Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed

Quote:
  • Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
  • Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: High-performance controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
  • Halo 4 Standard Edition game: Begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
  • Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
  • Largest hard drive available: The 320-GB hard drive offers more space for game add-ons and downloadable content, and more memory to store all of your entertainment.
  • Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
  • Black Xbox 360 headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE, or team up and jump in with multiplayer gameplay.

The console was announced prematurely, so the page has been removed. Funny how this isn't the first time someone at Microsoft has prematurely revealed something. Someone really needs to hire better people to work there.

Anyway, this console looks bad-ass! Not a fan of just a regular, black headset, but whatever floats Microsoft's boat.

Source: loudmouthgamer
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console? At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one. My slim is too new to even consider buying another console now.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one.
I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
DividedbyN1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway.
The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoft’s online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]

It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.

IGN
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght
The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoft’s online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]
Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-13-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #6
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.
Why not? It's not like you won't need your 360 when the next Xbox comes out, unless you're getting rid of your library too. But then you may as well argue that they're trying to get away with releasing "another Halo" this close to next gen.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Looks cool but my 360 is just a few months old, so this and the highly rumored "next gen" console will just have to wait.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
MightyPeter

MightyPeter's Gamercard
Looks like I'm out another 400$...
Or, since my GF loves Halo as much as I do, this would be a great christmas gift to me, right?
Just need a good pitch, the Star Wars Console would like to live in the basement maybe, and/or the Halo 4 one matches the living room much better?
MightyPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?
Not sure what you mean by that, i'm sure there are people who will buy it, not everyone is planning on buying the next gen the day it releases so it is possible that people will be playing their 360's for 18+ months from now. Also how is a custom console any different to a collector's edition of a game (besides the obvious price tag). If people are a fan of the franchise or console collectors, than MS will shift more than a few.

I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.
Ehh, not to burst your bubble but the appeal of it being "collectible" wears off pretty fast, but it's still really nice to look at and use something other than a generic black box. The custom sounds (and blue LEDs in this case) definitely help in that department. IDK if I could ever go back to a plain console, the beeps and dings would drive me bananas after growing fond of the subtle shield sounds my console makes.

Quote:

Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #13
DividedbyN1ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited
The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when it’s turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN
Old 07-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
CaRo

Send a message via AIM to CaRo
That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find

Thank You Gackt For The Sig!
CaRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
DividedbyN1ght

The bundle was listed with a retail price of $399.99 before it was taken down. Source

I don't think it's worth that price because I agree with DarkReign2021.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #16
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
i only want the controller because im fine with my white regular xbox 360
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Jawsant

batt1sta's Gamercard
I'm in no need for a new Xbox so I hope Microsoft release's the controllers separately. It looks great though!

1000GS or More:
[/SIZE]
Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, TFU II, Borderlands, The Walking Dead (Video Game), Captain America: Super Soldier

Message me if you want to play/start a custom games in Halo 3 OR Halo Reach

Jawsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRo View Post
That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
Oh my god, that is beautiful. My Halo Reach console will suffice though. I have to pick up one of those controllers though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsant View Post
I'm in no need for a new Xbox so I hope Microsoft release's the controllers separately. It looks great though!
Don't know what many of you are smoking but this is an ugly and messy look that have no artistic sense nor meaning compared to a graffiti. Halo Reach themed console was minimalist and beautiful, but this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.
I'm with you fastNcurious and you're not in the minority, much more says it in the gaming news websites comments.
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Milk the franchise dry.
Gotta SQUEEEEEEEEEEEZE every single penny out of it!

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I can patiently wait for a next-gen Xbox.

This Halo 4 console design isn't one of my favorites. I liked the Kinect Star Wars and Gears 3 consoles better.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #21
KH308

Onetw03's Gamercard
I want this. I really hope it will be available where I'm at. I haven't bought the new xbox, I don't want kinect and I want halo 4. This is the perfect bundle for me.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH308 View Post
I want this. I really hope it will be available where I'm at. I haven't bought the new xbox, I don't want kinect and I want halo 4. This is the perfect bundle for me.
Most retailers will stock it. Worst case scenario, you would have to buy it from an online retailer.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
VyzieTaur

VyzieTaur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH308 View Post
Seconded. I think its beautiful Have my pre-order in on it

http://duxter.com/VyzieTaur - Social networking for gamers!
VyzieTaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
AMATHUS21

AMATHUS21's Gamercard
Does anyone know what the dlc is in this console bundle or is it going to be like gears and have the same content as limited edition?
AMATHUS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #25
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATHUS21 View Post
Does anyone know what the dlc is in this console bundle or is it going to be like gears and have the same content as limited edition?
According to Amazon (which has it available for pre-order):

Quote:
Custom Content: Receive a code for downloadable Halo 4 content, including a unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
So it sounds like the same content as the limited edition, minus the map packs.

Quote:

Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #26
JASEL84

COD MASTAH's Gamercard

I have to pick up one of those controllers though. I have Halo Reach console ... i need new one? looks awsome

Prestige 10: Modern Warfare
Prestige 10: World at War
Prestige 10: Modern Warfare 2
Prestige 14: Black Ops
Prestige 14: Modern Warfare 3

Real gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCDxvRFGp0&feature=plcp
JASEL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
Diamondxinferno1116

Diamondxinferno's Gamercard
I just pre ordered it from my local gamestop so yes its being sold at numerous locations
Diamondxinferno1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
Craphex

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
I cancelled my LE preorder to preorder this instead, they said the console comes with the same dlc as the LE, that was the only reason I wanted it. Can anyone confirm it really does have the same dlc?

100,000G Reached: 25/04/12

Last edited by Craphex; 08-04-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #29
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
I cancelled my LE preorder to preorder this instead, they said the console comes with the same dlc as the LE, that was the only reason I wanted it. Can anyone confirm it really does have the same dlc?
Not true, but the DLC pass will be available day one for 2000 msp. So if that is the only reason you want the LE you are wasting $15 on the rest of the stuff.
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Fuhrer View Post
Not true, but the DLC pass will be available day one for 2000 msp. So if that is the only reason you want the LE you are wasting $15 on the rest of the stuff.
All the DLC's or just the LE's DLC?