yes it's a good idea 24 22.22%
don't care 17 15.74%
no it's a bad idea 67 62.04%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
freedomgeass

Assassiness7's Gamercard
what are your thoughts on multiplayer

I personalty be-leave that Dragon age is not a multiplayer style of game.

If they do somehow input multiplayer into this game and do give it online and give it online based Achievements i how they have the brains to follow in there own footsteps with Mass Effect 3 and give the Achievements a single player means of completion as well as the online method
Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I would love some multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I hate when they force multiplayer into games that don't need it. So I think it will suck even worse than Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. If it's there, so be it. Hopefully Bioware are smart enough to learn from their own screw ups and not make it mandatory for completion/endings. I really don't understand why it's so hard for EA to comprehend that people play RPGs for a single player, story-driven experience. Most of us don't give a flying fuck about playing with other people. I say EA and not Bioware since it's their fault. They have gone on record of saying that they are going to put multiplayer into all of the games they publish. Why are they doing that? You might ask.

It's very simple. They invented the Online Pass. They want to put this thing into every game in existence. They want to do that so that they can screw consumers out of an extra $10 later. It's a non-issue for me since I buy all of my games new anyway. But I hate when bullshit like this takes resources away from the focus of the game. Instead of wasting thousands of dollars making tacked on multiplayer that almost no one wants, they should put that money to use on making the story, characters, environments, and gameplay as amazing as possible.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC

Last edited by BloodGodAlucard; 10-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
sp11879

sp11879's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I hate when they force multiplayer into games that don't need it. So I think it will suck even worse than Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. If it's there, so be it. Hopefully Bioware are smart enough to learn from their own screw ups and not make it mandatory for completion/endings. I really don't understand why it's so hard for EA to comprehend that people play RPGs for a single player, story-driven experience. Most of us don't give a flying fuck about playing with other people. I say EA and not Bioware since it's their fault. They have gone on record of saying that they are going to put multiplayer into all of the games they publish. Why are they doing that? You might ask.

It's very simple. They invented the Online Pass. They want to put this thing into every game in existence. They want to do that so that they can screw consumers out of an extra $10 later. It's a non-issue for me since I buy all of my games new anyway. But I hate when bullshit like this takes resources away from the focus of the game. Instead of wasting thousands of dollars making tacked on multiplayer that almost no one wants, they should put that money to use on making the story, characters, environments, and gameplay as amazing as possible.

Couldn't have put it better myself, totally agree with you on this. very frustrating.
sp11879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
Aeterna Hope

Aeterna Hope's Gamercard
Nooooo Da shouldnt have mp
Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #6
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I do not want MP in my RPG games....Especially one the likes of Dragon Age.

If they do insert it, please do not have any cheevos tied to it.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I'm not interested in MP in RPGs. Give me a polished, story-driven single player experience instead, and spare me the drivel that 'adding MP doesn't take away from the SP'.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I think putting multiplayer in Dragon Age would be a horrible idea! They should leave the Dragon Age the way it already is, and that is single player only.
I don't mind when I dream, but I've been scalded by steam, but I try not to dream about you

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

as i explained in another thread... i not only think it is a terrible idea but dont really see how it is possible at all without major changes to the way the game works or it being a tacked on piece of shit that has nothing to do with the game
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
I'm not interested in MP in RPGs. Give me a polished, story-driven single player experience instead, and spare me the drivel that 'adding MP doesn't take away from the SP'.
Pretty much exactly how I feel as well. If they do add multiplayer to Dragon Age 3, I will still play it, but I'd prefer they didn't.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
The False Deity

the false deity's Gamercard
Id prefer for there not to be Mp in anyway at all but on the chance that there is as long as theres no achievs to it Ill live :l
The False Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Expectations can't possibly be lower than Dragon Age 2, but i wouldn't be surprised if this has some questionable decisions. I agree with what BloodGodAlucard says.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
Crims0nPenguin

Crims0n Penguin's Gamercard
If I want a Dragon Age Multiplayer i'd go sign up for an MMO. No I don't want MP in a single player game. For those that cry "oh innovation"/"Artisitic integrity" no its not that; its a cheap gimmick created for the purpose of establishing online passes.

If a development company wanted to sell multiplayer through the IP they'd do what Bethesda is doing, make a damn MMO and sell the game purely for multiplayer.
Crims0nPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims0nPenguin View Post
its a cheap gimmick created for the purpose of establishing online passes.
Except EA got rid of online passes. I thought everyone knew that.

And I have no issue with it, as long as they don't make it mandatory to play online to reach certain endings, like in ME3. Other than that, I loved the online in ME3, which gives me comfort that BioWare wouldn't add multiplayer to a game if they couldn't make it work.

