PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Challenge Accepted Guide

This is a full guide for the 'Challenge Accepted' achievement. It's a 100% comfirmed list of all the challenges you need to complete up-to/past level 1 and some level 5.

The lists will be shown in sections for easy finding (see Key below) and will only show the first level of what you need to achieve towards the achievement.

Take note that some challenges don't unlock until you either reach certain areas or complete the 1st level of a previous challenge. Please also look at the notes section below for some more information.

Challenge Accepted 30
Completed level 1 of all non-level-specific challenges with a single character

-----------

Useful Links

Achievement Guide + Roadmap + DLC
Achievement Trading Thread
Challenge Accepted Achievement Check List

-----------

Credit

F8L Fool for Jimmy Jenkins guide.
k1ll1ng5pr33 for new information and layout.

-----------

Key [Linked]

Enemies (#2)
Elemental (#3)
Loot (#4)
Money and Trading (#5)
Vehicle (#6)
Health and Recovery (#7)
Guns and Melee (#8)
Equipment (#9)
Misc (#10)

-----------

Challenges Note

1) Even though some challenges are hidden, you can complete them while they're hidden (you do need to unlock them first before it actually counts as completed of course). For example, if you get 'Splish Splash' to level 5, 'Catch-A-Rocket' will unlock, which requires to kill enemies with direct rocket hits.

If you complete 'Splish Splash', but in the meantime also killed enemies with direct rockets, once you unlock 'Catch-A-Rocket' it'll be completed right away.

2) Any challenge that requires you to kill anyone, so Jenkins, you must deal the final killing blow. If someone else kills the challenge target, the challenge will not unlock for you.

3) DLC challenges do not count towards the achievement. Only the original game list that are all shown below.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-23-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3
Enemies

Little Person, Big Pain
Kill 10 Midgets
  • Weakness: Fire
  • Locations: Everywhere.
Load and Lock
Kill 10 Loaders
  • Weakness: Corrosive
  • Locations: Bloodshot Ramparts, Tundra Express, End of the Line, The Highlands, Lynchwood, Oppertunity, Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, Hero's Pass.
Bully the Bullies
Kill 25 Bullymongs
  • Locations: Shoutern Shelf, Three Horns, Eridium Blight.
Cruising for a Bruising
Kill 10 Bruisers
  • Locations: Thousand Cuts, Bloodshot Rampart, Lynchwood.
Marauder? I Hardly Know 'Er
Kill 20 Marauders
You Dirty Rat
Kill 10 Rats
  • Locations: Bloodshot Ramparts, The Dust, Tundra Express, The Fridge, Lynchwood, Sawtooth Cauldron.
Mama's Boys
Kill 50 Psychos
You (No)Mad, Bro?
Kill 10 Nomads
  • Locations: Three Horns, Forstburn Canyon, Bloodshot Ramparts, Tundra Express, The Fridge, Thousand Cuts, Lynchwood, Sawtooth Cauldron.
Short-Chained
Shoot a chain to release midgets from shield
  • An enemy named ‘Nomad Torturer’ have gigantic shields with a midget strapped onto it. Aim to the left or right from the midget and shoot the chain. You'll hear it snap when done correctly and the midget will be set free. If you're having trouble aiming for the chain, get close by and you should have no problem breaking the chain. Don't use any elemental weapons, else you might kill the midget before breaking the chain. The midget has it's own small health bar.
Hurly Burly
Shoot 10 bullymong-tossed projectiles out of mid-air
  • This can be unlocked early on. Simply kill a group of Bullymongs until a Bullymong Slinger is left. He'll only throw the ice blocks as an attack.
Just a Moment of Your Time...
Kill 10 Surveyors
  • Locations: End of the Line, The Fridge, The Highlands, Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, The Bunker, Oppertunity, Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, Hero's Pass.
WHY SO MICH HIRT?!
Kill 10 Goliaths
  • Locations: Frostburn Canyon, Bloodshot Ramparts, Tundra Express, The Fridge, Thousand Cuts, Lynchwood, Sawtooth Cauldron.
Paigineering
Kill 10 Hyperion personnel
  • Locations: The Highlands, Oppertunity, Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, Hero's Pass.
Constructor Destructor
Kill 5 Constructors
  • Locations: The Highlands, Oppertunity, Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, Hero's Pass.
Another Bug Hunt
Kill 10 Varkids
  • Locations: Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns.
Tentacle Obsession
Kill 10 Threshers
  • Locations: The Highlands, Caustic Caverns, Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, Sawtooth Cauldron.
Pest Control
Kill 10 Spiderants
  • Locations: Frostburn Canyon, The Dust, Caustic Caverns.
Crystals Are a Girl's Best Friend
Kill 10 Crystalisks
  • Weakness: Explosives (Crystals on the legs)
  • Locations: The Fridge, Caustic Caverns, Hero's Pass
Pod Pew Pew
Kill 10 Varkid pods before they hatch
  • If you’re attacked by Varkids, don’t kill them right away. Keep them alive and soon enough some will turn into a gigantic red pod. Destroy it before it hatches.
  • Locations: Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns.
Die in the Friendly Skies
Kill 10 Buzzards
  • Weakness: Explosive
  • Locations: Sawtooth Cauldron, Tundra Express, Thousand Cuts.
You're One Ugly Mother...
Kill 10 Stalkers
  • Weakness: Shock
  • Locations: The Highlands, The Fridge, Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
Skags to Riches
Kill 10 Skags
  • Locations: Three Horns, The Dust, Tundra Express, Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-04-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Elemental

Note
Elemental weapons have a certain colour and word in their description - Fire, Shock, Corrosive, Explosive or Slag.) These weapons have a chance to cause damage over time (DoT); Burning, Electrocute, Corrode, deal Explosive damage or Slag your enemies for bonus damage.

Slag-Licked
Deal 5000 bonus damage to Slagged enemies
  • Slagged enemies are covered in a layer of purple. Use Slag elemental weapons/barrels to Slag them, and switch to a different weapon to deal bonus damage.
  • Slagged barrels are purple
Boom.
Kill 20 enemies with Explosive damage
  • Use Explosive elemental weapons or barrels.
  • Explosive barrels are yellow
Cowering Inferno
Ignite 25 enemies
  • Refer to 'I Just Want to Set the World on Fire'.
Say 'Watt' Again
Deal 5000 Electrocute damage
  • Use Shock elemental weapons or barrels. When an enemy gets electrocuted, he will receive Damage over Time (DoT).
  • Shock barrels are blue
Corroderate
Deal 2500 corrosion damage
  • Refer to 'Acid Trip'.
I Just Want to Set the World on Fire
Deal 5000 burn damage
  • Use Fire elemental weapons or barrels. When an enemy ignites, he will burn and receive Damage over Time (DoT).
Acid Trip
Kill 20 enemies with Corrode damage
  • Use Corrosion elemental weapons or barrels. When an enemy corrodes, he will receive Damage over Time (DoT).
  • Corrosion barrels are green

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-04-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Loot

Open Pandora's Boxes
Open 50 lootable chests, lockers, and other objects
  • Other objects include the piles of stuff you find on the floor which you must smash open with / - Ice Rocks, Junk, Skag Food etc
The Call of Booty
Open 5 treasure chests
  • Treasure chests give you equipment and nothing else.
Nothing Rymes with Orange
Loot or purchase 1 orange item
  • Orange is the rarest loot (legendary). You either need to be very lucky to get it as loot or find it in a shop. Most bosses (they respawn) have a higher chance (still low though) to drop Orange loot.
Purple Reign
Loot or purchase 2 purple items
  • Can be brought and then resold at any gun shop/vending machine or simply found from loot throughout the game.
I Like My Treasure Rare
Loot or purchase 5 blue items
  • Can be brought and then resold at any gun shop/vending machine or simply found from loot throughout the game.
It's Not Easy Looting Green
Loot or purchase 20 green items
Another Man's Treasure
Loot or purchase 50 white items
Gun Runner
Pick up or purchase 10 weapons
  • Can be brought and then resold at any gun shop/vending machine (any colour) or simply found from loot throughout the game.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-04-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Money and Trading

Psst, Hey Buddy...
Trade with 1 other player
  • To trade with another player, face them and hold .
  • You can trade anything from a weapon to $1.
Whaddaya Buyin'?
Purchase 2 items with Eridium
  • Eridium is a glowing purple item that is a rare drop/find and can also be given as a award for completing missions. Eridium can only be used at the Black Market in Sanctuary and for 2 items you'll need a total of 8 Eridum.
Limited-Time Offer
Buy 1 "Item of the Day"
  • Any vending machine will have a "Item of the Day" in the top right corner of the buy page. Simply buy the item and then feel free to resell it.
Wholesale
Sell 10 items to vending machines
  • This covers all vending machines. Just make sure you pick up and have 10 items you're willing to sell.
For the Hoard!
Save $10,000
  • You do note need $10,000 in your bank at one time to unlock this. It's based overall as you play.
  • Can also be unlocked if someone trades $10,000 over to you.
Dolla Dolla Bills, Y'all
Pickup $5,000 from cash drops
  • Just keep playing the game and you'll eventually unlock this when picking up loot from objects and kills.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-04-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Vehicle

Note
Must have visited Three Horns and also gained access to the Bandit Technical during "Chapter 6: Dam Fine Rescue" for this category of challenges to be accessible.

Passive Aggressive
Kill 1 enemy while riding as a passenger
  • This can only be done in the bandit vehicle and must not be the driver or gunner
  • Park it somewhere close to enemies, hop out and move to the back and enter the passenger seat. Use your weapons to kill an enemy.
Turret Syndrome
Kill 10 enemies with a turret or vehicle mounted weapon
  • Self-explanatory
Blue Sparks
Kill 5 enemies while power sliding
  • To power slide in any car, simply press and hold down .
Hit-and-Fun
Kill 5 enemies by ramming them with a vehicle
  • Self-explanatory
...One Van Leaves
Kill 5 vehicles while in a vehicle
  • Enemy vehicles can be found driving around in the The Dust area.
  • Any position counts

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 10-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Mr Daravon

Mr Daravon's Gamercard
I'm going to grab a shotgun in a second, I did all of these days ago and couldn't get the achievement, but noticed in comparing my in-game list to yours that the long-range Shotgun kill one isn't listed at all in my game. I assumed that the in-game ones were just there automatically, I guess that you actually need to do a Challenge item once to have it populate? I'll post back if that was it or not for me, this one's been driving me crazy.
Mr Daravon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Jimmy Jenkins.. Still nothing.. He hates meh D= Does anyone know who has killed him. Does everyone in the room get the Challenge? or just the One person that gets the kill shot?

Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman1469 View Post
Jimmy Jenkins.. Still nothing.. He hates meh D= Does anyone know who has killed him. Does everyone in the room get the Challenge? or just the One person that gets the kill shot?
Seriously, where the hell can I find this guy?
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
JMJimmy

JMJimmy's Gamercard
Thanks for copying my guide and not giving credit.
JMJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJimmy View Post
Thanks for copying my guide and not giving credit.
Actually I used my Official Guide to start with and had this stuff written down a couple of days ago. The guide actually lays them out in the same/similar order, be it sections or some of the challenges order.

I do admit, I saw yours earlier and copied and pasted across the list for some sections. Why? Because 1, I would of typed it out anyway in any/that order, so it would be been the same and 2, it saved on hours worth of typing the same thing out. So even if I did it typing, it would of been similar and I would of got accused...

Only thing that is the same is the layout. I can't help that the list I got is the same as yours because we're both writing about the same achievement...

If you want credit for the initial list, I'll add your name to the top. Though the achievement description and list really can't be that different for this one.

--------------------

OT: Anyone wondering about the challenges that aren't showing, some only pop up once you've either got to a certain location where that enemy spawn, or you've completed a previous challenge up to level 5 beforehand. Again, give me a couple of days to get some notes down on places and locations for things and I'll do an edit overhaul to hopefully help with as many of the challenges as possible.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
seven43861

Seven43861's Gamercard
Greatly appreciate the list.
seven43861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Good stuff, thanks for this Noz.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
So wait, the level achievements (such as killing flynt without touching the fire) are not required for this?
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Nice guide. Thanks for clearing up the confusion on this one.

BTW when you do the Roid Rage (Maylay Shield) one , use a bladed weapon and it counts for both types of melee as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Lightnning

Noirei's Gamercard
Yaaay! thank yu again for the guide again! After a day of finishing of splash and open wide I now have the achievement ^^ I owe ya one haha this was really ticking me off :P
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #17
xWTM

xwtm's Gamercard
great guide, especially to keep track of it all.
xWTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #18
DarkBugz

DarkBugz's Gamercard
God it took me a full day and a half to find jimy
DarkBugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
VanillaJaguar2

Fat Jesus HD's Gamercard
Helpful

This is my last achievement, I hope this can help.
VanillaJaguar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
VanillaJaguar2

Fat Jesus HD's Gamercard
Confusing

Do we need to find all of the Cult of the Vault symbols for this? Or is it just killing enemies in different ways?
VanillaJaguar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Added a link to the JJ challenge. I recommend anyone having issues with this one, to look at it.

It's also been added to the finding JJ thread which can be found within the locked Encyclopedia.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #22
raptorscream

i have leveled past 1 all of the challenges, any idea why i can't get the achievement?
raptorscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #23
twistedxdreamsx

twistedxdreamsx's Gamercard
challenge accepted achievement

to completly get the achievement i had to complete the open wide shotgun challenge level 5 and the splish splash rocket launcher level 5 also before i got the achievement and thats not including getting level 1 with all the other challenges also but still it was fun getting them done in the end
twistedxdreamsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
doomey

doomey's Gamercard
Can anyone recomend a good place for dplish splash? Can you use car to save middles?? Thx
doomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
GOWnage

Mr Desmond Hume's Gamercard
I'm being thick. Please can somebody CONFIRM I don't need to find all the vault logos in each map for the achievement? Cheers

Wallbouncing: making noobs think they're good since 2006.

PC Gamers; the hipsters of gaming.

twitter.com/BenJDufton
GOWnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #26
MikeydCT

Send a message via Skype™ to MikeydCT

MikeydCT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the Jimmy Jenkins challenge if 1 person out of group of 4 kills him does all 4 get the challenge? I was in a random person game in the wildlife I found Jimmy in one of the boxes mostly everyone finds him. he down me and ran out of view but 1 of the three others killed him while i was waiting to be revived but no challenge done. Wondering if Im glitched or I have to kill him.
MikeydCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
dayez

dayez's Gamercard
ive completed both playthroughs with my siren, all i need is to kill jenkins for the achivement, so if anyone has the rewquired missions up still and wouldnt mind allowing me to kill him, id really appreciate it, if you can help just message me on my gt: II Dayez II. been farming for a week now n still no luck its driving me insne
dayez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Reaper1989

Damn that JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKII IIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Reaper1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #29
Senor McHaggis

Senor McHaggis's Gamercard
Thanks for posting this guide! I've been pretty confused as to which challenges were part of this achievement.
Senor McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #30
Swisher

Lil Swisher's Gamercard
Whats a good spot to do the "im back! Shocked?" Challenge? I just cant get it...