Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 AM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Before starting your game, check out the Road Map on the main site for the proper order of playing so as not to miss any achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-sonata/guide/

This guide is now complete! Huge thanks to Ray5555 on the forums here and Kiryn Silverwing on Gamefaqs.

Note #1: The game will REQUIRE two plays. Some of the musical scores are not available until the second play, and some of the side-quests are also not available until the second play. It's not a quick 1000, but it's also not a very hard 1000. The second play through you get to keep your Party Level (but not character level), your Score Pieces, and the Hero's Crest. However, enemies will have 2x health and 1.5x attack/defense, so getting as much as you can in the first play will make your second play easier and shorter.

Note #2: All of the "Party Level" and "Chapter" achievements unlock once you are back in control of your party. There are a lot of cinematics in this game, so you might go through 2-3 before the achievements actually unlock. These achievements can not be missed, unless stated otherwise.

Unlocked Party Level 2
Party Level 2 can now be selected. 10
This is unlocked by defeating the Forest Boar in Heaven's Mirror Forest.

Raindrops
Chapter 1 Raindrops has been completed. 10
This is unlocked by defeating the Ogre Champ in Agogo Village.

Unlocked Party Level 3
Party Level 3 can now be selected.10
This is unlocked by defeating the Killer Knight in Fort Fermata.

Revolution
Chapter 2 Revolution has been completed.10
This is unlocked by defeating Tuba on the Cabasa Bridge outside Fort Fermata.

Fantaisie-Impromptu
Chapter 3 Fantaisie-Impromptu has been completed.10
This is unlocked by defeating the Death Crow in the cemetary.

Grande Valse Brilliante
Chapter 4 Grande Valse Brilliante has been completed.10
This is unlocked by defeating Fugue outside of Agogo Village after passing through the Wah Lava Cave.

Unlocked Party Level 4
Party Level 4 can now be selected.10
This is unlocked at the same time as "Grande Vlase Billiante"

Nocturne
Chapter 5 Nocturne has been completed.10
This is unlocked by defeating Rondo in the Aria Temple.

Tristesse
Chapter 6 Tristesse has been completed.10
This is unlocked by defeating Waltz after passing through Mt. Rock.

Unlocked Party Level 5
Party Level 5 can now be selected.10
This is unlocked at the same time as "Tristesse"

Heroic
Chapter 7 Heroic has been completed.10
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Heaven's Mirror
Final Chapter Heaven's Mirror has been completed.10
This is unlocked at the same time as "Heroic"

Note #3: The following achievements can be done on your first play, so long as you do not go through the purple portal after killing the big dragon at the top of Reed Tower. If you go through and save after killing the final boss, you will have to do these in your second play.

Hero's Gate
The Hero's Gate has been opened.30
Immediately after defeating the big dragon, you get a "Hero's Crest" -- leave the tower and return to the Noise Dunes. Go east for four screens and you will hit an oasis with a big door. Use the crest to open this door and the achievement will unlock.

Unlocked Party Level 6
Party Level 6 can now be selected.20
This is unlocked by defeating the dragon on the first level of the Mysterious Union.

Rondo's Return
Rondo has been defeated in Unison.50
This is unlocked by defeating Rondo on level 11 of the Mysterious Union.

Claves's Resurrection
Unison has been completed and Claves has been resurrected.50
This is unlocked by collecting all seven soul shards in the Mysterious Union.
  1. Level 1 - From the entrance, go north to a 4-way stop. Go west, then auto-turn to the north. North again past the intersection (go west for a bow first). North, auto-turn east, then north at the intersection. In a chest in this area.
  2. Level 2 - From the entrance, go north, then west at the intersection and auto-turn south, auto-turn west, auto-turn south. East at the intersection, auto-turn south, auto-turn east. Stay east at the intersection and continue east again until you auto-turn north. West at the intersection, then north at the next intersection and auto-turn east, auto-turn north. A boss here holds this shard.
  3. Level 3 - [Good escription needed.]
  4. Level 6 - You need to buy this from the wisp at the first intersection for 99,999,999 gold. To get this amount, kill the black and orange guys on level 12. They drop three million every fight.
  5. Level 8 - [Good escription needed.]
  6. Level 11 - When you find your way to the teleporter that will take you to 12, you will fight Rondo, who has the shard. You will get an achievement for defeating her as well.
  7. Level 13 (Final) - The only thing here is a dragon boss who has the final shard. You must have the other six shards to fight him.
Grand Finale
Final Chapter Heaven's Mirror has been completed with all characters remaining.70
This is unlocked by finishing the game with Claves resurrected. She does not have to be in your party when you finish the game, just alive.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 12-18-2010 at 07:32 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
Pinworm45

Pinworm45's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for this. I ended up getting the strategy guide, and it's just confusing as hell. It didn't seperate the first playthough from the second, so it's been telling me all these score pieces are all over the place when they arn't.. wasted hours spamming A in so many areas.. This clears it up. I just KNOW I'm going to end up missing something or messing one up so I won't bother though, I don't think.

If I do, I'll attempt to get everything on the second playthough, and this will help a lot. Thanks
Pinworm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:18 AM   #3
graf1k

Send a message via AIM to graf1k

graf1k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gears of War Tournament Final Four
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quick question about the sheet music for anyone that knows. Say you pick them up out of order (i.e. you pick up #4 before #3) and then you pick up #3 later, does the game put them in the proper order in your inventory or in the order you pick them up? I'm just curious because I just got to Chapter 5 today and am missing a good portion of the music and I'm just curious if I should give up on the ones I missed this play through.

Last edited by graf1k; 09-21-2007 at 04:20 AM.
graf1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Good questions, Graf.. I think it will order them, but I have got them all in order, so I can't be sure. Maybe Kaens knows, he should be lurking around here somewhere...

Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
psincubus

score piece 20

I am trying to get score piece 20 in Baroque City Chapter 5. When I go to the wine cellar, the guy there says the same stuff he did earlier, and no option to start a fight. Is there something that needs to be done first? or is it possible this actually doesnt occur til chapter 6? help please!
psincubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Score Piece 20 can only be received by selecting the third option from him, which should start a fight with that pirate lady from before whose name I can't remember. After the fight that guy is gone and you can search the barrels.

I don't think you can do that fight unless you've fought her in the Wah Lava Cave though, so you might need to do that on your second play, because I'm not sure you can backtrack to that spot.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-21-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Houseplant

Houseplant's Gamercard
Does anyone happen to know how many EZI pieces there are total?

Houseplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

21, I'm working on them all. That post by Ray5555 has them all, but they don't have locations or anything. I edited his post with numbers to say what play you'll find them in.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #9
Houseplant

Houseplant's Gamercard
Pants do you know how many EZI pieces you can get on the first playthrough?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:03 AM   #10
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Well, I'm on Chapter 6 and I have eight so far. There might be a few more, I'll keep updating the list when I find something.

Edit: Just found my ninth one at the beginning of Chapter 7.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-22-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 AM   #11
Houseplant

Houseplant's Gamercard
I didn't want to make a new thread so I'll ask here....

What is Burst and what does it do?

EDiT: What chapter am I able to get Rainbow Ezi: Elegy of the moon shop, got to search for it. (1)?

Last edited by Houseplant; 09-22-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 AM   #12
armysoldier13

ArmySoldier13's Gamercard
Say I miss some score pieces and EZI's on my first play through. Will they still be there on the second playthrough?
armysoldier13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #13
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Houseplant, I updated the guide, that one is in Chapter 7. I got nine EZI items on my first play (finally finished tonight), so I'm assuming that's all you can get unless I missed something... I also don't remember anything called Burst.

army, everything will still be there the second go, you don't have to worry about missing anything. (Welcome to the site, by the way!)

Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 AM   #14
drno

Send a message via MSN to drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Map of Mysterious Unison (spoilers?)

I don't think there was a soul shard on the 5th floor
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

It may have been the fourth. I was writing the guide after I got everything and I could not retrace my steps correctly from Ray's description. I tried to write better ones, but that one I could not find again. I found a few empty chests, but I have no idea which one was the right one.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #16
MrNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drno View Post
I don't think there was a soul shard on the 5th floor
That's correct. From the 4th floor you have to teleport back to the 3rd floor, then back to another section in 4 before heading to 5.

There is a soul shard on 3rd floor, but you have to go to 4 first and double back for it. There isn't a shard on 5. There is a separate thread with a map for Mysterious Union, and it's incredibly helpful.
MrNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #17
Devtek

Devtek's Gamercard
I got one of the EZI items already on first play, you say they disappear on 2nd play through. Can you get them again though or are they lost forever dooming my 321 points?
Devtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #18
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Yeah, you can collect them again.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #19
UraMallas

UraMallas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Okay, so how do I get past level 7 please.

Also, what floors are the shards on.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:36 AM   #20
KingOfZer0

KingOfZer0's Gamercard
just want to know

was i supposed to free chord in the 1st playthrough and get his mothers charm. i want to know if i can do it in 2nd playthrough and still get the achievment.

KingOfZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #21
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Chord can only be freed during the 2nd playthrough.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
Alucrid

Alucrid's Gamercard
Is it possible to go back and get EZI photo once the teleporter has been unlocked? I didn't have Score Piece 20 when I was there.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:26 AM   #23
luna_blue

ok where in the noise dune could i find the person with the ezi chapel
luna_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
AlmightyBronco

AlmightyBronco's Gamercard
I am currently working on this game and noticed that your guide for the soul shard isnt fully complete. Heres one of the shard you are seekin a description for:

Level 3- From entrance its auto south, east a first intersection, auto south, auto west, auto east, then you will reach a teleport that takes you to level 4. Take this teleport. (Level 4) Follow path until first intersection and turn south (Go west first for a score piece), follow and you will reach another teleport which will take you back to level 3. Take this teleport. (Level 3 Prt 2) Follow path untill first intersection then turn north, soul shard is in this area. (Return to intersection and go west to progress)

There you go guys. I will get the other one your after soon, just gotta get it myself.

P.S. Im not sure but i think i was a little inconsistent with my directions but you shouldnt have a problem

Semper Fi MothaFarka
AlmightyBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #25
DrowningInMagots

DrowngInMagots's Gamercard
hey nice guide, got my 1000/1000 in just under 43 hours
DrowningInMagots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #26
Omega Supreme

Predaking GT's Gamercard
I am currently in the Unisol dungeon on the 10th floor. Active party is 81 (Allegretto, Viola en Jazz). Should I level more? I still have to get the 99.999.999 gold so Im gonna get 2/3 levels by getting that.

I think I got all items, score pieces and Ezi items which I can get in the first PT. Can I see somewhere which score pieces Ive collected? They only have a number in the guides...

I have some other questions about the achievements:

• Pirates' Treasure can only be collected in Encore?
  • Can I still get Soul Released?
  • Do I have to get all items for Xylophone's Treasure in 1 PT? If yes can I still do this now?
Thank You!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #27
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
  • Pirates' Treasure can only be collected in Encore?
  • Can I still get Soul Released?
  • Do I have to get all items for Xylophone's Treasure in 1 PT? If yes can I still do this now?
All of these are only available in Encore mode.

EDIT: For your other questions, I would level up at least to 86, if I remember correctly I fought him at level 87 with the same characters you are using and he was still tough. The only real way to check how many scores pieces you have is to count the ones you have and hope that what you have matches what you should have and that you collected them in the same order that the guide you are using did.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL

Last edited by exit9500; 12-18-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: answer questions that I didn't see before
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #28
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Might want to check the Road Map on the main site, it explains the order of everything a bit better. I'll put a link to it in the original posts on the forum here as well. We didn't really have road maps back when I first wrote this guide.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-sonata/guide/

Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #29
Burt Baker

burt baker's Gamercard
I tried running a search through this thread but had no results for the question I am about to ask about: If you are playing with two or more players, does every player receive the achievements or just the player whose save you happen to be playing? I know (from what I'm told) that in JRPGs like Tales of Vesperia, although they are local-multiplayer, only the player's save that's being played will get the achievements and not any of the other players signed in. Can anyone confirm this?
Burt Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #30
Gabriudo

Gabriel FG's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Awesome!!! thanks.
Gabriudo is offline   Reply With Quote