Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Very Good, and interesting News Good Sir.

Now lets hope Karen Traviss actually researched Halo Lore and Existing Canon before Butchering the series with her second book. . .

EDIT: Google says the next book is Called Halo: The Thursday War, and will release on October 2 of this year.

So that means we won't see Halo 4 until sometime after.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/03/tor...in-halo-series

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan

Last edited by ZingZitang; 03-16-2012 at 05:25 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
From the very first page, The Thursday War propels you into a universe on the brink of chaos,” says Frank O’Connor, Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries. “It will immerse you immediately and enthrallingly into the events and circumstances that will come to define the state of the Halo universe in Halo 4. I can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience the sequel to Glasslands.”
Nice!

I wonder with the end of Primordium - and this book - if we will see the Arbiter aid Halsey in any way. That would be an interesting dynamic. I can't help but think the political agenda of the Arbiter will be, somehow, tied to the fate of Halsey.

Especially if -- SPIOILERS:

343 Guilty spark is heading to find Halsey when he hijacks the UNSC ship at the end of Primordium. Is Halsey linked to the Librarian?

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
343 Guilty spark is heading to find Halsey when he hijacks the UNSC ship at the end of Primordium. Is Halsey linked to the Librarian?
Spark says he Knows where the Lifeshaper is, that doesn't necessarily mean Halsey is Carrying the LifeShaper's Memory.

Although I could see it happening.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

I've always held a deep-rooted suspicion that Dr. Halsey was someone influenced by the Geas in a similar sense as the Chief is related to Chakas. Her vast intellect and ability to manipulate Covenant, and therefore Forerunner, technology with ease has always made her place in the series questionable. Her foresight in the uses of this technology, the creation of the Spartans, and so on has always been spot on. Almost as if she knew how and why these things were as they are subconsciously.

I don't think Dr. Halsey is the Librarian in the sense that Guilty Spark is pursuing her, but I do think the Librarians influence is deeply responsible for the talent that Catherine possesses.

I'm still curious what the real name is for Vinnevra, however, and still find myself deeply curious as to her role in the whole thing. Given her close relationship to Chakas, I can't help but wonder if she herself is somehow carried on in somebody close to the Master Chief (Dr. Halsey???)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote