PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Boomerang Cat

Arrow FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

After the success of last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread with the Community members of the x360a Forums, I thought it would be beneficial to everyone to make it an annual tradition.

Remarkably last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread (Link) has to date been viewed over 250,000 times in less than a Year, which equates to more than 4 times as many views as the next most viewed FIFA 12 Thread on the xbox360achievements Forums.

With FIFA 13 now Released, many Players of the Game will soon be creating a new Career Mode with their favourite Team.

This Thread has been designed for Users of the Forum to share anything they think others might find useful during their very own FIFA 13 Career Mode.

FIFA 13 Career Mode Items of Interest can include:

Bargain Players: Those Undiscovered Gems that are excellent Value for Money.

Young Players with High Potential: Share those Wonderkid's whose attributes have grown at a very rapid rate.

Tips: Either before starting or during a current Career Mode Game, what are the essential Tips you would give to others?

Stories: Exceptional FIFA 13 Career Mode Stories which the majority of the Forum would find interesting.

Tactics: What are your "go-to" Tactics which help you to Win Matches or fight back from negative Scorelines.

Anything else related to FIFA 13's Career Mode which the majority of the x360a Community would find interesting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor's Tips:

Link To FIFA 13's Best Young Players Career Mode Database: Click Here
Description: The FIFA 13 Best Young Players Career Mode Database includes all Players that have an overall Potential of 75+ and start the 2012/2013 Season at an Age of 25 or less.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to Free Transfers and Lower League Club Tips: Click Here
Description: When starting with a Club in a Lower League it can be helpful to Transfer List & Sell nearly all of your Backup Players. This will enable you to Sign some of the Players who are available on Free Transfers to replace them. The Money raised from selling your Backup Players, will give you an improved Transfer Budget to spend building your First Team Squad.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 05-01-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
Tactics - one tactic I always used no matter what its free form attacking instead of organized. I hate how if you take your striker to the left wing, the LW will just trail him, so instead in free form, he will attack the middle where your striker just was.
Tips - do not just buy high rated players because there rating is high, take a look at things that you need in your play style, ex. high stamina if you sprint alot, or skill moves if you do tricks. I personally will always stay away from players with stamina under 70.
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Please reformat your post, the text is minuscule and a pain in the arse to read.

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Can't wait to get started hoping to start with Deportivo or Blackburn as they have more Portuguese players than my Benfica.

Hope Shopto delivers extra early, teasing me with the picture of my game parceled and ready to go

~
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Will be starting up a Liverpool career later tonight when I have the game, and I will also start a career with Anzhi at some point as I did successfully last year. Players who I'm very excited to try out include:
Sterling, Suso, Allen, Pacheco, Wisdom, Morgan (all Liverpool), Tello, Alba (both Barcelona), Dzsudzsak (Dinamo Moscow), Pomazan, Jucilei (both Anzhi), Doumbia, Dzagoev, Schennikov (all CSKA Moscow).

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
TWDownfall

Lethal Smizzle's Gamercard
I've been playing with Napoli. Signed Subotic (he's heroic), Hangeland (not so good), Beckham for a bit of depth (and £140k/25k a week) and Raphael Varane on loan from Real. Currently sitting 2nd after beating Palermo and Fiorentina, although I lost in the Super Coppa to Juvé.

Varane's (76) a very good young talent. So too's Lorenzo Insigne (76) and Eduardo Vargas (77) seems to have good potential.
Doritos Crash Course (200/200)
Harm's Way (200/200)

Games In Progress
Battlefield: Bad Co. 2 (105/1000)
The Walking Dead (350/500)
Feeding Frenzy (90/200)
L.A. Noire (945/1400)
TWDownfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Thmsjms

Tommarse666's Gamercard
I started a career with Liverpool and signed Ilkay Gundogan from B. Dortmund, he's gone from OVR 80 up to OVR 85 so far, and he's quite young!

On another note, what's the deal with loan players? I still have Sahin and I'm near the end of my 2nd season, and Carroll still hasn't returned from West Ham?
Thmsjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
Vapourise

Send a message via MSN to Vapourise

Vapourise's Gamercard
started career mode with blackpool, pretty solid sqaud and good on the wings with tom ince and matty phillips, but ince moved to qpr cos he was unhappy and had no choice , so brought in so knew good wingers, wellington silva, raheem sterling and benjamin totori, all three are good, underated, young and can play either side and because iv been doing soo good with blackpool, got an international managers job at bulgaria at same time :P

30k - 28 / 10 / 2008
25k - 17/ 08 / 2008
20k - 1 / 08 / 2008
15k - 26 / 06 / 2008
10k - 9 / 06 / 2008

>> I Quit Achievement Hunting <<
Vapourise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Meilutis

I started a career mode with Arsenal , but I don't know who should I buy for the RM position. Gaitan or Shaqiri ?
Meilutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #10
bhsfifa45

muscledsutumn5's Gamercard
I started my career mod with qpr and Adel taarabt got upto 82 in 9 games that's +4 and hoilett got upto 81.
bhsfifa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
Nykstukas

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and joined up when I discovered this discussion going when looking for transfer suggestions for season mode. I only started playing FIFA about 3 months ago, but have put about 5 seasons into FIFA 12 on Professional. I've made the step up to World Class now.

I've taken charge of Brentford as they are currently my local team, but am languishing 2nd from bottom as I am finding World Class tough going. I'm still enjoying it mind...

After reading this thread I opted to bring in Bassam (GK) and Ali (winger) on free transfers and they have fitted into the starting line up. I only had about .5M transfer funds, but also brought in two of favourite players - Marvell Wynne and Arvydas Novikovas. The former for his pace and defensive abilities (I use him in the Makakele position), the latter because he's a pacy CF from Lithuania (where my wife is from). He was sadly crap in FIFA 12, but turns out to be half decent in FIFA 13 and is already one of my best players.
Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
Rocco580

I started a career mode with Arsenal , but I don't know who should I buy for the RM position. Gaitan or Shaqiri ?
Rocco580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
Immotommi

Go for shaqiri. I'm playin bayern munich which is his club and is a rotation player to start with so you may be able to get him cheaper but I'm playing him in the first team and after one season he has 98 acceleration 92 sprint speed 90 agility 85 stamina and 90+ dribbling
Immotommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
bhsfifa45

muscledsutumn5's Gamercard
Question

I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.
bhsfifa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsfifa45 View Post
I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.
I might be wrong but I think fifafanatic only shows players with a potential of 75 and over, hence his potential might be lower than 75. Additionally, if he is a player who does not have a face on his information (i.e. a black shadow) he could very well be one of the scouted/youth academy players, hence his information wouldn't be on the database as he is not a real player.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
MikeCorruption

MikeCorruption's Gamercard
Best players ive bought were

Loic Remy for £13, he is my top scorer and just scores for fun
Leandro from Gremio, cost me £4.7, he is only 19 and is just as good as Neymar but cheaper

MikeCorruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
lukele87

Talking Help with players to buy?

Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke
lukele87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #18
sensacion7

sensacion7's Gamercard
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.
sensacion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensacion7 View Post
Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukele87 View Post
Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke
Welcome to the x360a Fourms, sensacion7 and lukele87.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sensacion7, I like your recommendation of Leonardo Taurino because he is one of the Players with the highest amount of growth Potential in the whole of FIFA 13's Career Mode.

Here are some more Players with big growth Potential who I signed for very little money at the start of my Sheffield United Career Mode:

Selected Players In - 1st Transfer Window of Season One:
Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)
Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)
Scott Fraser - 80k from Dundee United (SPL)

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Up to January 2013 of Season One)

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52
Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lukele87, as for the suggestions on Players you should Sign for your Career Mode with Blackpool I can highly recommend any of the Players given in my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode Updates:

The latest Player Growth Update compiled at the End of Season 2 can be found here: (Here)

Depending on your Budget you may be able to spend a little more on Players with slighty Higher Potential below:

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth

Potential 88 Players
Gabriel - CDM/CM - Pro Vercelli - Age:18 - SA: 66 - P:88 - PG:+22
Leali - GK - Virtus Lanciano - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17
Masi - CB - Pro Vercelli - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17
Pogba - CDM - Juventus - Age:19 - SA:72 - P:88 - PG:+16

Potential 87 Players
Bouy - CAM - Brescia - Age:19 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20
Fischer - LW/CAM - Ajax - Age:18 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20

There are plenty more Players with High Potential, but these Players start the Game by being rated at a relatively low Attribute levels, so they may be able to be Signed for bargain Fee's.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
sensacion7

sensacion7's Gamercard
Im gonna experiment with Leonardo Taurino to see if he can't over peak with some good performances.
sensacion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
I've been very busy lately, however I've managed to complete a season of my new Villarreal career and start up the new season.

Normally in careers I win every game, but this can become quite boring and hence, after a perfect first season (largely simmed as I only really valued it as a squad building season), I'm going to push myself and play the second season on World Class, a difficulty I've never played before.

I debated playing on Professional but I was concerned, after a comfy win against Inter in pre-season, that even on Pro I could probably win the majority of games and win the league - not really what I want. Problem is that I'm really sloppy on World Class, but I'm hoping that at the very least the season of playing above my ability will vastly increase how good I am!

Anyway, here's my team just after the summer transfer window has finished:

Butland (Birmingham City) - 1.6m euros - now valued 4.4m euros - 74

Montoya (Barcelona) - 6m euros plus reserve striker (value 300k) - now valued 8m euros - 78
Musacchio - now valued 8m euros - 79
Nastasic (Man City) - 10m euros - recent acquisition - 78
Daprela (Brescia) - 1.4m euros - now valued 3.6m euros - 76

Pogba (Juventus) - 13m euros - recent acquisition - 78
Obi (Inter) - swap (Bruno) - recent acquisition - 78
Falque (Spurs) - 7m euros (originally had a loan buy out of 7.2m which Spurs blocked) - recent acquisition - 78

Suso (Liverpool) - swap (Cani) - now valued 6m euros - 75
Pacheco (Liverpool) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 76
Zaha (Crystal Palace) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 75

Subs:
Gaspar - 73
Lejeune - 73
Ozdoev (Lokomotiv) - 72
Perez - 74
Leitner (Dortmund) - 75
Bille - 72
Piazon - 72

I haven't had chance to play many games, however my stars of last season were Pacheco, Butland, Pogba and Daprela. I also had Deulofeu (Barcelona B) who I very highly recommend. Suso and Deulofeu worked really well as wingers of a front three as they were a left footer on the right and vice versa, hence they did well cutting inside and getting goals. I wanted to keep him but I got a 8 million euro bid from PSG (he was valued 6 million). I counter offered 15 million, because obviously if I got that much I could get a quality replacement, and PSG accepted the proposal.

I wanted Labyad (Sporting Lisbon) on the left wing, however I had spent a lot of money bringing in players who did well on loan last season (Pogba, Falque, Pacheco) and a new face (Nastasic) and these cost more than I'd expected, hence Zaha was the cheaper alternative. I'm now absolutely skint!

In terms of tips, I would suggest offering straight swaps for younger players by offering your older players up in alternative. I got two really good swap deals:
Cani (30+ y.o. RM, rated 76, valued 2.2m euros) for Suso (~20 y.o. RW, rated 71, valued 3m euros)
and
Bruno (29 y.o. CDM, rated 82, valued 8m euros) for Obi (~20 y.o. CM, rated 78, valued 11m euros).

My season so far has been up and down, my first game on World Class was a 1-1 draw in a friendly vs. Frieburg, which I should have won but they scored a free kick to keep it level. I then got soundly beaten 4-0 over two legs against Barcelona in the Super Cup. The league has started okay(ish), with a win (Mallorca home), two draws (Malaga away, someone else at home) and one loss (Zaragoza away). I'm in about midtable at the minute and unfortunately the board want me to qualify for the Euro League. This is certainly achievable with the squad I have, however I will have to improve quickly!

Addition: You might wonder why I sold Rossi - I really wanted to get the money to build a more balanced team and the money has certainly helped buy some of the young, high potential players I have, whereas Rossi was being outplayed by Pacheco and wasn't growing either.

I do have a save file from the back end of last season, however I am currently (meant to be) working and am away from the xbox. When I go back to it later I will either update or add a new post with growths.

Last edited by Samao14; 10-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
Nykstukas

After narrowly avoiding relegation with Brentford on World Class, and yes, that did involve playing one particular match against MKDons 10 times ;-), my 2nd season save file seems to have issues, with my first competitive kick off marred by the fact that the ball disappeared and my players were chasing an invisible ball.

In addition, Brentford have such little funds that my intention to play a similar way to Boomerang Cat is not possible.

I may well take a punton Cardiff in the Championship and hope that the funds available make a bit of a difference, and of course that my ball doesn't vanish.

I'll definitely try and straight swap for some of the 88 and 87 potential players mentioned above!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
lukele87

Thanks for your help Boomerang Cat. I will post how my players are developing throughout the season at a later date... I have recently added Leandro on loan from Gremio who I used in Fifa 12 and grows to the mid 80's as I recall and have bought Connor Wickham from Sunderland so have a strong front line at the moment. I like the look of the Pro Vercelli youngsters so will try and sell a few more players to fund their purchases in January.
lukele87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
Nykstukas

So following the issues I was having with my save file with Brentford I thought I'd change tack and try something different. I was struggling with Brentford's lack of funds and ended up with a small squad with not many rotation options.

To up the enjoyment I've opted to manage Monaco who have a healthy transfer budget and 9 players that have the potential to get up to at least 75.

I pursued many of the players identified earlier in the thread and for the first time ever have two starting 11s, which still seems excessive to me. Sadly I've already been knocked out of one of the cup competitions, so I may struggle to keep everyone happy.

On the plus side, I am improving no end, and am only 4 points off the top in the league. I am also extremely happy with my first team, which has an average potential of 81. I also managed to snag Fischer who will go up to 87!

Barkroth 80
Lumu 82
Piazon 85
Fischer 87
Ocampos 82
Ndinga 78
L. Benito 80
Rogne 82
Putsko 80
Wynne 66
Cragno 85

I'll post again at the end of the season to show what these players started off on and how they are progressing. I'll also show my 2nd 11 and let you know how these guys get on. They have an average of 77.

Just a quick note on Wynne. He apparently has a potential rating of 66 overall, however I got him to 68 in my first season with Brentford, so that seems off. He is incredibly fast and chipped in with two goals on the first day of the season. Him, Novikovas and Johnny Russell feature in all my FIFA teams at some point...
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
Slyfoxxuk

Slyfoxx1990's Gamercard
Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:
ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.
CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.
RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:
CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.
CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.
ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:
In team:
To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:
ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.
CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential
LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential
CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential
CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential
RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential
CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm
LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)
RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential
ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential
(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly

Hope this is of some interest

Last edited by Slyfoxxuk; 10-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Slyfoxxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfoxxuk View Post
Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:
ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.
CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.
RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:
CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.
CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.
ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:
In team:
To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:
ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.
CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential
LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential
CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential
CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential
RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential
CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm
LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)
RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential
ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential
(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly

Hope this is of some interest
Welcome to x360a Slyfoxxuk, your Career Mode experiences make for good reading and I look forward to further Updates.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
tonymoore78

LifeIsABeach78's Gamercard
A good bargain is Raheem Sterling of Liverpool. Overall is 69 in the beginning but it rises well.
If you want a profitable striker then buy Luis Muriel, bought him in the Summer transfer window for £13 million. Real Madrid offered £25 million in January!
tonymoore78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #28
looneyfreeman

LooneyFreeman's Gamercard
leandro from gremio young brazillian striker his stamina does start a bit low but its over 70, his overall 88 he 24 complete forward must have
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #29
BenA3394

BenA3394's Gamercard
I am playing as napoli third season

BARGAIN: EMENIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I BROUGHT HIM BEFORE KSI DID THE VIDEO ON HIM) 13.5 Million at rated 81 at the end of the 3rd season he was rated 88 and i sold him for 66 million to barca

AGUERO!! 39 million, he is now up to rated 93 with 96 finishing

youngsters: INSIGNE 86
VARGAS 85 BOTH PACEY
LUCAS PIAZON (81) i love him in real life so i brought him

VERATTI (84)

OSCAR (87)

VARANE (83)

SAKHO i got at the end of the first season for 5.5 mill now (88)

ZOUMA (any FM players will know of him) 81 and fairly pacey

KALAS (vitese - but IRL he is on loan from chelsea ) pacey CB now 79
BenA3394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #30
Jacko7

Monkeyspunky's Gamercard
Fulham Manager Career

Fulham in Manager Career on World Class

Had a big clear out straight away but kept Dimitar Berbatov as main attacking threat. Didn't have much money, brought in a good scout and stuck with most of my starting squad for first chunk of the season. Only 2 worthwhile signings were Wellington Nem and Raheem Sterling. Signed Paul Pogba on a season loan from Juve too.

Signed Ben Arfa, Kyle Walker and Emenike in January with some trades and money and they helped me finish 4th in first season and win the League Cup.

Signed El Shaarawy, Lass, Fischer, Forrest, Gary Gardner, David Alaba, Paul Pogba on a permanent contract, Ogbonna and Akinfeev in the Summer.

Just finished the January window of 2014 and only 2 deal done was a straight swap for Stevan Jovetic for Emenike and Ben Arfa for Lucas Moura. Emenike was an absolute beast and figured he'd pretty much peaked when I let him go as was on an 84 overall and Jovetic was an 85 with room to grow. Ben Arfa was also an 84 but Lucas an 83 at 21 years old. Only paid £8.5m + an unknown player. Thought good business in both deals but massively missing Emenike. Jovetic just not doing the business for me unfortunately!

Current Starting 11 and ratings

Akinfeev 88

Walker 83
Hangelaand 81
Ogbonna 84
Alaba 79

Pogba 80
Gardner 76
Lucas 83
Wellington Nem 83

El Shaarawy 82
Jovetic 86

Notable subs/reserves/loaned and ratings

Sterling 78
Forrest 78
Lass 75
Boakye 77
Vorsah 77

Currently sat 2nd in league, in all domestic cups and just drawn 1-1 with Inter in first leg of last 16 in Europe.

Wish I hadn't done the Emenike deal at the moment, going to try and get him back in the summer! He was way top scorer and seemed pretty much unplayable in every match. Definitely the best player I've used in career but Wellington Nem is pretty special too - no one can catch him!
Jacko7 is offline   Reply With Quote