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:36 AM   #15
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Agree 100%.
H0p3sfalL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #16
ConfederateSuga

Send a message via MSN to ConfederateSuga

Spiritual's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
So long as it doesn't detract from the overall product quality, I have no problem with there being multi-player. Let me iterate on that. I don't mind a co-op multiplayer mode. Competitive wouldn't work with Dragon Age, though.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 AM   #17
s4ms0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateSuga View Post
So long as it doesn't detract from the overall product quality, I have no problem with there being multi-player. Let me iterate on that. I don't mind a co-op multiplayer mode. Competitive wouldn't work with Dragon Age, though.
Agreed! I can see many ways competitive modes would kill the game
s4ms0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
carlgoadby

Naughty Carlos's Gamercard
Dragon Age Origins is my favourite game of all time and I agree that the Dragon age series is fine how it is...Bringing 100% effort to the single player games and making a awesome RPG

however change is not always bad...
I think dragon age 3 could benefit from co-op only multiplayer...
very similar to mass effect 3?
up to 4 players work together to beat waves of enemies?
rank up your character from various races and unlock hundreds of armor/weapons?

But leave the story single player
what do you guys think?

ps
sorry this post was rushed and I hadn't had time to spruce it up
carlgoadby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
No multiplayer. At all.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #20
II Mortis II

Mortis x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't really care... It'd be interesting to see how they include multiplayer, but I wouldn't be happy about them adding multiplayer achievements. If they do decide to include it, you won't have to play it if there aren't achievements.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Darker Hollow

Darker Hollow's Gamercard
Multiplayer would be more of a "testing ground" for BioWare. If the game does have it, I'm sure even the people against it will try regardlessly. I wouldn't mind the co-op in some side-stories.
Darker Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #22
BurntToast

BurntToast1971's Gamercard
I don't really mind multiplayer.. I mind multiplayer chevos
Old 07-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
rymajn

rymajn's Gamercard
I loved the ME3 multiplayer, so I'm interested to see what they can do with DA. As long as it doesn't impact the singleplayer negatively, I'm all for it.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #24
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
I'd kill them if they were going to put in Multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 MP was fun for some time, but only till you hit the wall because you never got the weapon "upgrades" you wanted/needed.

But Dragon Age is a whole different story, as it is so different compared to ME3. I mean seriously, it probably wasn't so hard to craft that MP Mode which is basically just the same enemies/levels/weapons that are in the main. Getting a decent MP out of DA would be much harder.

Last edited by Schreckofant; 08-07-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #25
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreckofant View Post
I'd kill them if they were going to put in Multiplayer.

Mass Effect 3 MP was fun for some time, but only till you hit the wall because you never got the weapon "upgrades" you wanted/needed.

But Dragon Age is a whole different story, as it is so different compared to ME3. I mean seriously, it probably wasn't so hard to craft that MP Mode which is basically just the same enemies/levels/weapons that are in the main. Getting a decent MP out of DA would be much harder.
No really...a simple co op would be fine. Let you play through the story with a friend...your friend doesn't even need to have any lines if they wanna take huge shortcuts. Not talkin a side co op mode I want full campaign co op. I want to play through rpg's with my bro or a friend...I don't always want to play solo.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #26
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
No really...a simple co op would be fine. Let you play through the story with a friend...your friend doesn't even need to have any lines if they wanna take huge shortcuts. Not talkin a side co op mode I want full campaign co op. I want to play through rpg's with my bro or a friend...I don't always want to play solo.
I want co-op with the adorable mute co-op partner! But seriously, Gauntlet had adventure/RPG co-op down ages ago.. I don't understand why that can't be mimicked, especially with the usual "Warrior has shot the food", so you can turn to your friend/say via live "You dumbass, stop shooting the food!"

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #27
Rajeanero

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
No, unless it's something cooperative like the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 or a Coop mode for the maingame.

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Co op for main game would be great. I hate when a game teases co op modes and it ends up just being some stand alone bore fest instead of letting me play through the entire game with my bro or a friend.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
R0KETM4N

R0KETM4N's Gamercard
co-op wouldn't be so bad, you could maybe just go around adventuring with a friend instead of one of your party members ... he can be in your game, to get some exp, but his story wont progress by doing your missions. Or, he can come over for split screen, and log into his account ... he doesn't even have to own the game, since all your games are now playable by him on your console

Maybe he could just take control of a party member, and it will remove the AI?

still don't like multiplayer though.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I would love some multiplayer.
Expand....do you mean similar to AC3 or ME3? I honestly can't see a Horde type mode working for this series. I think its a bad idea, but this is EA we are talking about. For them it makes business sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Co op for main game would be great. I hate when a game teases co op modes and it ends up just being some stand alone bore fest instead of letting me play through the entire game with my bro or a friend.
This would me amazing. Been asking for this for ever. Bungie did it with no issues, so imagine playing co-op campaign for this or Mass Effect.

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote