Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread

Solution

F8L Fool at our sister site PS3Trophies.org has found a method to find Jimmy Jenkins

-> How To Find Jimmy Jenkins

*Clueless* EDITED

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Found the little bugger, same spot mentioned in Opportunity, Took approx 20 mins as i just found out about this spot
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
Found the little bugger, same spot mentioned in Opportunity, Took approx 20 mins as i just found out about this spot
Damn, i'm going on 2 hours now
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
LykanLunatik

LykanLunatik's Gamercard
I just got 2 loot loaders at once...come on gearbox....
LykanLunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Im not getting a single dude in the past 2o or so loads
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
So I guess my thread wasn't useless huh :P
literally lmao, i guess not, i was farming heros pass for almost 3 hrs today and just kept getting normal loot robots, prob spent 2-3 hrs yesterday farming wildlife preserve
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
09rubyr

xXJUST4LOLZXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
Where did u find him in opportunity???
09rubyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
NocturneManiac

ChronoAssassin's Gamercard
Question about Creature Dome DLC requirements. Does the person who has the DLC need to also be the one who still has the quest active & be the host? Or can I, without the DLC & host, walk through to the DLC area and the continue to respawn there after saving/quitting?

I'm curious to know if I can just simply have someone with the DLC be willing to get me to this point so that I can farm alone and let them get back to whatever they wish to do, unless they also need him. Just wondering if after I quit & save there, kicking out that other person, if I will still be able to use it or will they always have to join me before I hit Continue?

NocturneManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
McKillaboy

McKillaboy01's Gamercard
After 8 hours of unsuccessful farming I'm starting to lose it lol
Anyone willing to help a brother out? I got a level 50 conference call for who's interested. xboxlive account is mckillaboy01

edit, nevermind, got him

Last edited by McKillaboy; 10-26-2012 at 09:04 PM.
McKillaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
M1LESEE

Link Trz's Gamercard
Where I found him.

M1LESEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
sunhaha

THX a lot. I'm looking for it
sunhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #12
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Jimmy Jenkins Solution

I think i've finally nailed the strategy to quickly get him, especially if you're having trouble and getting tired of farming Opportunity, Hero's Pass, etc.

What I did was start the campaign on my mules profile and bring in my Level 50, because I already have passed the Wildlife Preserve in my TVHM Playthrough (You could just do this in your TVHM playthrough as well without another profile). I ran him through the story until Chapter 11 which unlocks the Wildlife Preserve and it's missions. What you're going to want to do is talk to Tannis before setting off because she is the key to do this, she will give you a quest which will ask you to get 4 Skag ECHO's in Wildlife. Now that you've done that you're going to want to fight through everything until you get to those 4 cardboard boxes before Bloodwing's cage. Open up the big chest, then one by one(not quickly) open the boxes(Does not matter which profile opens the boxes). Doing this I always got 4 Loot Midgets/Loaders everytime. So if that does happen to you just Save&Quit and reload and repeat.This only took me two times, and the time I did get him I got him twice. Playing through the story and running through this twice only took me 2hrs tops, it's really not that long. I hoped this help and Good Luck~

Side Note: When doing your runs, never ever pick up the ECHO in the box, this will indefinitely ruin your chance of getting him. That is the only thing keeping him in that area.

EDIT: This isn't fullproof, some people have told me that this hasn't worked for them but most have told me that it does, take it as you will. Also, if for some reason the Annex is open to you during this mission I advise using that point for the reload as it will be easier to get back to the boxes. All you have to do is enter the Annex then go back into the Preserve once and everytime you Save&Quit and Reload you'll always be just outside the Annex.

Last edited by GuidoNGR; 10-01-2012 at 02:16 AM.
GuidoNGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #13
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
I think i've finally nailed the strategy to quickly get him, especially if you're having trouble and getting tired of farming Opportunity, Hero's Pass, etc.

What I did was start the campaign on my mules profile and bring in my Level 50, because I already have passed the Wildlife Preserve in my TVHM Playthrough. I ran him through the story until Chapter 11 which unlocks the Wildlife Preserve and it's missions. What you're going to want to do is talk to Tannis before setting off because she is the key to do this, she will give you a quest which will ask you to get 4 Skag ECHO's in Wildlife. Now that you've done that you're going to want to fight through everything until you get to those 4 cardboard boxes before Bloodwing's cage. Open up the big chest, then one by one(not quickly) open the boxes. Doing this I always got 4 Loot Midgets/Loaders everytime. So if that does happen to you just Save&Quit and reload and repeat. This only took me two times, and the time I did get him I got him twice. Playing through the story and running through this twice only took me 2hrs tops, it's really not that long. I hoped this help and Good Luck~
this^

i did this exactly... except on my tvh mode.... it worked on the second try and i got two jimmy jenkins, so i let my friend come in and kill him.

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Thx for sharing, this info will be quite useful to everyone
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #15
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I finally found the little bastard today in the Wildlife Explotation area, but i still need 750 Shotgun kills to finish Challenge Accepted. I hate these luck based Achievements. Still need to find a Chubby!
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
Still need to find a Chubby!
You're preaching to the choir sir. I still need one too.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #17
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
I finally found the little bastard today in the Wildlife Explotation area, but i still need 750 Shotgun kills to finish Challenge Accepted. I hate these luck based Achievements. Still need to find a Chubby!
Yeah the shotgun kills can be time consuming, I just helped my friends when they needed help with Slaughterhouses. That helped a bunch with speeding up the process.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
Ciel Nuit

Ciel Nuit's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah. That was my last challenge as well. I suggest loading up your first playthrough and then head on over to the Bloodshot Stronghold/Ramparts and/or Southpaw Steam & Power. You can get at least 100 kills from going to those areas. Then save and quit and do it all over again. They're all one hit kill, so it'll be very easy, just time consuming.

Well, if you're still on the first playthough then wait until you're a higher level I suppose.

Last edited by Ciel Nuit; 09-30-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Ciel Nuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #19
gypsydman818

gypsydman818's Gamercard
Still cant find him im 100% certain that im doing this right but the bastard just won't jump. If anyone else finds him repeatedly and doesnt mind me jumping into your game to kill him ill give you all the legendary weapons i have (about 30+ level 50 guns/shields/mods/grenades) Including the legendary assassin and legendary Commando mod which you get for killing vermivorous or however you spell it . If you are on and you find him message me GT: gypsydman818
gypsydman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
lid

liddd's Gamercard
Quote:

What I did was start the campaign on my mules profile and bring in my Level 50, because I already have passed the Wildlife Preserve in my TVHM Playthrough (You could just do this in your TVHM playthrough as well without another profile). I ran him through the story until Chapter 11 which unlocks the Wildlife Preserve and it's missions. What you're going to want to do is talk to Tannis before setting off because she is the key to do this, she will give you a quest which will ask you to get 4 Skag ECHO's in Wildlife. Now that you've done that you're going to want to fight through everything until you get to those 4 cardboard boxes before Bloodwing's cage. Open up the big chest, then one by one(not quickly) open the boxes(Does not matter which profile opens the boxes). Doing this I always got 4 Loot Midgets/Loaders everytime. So if that does happen to you just Save&Quit and reload and repeat.This only took me two times, and the time I did get him I got him twice. Playing through the story and running through this twice only took me 2hrs tops, it's really not that long. I hoped this help and Good Luck~

Side Note: When doing your runs, never ever pick up the ECHO in the box, this will indefinitely ruin your chance of getting him. That is the only thing keeping him in that area.
Nothing comes out of the boxes every time I do this. Have the quest active, didnt pick up the echo in the box. waste of time.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #21
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lid View Post
Nothing comes out of the boxes every time I do this. Have the quest active, didnt pick up the echo in the box. waste of time.
Is the Wildlife Preserve Mission and Tannis' Skag Mission open? also, when you go to the four boxes is there a blue beam coming out of the second to last box?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
lid

liddd's Gamercard
Quote:
Is the Wildlife Preserve Mission and Tannis' Skag Mission open? also, when you go to the four boxes is there a blue beam coming out of the second to last box?
I ran a second account trhrough the whole game till that point. Im on his game, I have both quests active and the diary is still in the box. I open the loot chest first and then the boxes one by one. Ive done it 20 times now and havent seen a single thing. No loot midgets loaders or anything.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #23
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lid View Post
I ran a second account trhrough the whole game till that point. Im on his game, I have both quests active and the diary is still in the box. I open the loot chest first and then the boxes one by one. Ive done it 20 times now and havent seen a single thing. No loot midgets loaders or anything.
Have you tried switching accounts maybe to open the boxes, though it shouldn't matter but you could always try.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #24
Silverstean

TastelessTazer's Gamercard
Secret To Jimmy Jenkins

Incase this was not yet reported or people are still trying to grind for J.Jenkins, the best time to get him/farm for him is actually during the Main Story Questline in Wildlife Reservation Preserve. Any other time is not only wasteful, but a lot more random. If you already passed it, my best advice is wait till you're on your second playthrough or join a friends game who is on this mission. After defeating a badass stalker followed by a badass loader, you will be in the holding pens. You should notice the pens are closed with the orange glass-like walls. In this area, before bloodwing's pen, you will notice a garage like cutout with a bunch of cardboard boxes, a treasure chest, a few lockers, and possibly some slag canisters for the side mission. The 4 cardboard boxes on the ground almost 100% always spawn some sort of mini loot creature *BUT ONLY DURING THE MAIN QUEST*. So if you open all 4 and no J.Jenkins, go no further, save and quit, and rerun again and again until you get him. To make it easier, those of you that have the Wildlife Reserve Annex(Beast Circle of Slaughter) pre-order, run from start and enter Annex. Then leave and continue farming for J. Jenkins. The game counts this doorway as a spawn point so every time you save and quit, it will spawn you outside the annex, which is about halfway for this run so it saves an incredible amount of time. After spending days grinding on my assassin in both opportunity and wildlife reserve both resulting in nothing, i started on a gunzerker and got J.Jenkins first run in wildlife. I remember when running my assassin through here, during the quest i got about 3 various loot midgets. To test this theory i restarted again on a commando, and actually used the above method for about 5 runs until jimmy jenkins spawned. Each run i got 3-4 loot midgets from only the 4 cardboard boxes, so in total i went through about 15-20 loot midgets until jenkins spawned. Much easier than the old way of grinding.
Silverstean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #25
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstean View Post
Incase this was not yet reported....
Come on......you can't possibly be that oblivious.........can you?
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #26
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Did you even LOOK at the front page.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
New and exciting way to find Jimmy that's never been mentioned before!
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #28
AngryBearTony

AngryBearTony's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
New and exciting way to find Jimmy that's never been mentioned before!
I was floored. The idea was inconceivable!

AngryBearTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #29
Eddyknoxville

Homero Larios's Gamercard
???

Do you have a guide?
Eddyknoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 AM   #30
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstean View Post
Incase this was not yet reported or people are still trying to grind for J.Jenkins, the best time to get him/farm for him is actually during the Main Story Questline in Wildlife Reservation Preserve. Any other time is not only wasteful, but a lot more random. If you already passed it, my best advice is wait till you're on your second playthrough or join a friends game who is on this mission. After defeating a badass stalker followed by a badass loader, you will be in the holding pens. You should notice the pens are closed with the orange glass-like walls. In this area, before bloodwing's pen, you will notice a garage like cutout with a bunch of cardboard boxes, a treasure chest, a few lockers, and possibly some slag canisters for the side mission. The 4 cardboard boxes on the ground almost 100% always spawn some sort of mini loot creature *BUT ONLY DURING THE MAIN QUEST*. So if you open all 4 and no J.Jenkins, go no further, save and quit, and rerun again and again until you get him. To make it easier, those of you that have the Wildlife Reserve Annex(Beast Circle of Slaughter) pre-order, run from start and enter Annex. Then leave and continue farming for J. Jenkins. The game counts this doorway as a spawn point so every time you save and quit, it will spawn you outside the annex, which is about halfway for this run so it saves an incredible amount of time. After spending days grinding on my assassin in both opportunity and wildlife reserve both resulting in nothing, i started on a gunzerker and got J.Jenkins first run in wildlife. I remember when running my assassin through here, during the quest i got about 3 various loot midgets. To test this theory i restarted again on a commando, and actually used the above method for about 5 runs until jimmy jenkins spawned. Each run i got 3-4 loot midgets from only the 4 cardboard boxes, so in total i went through about 15-20 loot midgets until jenkins spawned. Much easier than the old way of grinding.

wrong LOLOLOLOL its during Doctors Orders which is a side mission LOLOLOL

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote