PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > 007 Legends
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Walecs360
 
Walecs360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 553

walecs360's Gamercard
007 Legends Review (before release)

Note that I perfectly know the game's unreleased yet, so what I write might be not correct.

I'm writing this to say people here are complaining about the wrong things. The game IS bad, but not because of the graphics of for the lack of Sean Connery in Live and Let Die.

First of all, the story. Bond gets accidentaly shot by Eve, and has some flashbacks about some old mission of his.
Now, I don't know how this got managed and how much canon the game is, but I'd like to refresh your mind.
In this continuity, Bond became a 00 in 2006, and since that year until today (Skyfall), there's an empty six years gap, in which maybe he lived the GoldenEye and Blood Stone missions.
But the flashback missions in 007 Legends, when did they happen? In this gap?
Wouldn't it make more sense if these missions were simply shown without the flashback thing (which is terrible and overused) and there was a reason to show them? For example Silva is the big bad behind the Moonraker, OHMSS etc.?

We finally manage to play. The gameplay, if similar to GoldenEye Reloaded, will be very bad. All you'll do will be kill people and going on, with no backtracking, exploration or additional and various objectives, like in GoldenEye 64 and Perfect Dark. You will be able to carry only two weapons, and no gadgets at all. And why does the health regenerates? If you get shot, your health doesn't simply regenerate after 3 seconds, and you're back in action, that way nobody would die.

The movies. This all depends on personal choice, so it's hard to argue.
We have: Moonraker (which I found terrible), OHMSS, Licence To Kill, Die Another Day (three of my favourite), Goldfinger (which again I find horrible, can't figure why).

The soundtrack. This is hard to argue, again, as the soundtrack was unreleased yet. But I think we can all agree that they're exagerating by putting the same music in 10 different trailers, and that Reloaded had the worst soundtrack ever heard in a Bond videogame, and the only Bond theme rendition (at the end of Frigate) was the worst in the last 60 years (yes, even 50s'
and Dum Di di Dum Dum were better).

The Bond actor. If you have played GoldenEye Reloaded you know you'll see Bond's face for a total of 5 minutes during the whole game, because the cutscenes are all in first person view (and this is another thing to hate), so stop saying you'd rather play as Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan! Craig is my second least favourite Bond after Moore, but I accept the fact he's the actor because you never see him in face.

The graphics. So, are you really complaining about graphics? They're the least important thing in a game. GoldenEye 64 has very bad graphics compared to today's games, and still is the best FPS ever made.

Achievements. Online achievements are bad as well, for the simple fact it's impossible to find anyone online.



Summary to lazy people: You're complaining about the wrong things.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Iceskater101
 
Iceskater101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,405

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post

The movies. This all depends on personal choice, so it's hard to argue.
We have: Moonraker (which I found terrible), OHMSS, Licence To Kill, Die Another Day (three of my favourite), Goldfinger (which again I find horrible, can't figure why).

The Bond actor. If you have played GoldenEye Reloaded you know you'll see Bond's face for a total of 5 minutes during the whole game, because the cutscenes are all in first person view (and this is another thing to hate), so stop saying you'd rather play as Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan! Craig is my second least favourite Bond after Moore, but I accept the fact he's the actor because you never see him in face.

The graphics. So, are you really complaining about graphics? They're the least important thing in a game. GoldenEye 64 has very bad graphics compared to today's games, and still is the best FPS ever made.

Achievements. Online achievements are bad as well, for the simple fact it's impossible to find anyone online.

Summary to lazy people: You're complaining about the wrong things.
I agree with the movie choice. I don't think Goldfinger has a lot of substantial to have its own level and that other movies would make better video game levels. I also agree that we shouldn't complain about the bond character because really who cares. I think graphics are extremely important in video games and that is where I disagree with you. I think because of todays games that the graphics have become way better than what they used to be, we as gamers expect more out of a game. Therefore when we see the graphics of 007 Legends we are disappointed because it could have been done so much better. At least that is why I am complaining about the graphics. I think that the last statement you made about lazy people and such is really poorly stated. I think it is just your opinion that we are complaining about the wrong things. I think graphics are extremely important in games and I think the graphics here are not as good as what they could have been.
__________________

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Walecs360
 
Walecs360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 553

walecs360's Gamercard
I'm glad you read it. Of course, graphics do matter, but I think there are more important things.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
bLaKgRaVy
 
bLaKgRaVy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Coast, USA "Requiescat in Pace"
Posts: 2,646

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
Note that I perfectly know the game's unreleased yet, so what I write might be not correct.

I'm writing this to say people here are complaining about the wrong things. The game IS bad, but not because of the graphics of for the lack of Sean Connery in Live and Let Die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
Achievements. Online achievements are bad as well, for the simple fact it's impossible to find anyone online.
I thought it was Roger Moore that was in Live and Let Die...

Impossible to find anyone? Obviously you've never been part of a boosting session on Trueachievements. There are TONS of people wanting to unlock online achievements. Just have to look harder.

I guess I figured these inaccuracies would come from someone who actually liked the level builder in the Lego games...

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 09-28-2012 at 05:38 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Walecs360
 
Walecs360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 553

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
I thought it was Roger Moore that was in Live and Let Die...

Impossible to find anyone? Obviously you've never been part of a boosting session on Trueachievements. There are TONS of people wanting to unlock online achievements. Just have to look harder.

I guess I figured these inaccuracies would come from someone who actually liked the level builder in the Lego games...
Yeah, but people tend to prefer Sean Connery to Craig, and they always say that they would like to have Live and Let Die in the game :P

When people buy a game, they don't expect to boost it. Also, some (not me) don't even consider boosting legit.

I liked the level builder because I like to create levels, but I'm the first to say it has a lot of flaws.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Bones007
 
Bones007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 102

DryBones007's Gamercard
Who made you an expert?

Bro, you really ought to have someone proofread your stuff before you post it. How can anyone take you seriously if your opinions are expressed with more grammatical errors than 007 plot holes?
Bones007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #7
Gazzy Mill Mill
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Huddersfield
Posts: 5
Send a message via MSN to Gazzy Mill Mill Send a message via Skype™ to Gazzy Mill Mill

gazzy mill mill's Gamercard
good point dude
Gazzy Mill Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
Shadow Austin 317
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 61

Shadow Austin's Gamercard
Not trying to be mean but you post so much on this game and a huge bond fan you've got key info wrong plus you also stated you aren't getting the game on release. Now I understand $60 can be a lot but if your a big enough fan you could save the money or I can understand if you think the game is going to be bad but like I said you seem like a huge fun.
Shadow Austin 317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Walecs360
 
Walecs360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 553

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones007 View Post
Bro, you really ought to have someone proofread your stuff before you post it. How can anyone take you seriously if your opinions are expressed with more grammatical errors than 007 plot holes?
I'm not english. -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Austin 317 View Post
Not trying to be mean but you post so much on this game and a huge bond fan you've got key info wrong plus you also stated you aren't getting the game on release. Now I understand $60 can be a lot but if your a big enough fan you could save the money or I can understand if you think the game is going to be bad but like I said you seem like a huge fun.
As a Bond fan I'm very interested in the game, but I wish it was better.
Anyway, this post was meant more to say that people are complaining about the wrong things.

Last edited by Walecs360; 10-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Howling Mad Rik
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69

Howling Mad Rik's Gamercard
I think we should have more reviews of games we haven't played then translate them via google
Howling Mad Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
LeHah
 
LeHah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 27

LeHah's Gamercard
Either the OP is the dumbest opinion I've read in weeks or the worst attempt at humor made in years. Either way, I have to take it with a pillar of salt.
LeHah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
cjdavies
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wales
Posts: 2,136

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
I'm writing this to say people here are complaining about the wrong things. The game IS bad, but not because of the graphics of for the lack of Sean Connery in Live and Let Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
Yeah, but people tend to prefer Sean Connery to Craig, and they always say that they would like to have Live and Let Die in the game :P
Connery did not play Bond in Live and Let Die.



Moonraker - Moore
On Her Majesty's Secret Service -Lazenby
Licence To Kill - Dalton
Die Another Day - Brosnan
Goldfinger - Connery
Sky Fall (DLC) - Craig

Ties in well with the title and the 50th Anniversary this year. I am definitely buying the game, I think even though I have seen them all I will rent them off Lovefilm for quick re-cap before playing the game.
__________________

Last edited by cjdavies; 10-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 PM.