Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Halo: Silentium

Quote:
In the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an unmatched evil from dominating the entire universe.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Bump.

I spy, with my little eye...something from the campaign demo at E3 2012.

-A big, floaty orange/gray sphere of doom?

Yes.

-10 points.

Swish.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Oh nice. I love gaming related books.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Bump.

I spy, with my little eye...something from the campaign demo at E3 2012.

-A big, floaty orange/gray sphere of doom?

Yes.

-10 points.

Swish.
Word is, this big, floaty orange/gray sphere of doom is some version of the Didacts Cryptum.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #5
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Ah, so that's the name of the third book. I'm reading Primordium right now. When does Silentium come out, or has it come out and I just missed it?
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreBall View Post
Ah, so that's the name of the third book. I'm reading Primordium right now. When does Silentium come out, or has it come out and I just missed it?
It should be out January 8th, 2013.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Diamondxinferno1116

Diamondxinferno's Gamercard
Isnt this sorta a spoiler?
Diamondxinferno1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Quote:
It should be out January 8th, 2013.
Ah, damn, I was hoping it would be done before Halo 4 released. All well.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Why is this being released so long after Halo 4?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Relating to Didact being on the new Cryptium and Requiem being involved with Halo 4.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

Spoiler alert!

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
DarkReign2021
Banned User

There are no spoilers here. That's the description on the back of the book. And even if you haven't read the first two novels, the excerpt tells you nothing about the events of the previous two books. The only thing being spoiled here is the existence of the Flood and if that's a spoiler than you probably started the series with Halo: Reach and need to get with the program. Flood have been around since Halo 1.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #13
LickableLemons7

New cover art; major spoiler alert to those who haven't finished the Halo 4 campaign.

The original cover art we saw will be a part of the back of the jacket cover.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
New cover art; major spoiler alert to those who haven't finished the Halo 4 campaign.

The original cover art we saw will be a part of the back of the jacket cover.

Wow. Fuckng love it. I've never been big on expanded universe media like this. But the game left me really wanting more history on the Didact and his fall from grace. Thinking I'm definitely gonna have to check this out.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
LickableLemons7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post5510542

Discuss, x360a. Is anyone here excited for Silentium? C'mon, there's gotta be a couple.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
BiggD
42 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post5510542

Discuss, x360a. Is anyone here excited for Silentium? C'mon, there's gotta be a couple.
Hey Lemons, good to see you active again. I'm pretty pumped. Not sure you read through my comments in the link you posted but since I haven't read the Forerunner novels yet, I'll be picking them all up at once.

I can't wait, dude. I love the Didact & Librarian, and all that sci-fi Forerunner lore...so these books will be a pleasure to read.

I have Cole Protocal sitting on my shelf, is it worth the read?

EDIT: Oh shit, just saw the cover art in your spoiler tag. That's brilliant. It looks awesome!!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #17
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I have Cole Protocal sitting on my shelf, is it worth the read?
I think it's good backstory for the Halo universe, but it's not worth the read now with this emphasis on The Reclaimer Trilogy and Forerunners and Precursors and all.

But hey, if it's on your shelf, and it's not a library book, take your time and read it, since Silentium isn't out 'till March, and you say you won't start The Forerunner Saga until Silentium is out.

Explaining in as little detail as possible (and if I remember correctly, as I only read it twice)The Cole Protocol is basically the story of how good ol' Captain Keyes was promoted from a Lieutenant to Commander.

And if you haven't already, here's a reminder:

Must read Halo books:
-The Fall of Reach
-First Strike
-Uprising (comic)
-Ghosts of Onyx
-The Thursday War (and Glasslands, because even though it was a bit slow, you get more out of TheThursday War by reading Glasslands)

And of course, all of The Forerunner Saga.

There are some cool poems and short stories in Halo: Evolutions, they're all up for grabs.

The only Halo related material I haven't read are those other non Uprising comic-esque things, like Bloodlines and Helljumper.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #18
BiggD
42 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I never really cared for motion-comic shorts/videos but after finally getting around to watching Headhunters, it was pretty sweet.

I kinda forgot about how the Spartan-III's were essentially 'suicide-mission-soliders.'

Since when are the Elites referred to as gators?! And grenades can't pass through shielded barriers...the fuck?

Such a great clip dude, I loved the ending. I'll check out the Mona Lisa tomorrow!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-19-2013 at 03:07 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Well an interesting little tidbit was recently revealed thanks to Greg Bear. As it turns out, and this is something I've been pondering for a while, the Didact we face in Halo 4 was actually the Ur-Didact. This explains a good deal of the hatred we see from him toward Humanity and Bear teases that events in Silentium will make that hatred even stronger.

This really clears up how the Didact would have activated the Halo Array as we discovered in the Terminals during Halo 3. It's nice to have something official on this finally.

http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=6897
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #20
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post

This really clears up how the Didact would have activated the Halo Array as we discovered in the Terminals during Halo 3. It's nice to have something official on this finally.

http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=6897
So it's presumed both the Ur and Bornstellar Didacts are dead?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #21
DarkReign2021
Banned User

As far as we know, activating the Ark and the Halo Array offered no sort of protection from the effects, so the Didact that activated it (Obviously Bornstellar since Ur-Didact hated the idea of the Halo Array) and would've been killed in doing so. The Ur-Didact, who we "kill" in Halo 4 would be most likely dead as well, though we all have our suspicions about whether or not he's gone.

I still question whether or not Bornstellar is actually gone though. It seems like the Librarian might still be alive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see either of the Didacts return (Bornstellar would be a most welcome ally )
Old 02-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #22
LickableLemons7

I was wondering if the Bornstellar Didact was still alive or not. Since he's essentially the Ur-Didact's conscious, would they be able to have some sort of wacky mind connection thing? So when the Ur-Didact "died" in Halo 4, and if the Bornstellar Didact was still alive, would he know instantly? Like how Obi-Wan Kenobi sensed those people dying when the Death Star blew up that one planet. Strong with the Force. Yay, even more Star Wars.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #23
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Anybody else have it yet? Got mine in the mail today and getting ready to start it after I get off of here. Can't wait to finally see what happens to the Ur-Didact to piss him off so much (and I really hope it goes up to the point of Bornstellar activating The Ark. Guess I'll know soon enough