Space would be similar.

However, when I went to start impossible mode, I had nothing.

Instead, I have to replay the same difficulty I already beat while not having these upgrades (where is the challenge in that)

I thought the whole concept behind a +mode playthrough is to allow you to experience a harder difficulty with your upgrades/improved character to give u a similar, yet different playthrough experience.
RuttedBike836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
SteamrollerMann

SteamrollerMann's Gamercard
Yea I was pretty disappointed with that too - however they fixed it in Dead Space 2 so go out and buy that!
SteamrollerMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
dwayne_hicks

Dwayne Hicks's Gamercard
I actually enjoyed it the way they set it up. Tough but gratifying, you really feel that surviving will be tough. Adds to the horror/sci-fi vibe for me.

Need help with a game ?
If I still own it, I'll be glad to help, just message me and I'll try to work it out.
dwayne_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Wolfie824

Wolfwood824's Gamercard
I'm fine with the idea of being able to carry stuff over to a harder difficulty setting as long as said difficulty setting is balanced around that fact.

Impossible mode, however, just isn't challenging enough to still be difficult when you carry stuff over. In fact, the only difference between Impossible and Hard is that enemies do more damage on Impossible. It's obviously balanced with the assumption that you're starting fresh.

Personally, I thought it was a bad idea for them to allow you to both carry your stuff over to Zealot and get the achievement/trophy for it in DS2. At least they didn't make the same mistake for Hard Core.
Wolfie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
RuttedBike836

RuttedBike836's Gamercard
I understand they want to challenge you to get the achievement, but it would have been much more fun to play through the game with my upgraded character on impossible difficulty, even if it met not getting an achievement.

I am not interested in another playthrough on normal difficulty with a stacked character so I just roll through the beginning levels.
RuttedBike836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
Amazing game
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote