PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
How HARD really is FUBAR?

Beat Suicide in around 5 hours. I returned it back to gamefly because I didn't want to go through on FUBAR. I really didn't have any trouble beating it on suicide until I got to Save Goul/Let him die. After that, parts were slightly challenging, but not impossible. Chapters 10 - 14 certainly were challenging.

So, is FUBAR extremely difficult? Should I re - rent it for my 1000G?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Sarsage

sarsage's Gamercard
Not as hard as what people are making it out to be, the hard parts can be done with persistence. I recommend following the FUBAR guide on the link below if you re-rent it. I personally wouldn't re-rent a game just for 50g though.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/spe...e-roadmap.html
Sarsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Twitching

Lucas Frost's Gamercard
It's hard. Really hard. I have all the achievements in Dark Souls and I think this is hard.
Twitching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitching View Post
It's hard. Really hard. I have all the achievements in Dark Souls and I think this is hard.
Yeah, but remember: Dark souls is hard in a challenging, skill level way... Then there is hard like this game: stupid team A.I and and cheap enemy tactics, there's a BIG difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
Its so hard!Here is one "super cool pro" who said its only a 3/10 , but dont listen to him lol.

Its really really hard , suicide is nothing compared to this.
its like the ps3 trophies side said , its like a 6,5-7/10 .
Good luck on chapter 13 ...you will need this lol.
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Finding it pretty hard at the moment. Rarely have I seen such a large jump between the 2 hardest difficulities.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
It is certainly difficult at certain points.. beginning of Chapter 6, Storming the Gate (I forget the chapter and mostly due to your AI teammates getting downed in open areas); Chapters 13 and 14 are difficult, but doable with some patience and perseverance. I'm currently on Fubar at the beginning of ch. 14.. should finish it tonight.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
cigarnut81

Legit Spam's Gamercard
gave up, games are meant to be a fun, stress free release from normal life. when did they become more frustrating? I know, when we got into achievements..
cigarnut81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #9
Denizens44

Guardsman Jacob's Gamercard
Right now I am going through my Fubar playthrough and I can tell you that it is not as bad as it is put out to be.
With some patience, you can go through it quite easily

Thank you Audacious for the signature

Gamertag: Guardsman Jacob
Denizens44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Well, it's not quite to the insanity of "Veteran" Mode on Call of Duty (well, COD 2 thru 5 anyway) ...but it is definitely challenging.

I enjoyed it a lot. It'll feel good once you get through it, so yeah I'd say it's worth the headache.

Cheers

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #11
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Gametime doesn't count deaths and restarts, most on fubar are probably skipping cut scenes which I'm guessing is counted on the clock as well. My sui run was 5 hrs and it damn sure took longer then that. I've noticed just ordering your squad is the way to do it and just hang back in cover, it's gonna blow once you lose both of 'em for a chapter or two I hate the game grenade spamming.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
I am going through it now and it's not hard. Just incredibly irritating with its two bullet kills. Ridiculous.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I just finished my FUBAR playthrough the other day and it was pretty tough in some parts. But most of the game was fairly easy. If you can get past the beginning of chapter 6 where you are by yourself, then you can beat the rest of the game. Make sure to look at the FUBAR tips and tricks before you start this difficulty. Keep trying and dont give up!
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After my suicidal run, I kept thinking that chapter 13 and 14 would be the hardest on FUBAR. Well, I haven't been there yet, but I got totally slaughtered on chapter 6 first section. It took me over 4 hours (with a dinner break in between) to get lucky.

Thereafter, it was pretty plain-sailing, so far. I'm up to 10-2 so far. Even the infamous chopper attack in chapter 6 and the garage section is chapter 10 wasn't that hard as I managed to one-time them...

Hopefully I could get past the rest by the end of the week.

Last edited by neeker75; 05-14-2013 at 01:24 AM.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #15
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNELSON View Post
Beat Suicide in around 5 hours. I returned it back to gamefly because I didn't want to go through on FUBAR. I really didn't have any trouble beating it on suicide until I got to Save Goul/Let him die. After that, parts were slightly challenging, but not impossible. Chapters 10 - 14 certainly were challenging.

So, is FUBAR extremely difficult? Should I re - rent it for my 1000G?
It's fucked up beyond all recognition.

Chapters 6, 13, and 14, specifically.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Iceman View Post
It's fucked up beyond all recognition.

Chapters 6, 13, and 14, specifically.

-M
I am currently on chapter 14 on Fubar and I can't remember a more difficult playthrough. The AI is absolute bullshit and can headshot you from accross the map. It is the opposite of fun and makes me rethink my dedication to completing a game. I am finishing the game as a fuck you, not because I am enjoying it.

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNasty View Post
I am currently on chapter 14 on Fubar and I can't remember a more difficult playthrough. The AI is absolute bullshit and can headshot you from accross the map. It is the opposite of fun and makes me rethink my dedication to completing a game. I am finishing the game as a fuck you, not because I am enjoying it.
Don't fret. Spiking your controller on the ground and yelling "FUCK YOU!" at your TV when the credits roll is the best feeling in the world. You'll get there. Personally, it took me way more tries to do the beginning of chapter 6 and 13 than the fight uphill on chapter 14. So if you've made it that far, you'll definitely beat the game in no time. Just stick with it. Read my tips for that part here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=377701

I really think that the key to that battle is making sure you have a long-range, precision weapon and DON'T drop it when you pick up the rocket launcher. The precision weapon will allow you to take out most (if not all) of the people behind the bunker from a safer distance. I ordered Adams to kill anyone he could up until the halfway point to the checkpoint. It is only in that area (where he takes cover behind the hummer) that he can get downed. At least it was for me. Up until that point, he was damn near invincible. You can also use him to distract the turret gunner which will provide you with a valuable second or two to aim at his head.

Even if you do get stuck with the SCAR and the RPG, use the RPG for the turret gunners (and don't miss). Keep it with you when you run out of ammo because there is an ammo box halfway up the hill against a wall on the left side that will give you an extra rocket. After you use up that last rocket, then you can (and should) swap it out for anything that is lying around. If you're down to only the SCAR, don't get into cover, but hide behind something and slowly strafe out to where you can peek at where the enemies are and pick them off one by one. Only go for headshots. Advance slowly through this area and make sure that everyone is dead before you move up. There are several spawn points, but the enemies are limited, so take that to heart.

All you have to do is mantle over the sandbags of the outpost where the mortar was and you'll hit a checkpoint. There is a SAW and a grenade launcher in there. After this point, you'll be home free as the four remaining battles are a cakewalk compared to what you just went through.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote