PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Guy Who Rages

madhouse dan's Gamercard
FUBAR Bitching Thread

Holy fuck. I've never played any kind of "Extreme" difficulty mode as cheap as FUBAR. Two shot kills, constant grenades, aggressive enemy AI and passive friendly AI, and weird design oversights (standing up after healing) all come together to form a ragefest of a game type. I die about 10 times between every checkpoint.

I'm so sick of seeing this...

So yeah. Vent here.

Guy Who Rages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FML.

I gave up after a while, so I've sent it back to my rental service. I just couldn't take the strain.. I was running out of things to chew on near the end. Maybe one day I will go back to it, until that time I'm glad I'm getting the Michael Phelps game

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
MrSully

MrSullyHD's Gamercard
Goddamn Snap on aim is pointless with the recoil.

That is all.
MrSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
CoziestParasite

coziestparasite's Gamercard
I just returned my copy of the game the other day and decided to pop in here to laugh at the people saying this is too hard. I'm no pro gamer or anything, but FUBAR really isn't as bad as you guys make it out to be.

The only part that gave me any real problem was toward the end when there's like 3 turrets shooting at you at one time. But even then it probably took only 10-15 tries before I finally figured out the correct path.

Checkpoints are pretty frequent and there's no having to slog through big portions of the game if you die. As long as you aren't running around like an idiot and actually use the cover they give you you should be golden. Heck, half the time I just stayed in cover and let my teammates take everyone out. Sounds to me like you guys just don't have a whole lot of patience.
CoziestParasite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Well just wrapped this bitch up and I'm pretty stoked about it, it's definitely a challenge at times but if you use some common sense and hang way back it's not bad. like the tips pointed out say, there are no infinite enemy re-spawns so if you can hug a good corner and corridor the enemies to you, your good to go. I hung way back alot of time and just slowly picked guys off with the semi auto rifle with scope. Always search for grenades and honestly use the shit out of your squad. I noticed they work better when always selecting the nearest target, so just designate and let them use their ammo up. I'd give the game an 7 or 8 total on difficulty only because the a.i. can spam grenades for sure, and enemies take way too many rounds. Stick it out guys it's a good accomplishment, just hang back and don't be a hero
Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
it's so annoying but i keep tryinggggggggggggggggggg
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love it when frustrating games ask you to lower the difficulty. "Have you sampled our easy difficulty? It might suite your skill level much better" lol. every time I saw that I was like dude fuck you lol. Luckily I didnt have too many problems on FUBAR, but I know exactly what you mean. It did that to me when I was playing disneys brave and the hardest difficulty. I cruised through the whole game and at the end I came to this warthog boss that I could not kill for the life of me, and every so often it would ask me if I wanted to drop the difficulty. I was ready to kill something

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 07-04-2012 at 01:26 AM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
More than worthless AI. 'Nuff said.

They don't even follow orders correctly!

Last edited by Nevander; 08-25-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
More than worthless AI. 'Nuff said.

The don't even follow orders correctly!
Yes!!! Yager need fucking fixes this shitty A.I. team mates.

If they do then yah I will start FUBAR
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
give this game a 8/10 please?

Last edited by jamal2807; 07-04-2012 at 12:21 PM.
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I'm going to be honest, I've had a fair few issues but for me, I've had no trouble apart from the chapter 13 which I'm on now and this is the last one.

Here some annoying parts for me;

No Dodge - The whole concept of not having a dodge button has ruined a lot of the FUBAR experience for me. Being in cover to then have a grenade thrown at me is normally instant death. You can't simply roll away, you have to find cover to switch to, which is time wasting, or you have to come out of cover and sprint, and then this causes the AI to shoot and kill you.

Grenades - The major annoyance here is that you can't throw them back. Then that just leaves you with the point above when one gets thrown at you.

Other than that, I've worked through the chapters quite fast. I've noticed you just need to be fast and a good shot! The amount of times I've taken my time and died because the AI got into a good position is endless. I'll then take notes on starting points, take them out fast, do the same to the others about before they can move up or react and move on. It's working well so far!

I've had some trouble in some parts, where I get caught out or in a corner and can't do much and this has mainly happened in C13. The very start took me a while until I figured out a plan and place to hide and kill off the group of AI with ease. I'm dreading the part where you defend in and around that boat... My last chapter though, then I'm 100% done!

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 07-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
Tsukimi

Send a message via ICQ to Tsukimi Send a message via MSN to Tsukimi

Tsukimi's Gamercard
Takes 2 shots in the head w/ M4A1 to get a kill, but a single shot w/ M9 (w/ suppressor on!)Seems legit to me.