Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Gamer Relaps3

No0b Cyborg's Gamercard
Official Bitching Thread

Have problems in the game. Or just pissed about glitches post here.
Gamer Relaps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
But...but...it's getting perfect/ near perfect reviews! The only thing I'm bitching about is a review that gives Halo 4 a 9.8/10.

Can't they just round up?!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Absence of FireFight
Absence of in game campaign terminal videos (need to view them via waypoint)
Absence of needing to find skulls
Absence of UNSC flying vehicles in match making
Absence of 10 campaign levels like previous games (we only have 8)
Unimpressive achievement pictures

Oddly I'm hyped for the game regardless of these issues. But they're still things that would have made the game better for me.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
chizrocker88

Chizrocker888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
Absence of FireFight
Absence of in game campaign terminal videos (need to view them via waypoint)
Absence of needing to find skulls
Absence of UNSC flying vehicles in match making
Absence of 10 campaign levels like previous games (we only have 8)
Unimpressive achievement pictures

Oddly I'm hyped for the game regardless of these issues. But they're still things that would have made the game better for me.
Couldn't agree more, especially #1. I think Spartan Ops sucks, I'd much rather Firefight be in there in its place.
chizrocker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
chizrocker88

Chizrocker888's Gamercard
Perhaps it's because I don't play multiplayer very often, but I don't understand the criteria for matchmaking. So often while playing last night my friends and I (only about SR10 at the time) kept getting paired against players that were over 15-20 levels ahead of us.

Needless to say we'd just get slaughtered since we can't really unlock anything yet.
chizrocker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizrocker88 View Post
Perhaps it's because I don't play multiplayer very often, but I don't understand the criteria for matchmaking. So often while playing last night my friends and I (only about SR10 at the time) kept getting paired against players that were over 15-20 levels ahead of us.

Needless to say we'd just get slaughtered since we can't really unlock anything yet.
Game is very unbalanced.

Edit: This isn't related to the above post just wanted to say I very much enjoyed the flying part later in the campaign. Was pretty fun

Last edited by Gackt; 11-08-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Stro6es

Stro6es's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
But...but...it's getting perfect/ near perfect reviews! The only thing I'm bitching about is a review that gives Halo 4 a 9.8/10.

LOL agreed.
Stro6es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
LOL

Well, as a military college candidate (that's military academy to you Americans), I have this sorta OCD and what bothers me is the inconsistency with the military ranks insignia in the campaign storyline.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
My only complaint is that they didn't give it a perfect score.

I am perfectly content with everything they've done to the game.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm pissed it isn't here yet.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Blair537

Blair537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
samjpulley

bullsbehad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post

I am perfectly content with everything they've done to the game.

Do you really think Halo was a 10/10? I think they made some clear errors, but otherwise did a solid job. I tend to see a 9-9.5 on this one...with the .5 going in for the innovation that is Spartan Ops.

My top bitches;

1) Soundtrack is VERY sub-par for HALO, I miss the theme...wish they had come up with something new or better, or just kept it. They had some moments, but nothing like the brilliance of core series from Martin O'Donnell. No Halo 4 going on my Ipod...

2) Aim Assist. I remember Bungie talking about dialing this in over the course of their games and they said "if done right, the gamer will never know it exists." There have been times where I litterally start tracking a baddie without a hand on the stick for 1/2 second or so. I've gotten headshots in MP from WAY too far away, far too often, without even trying...and I am NOT some Halo God (my bodys can be found all over the Halo Maps). I want to hit or miss on my skill...so HALO 4 lacked in that regards.

3) Campaign. Short, and story was just too weak. I wanted to experience Requiem, but most of the campaign is either in some bland tower or not on the planet. I got more enjoyment from the Terminal videos and Spartan Ops than the campaign...yes only 50% of the audience truly cares about campaign...but FFS, they really fell short of making the campaign what it could be. Each of the previous HALOs connected with a portion of the universe (Halo Ring, Covenant, Saving Earth/all life).

4) Poor Character Development. I wanted to kill the Infinity Captain, but they nerfed his removal, that could have been fun to see him get it...and I found Cortana to be annoying and more just eye candy than actually someone I cared about. I felt no connection to this game, and never really felt like I saved anything...just got a free ride home and kicked the cab drivers ass in the end. Or so we think....
samjpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #13
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post

GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 got perfect 10's. Now people think they were overrated and far from perfect. Dropping 0.2 off the score will somehow change peoples perspectives and stop that bitching about being a perfect 10//10.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
Actually it's probably because MS didn't pay enough for a 10. Only idiots think the games journalism industry isn't bought and paid for by publishers. You need obscure internet sites for real review (like this one).
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Hishoa

great, so it appears there's an XP Daily Limit like there was in Halo: Reach.

Also, about there being no theater in Campaign..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurstingBox478 View Post
This information is now official, therefore not leaked. Also, I believe the embargo is up.

Fitting Cutscene

Changing of the Guard

The main aim of this thread is not only to increase user awareness of the issue at hand, but to also point out to 343i that one of the most interesting community organizations is under threat from falling into the great abyss completely.

343i, if you don't know, has taken the unprecedented step of removing any Campaign or Spartan Ops based theater mode, a mainstay feature in Bungie games, from Halo 4.

Alright, although this has been known for some time, it was officially confirmed today that Campaign Theater is out. Although there are also more features that aren't in regarding Campaign which I currently can't talk about, the main issue here has already been identified.

Loss of one of the sacred rings...

A lack of Campaign Theater is one of the biggest setbacks to any Halo, in history. It throws the game back to pre-Halo 3. How a 5 year old game can have better features than Halo 4 is beyond me.

-No more Campaign Screenshots
-No more exploring the Campaign in theater mode
-3rd Person View gone
-Speed Running is dead (I will explain why later)

Gone. Think about it.

Are you questioning my decision?

Have you guys ever heard of High Speed Halo? You know, the community organization that has been frequently posting speed runs on Waypoint's front page for the past few months.

Well, their admin, NOKYARD, has this to say about the crisis at hand.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=9016

Note: This has been edited to fit the character limit.

Read the whole thread:
http://highspeedhalo.net/?page_id=38...rward-to-here/

Quote:
The intention is to demonstrate how cutting legacy features can have a devastating effect on long time fan-based communities, similar to how removing the game's API can shut down communities like HaloCharts. For those who are not familiar, the High Speed Halo site is graciously hosted by HBO and was started in early 2004 by HBO members shortly after the Going Nowhere Fast competition. The goal of the site may seem competitive in nature, but it is actually a source of highly entertaining and informative gameplay videos, where our stable of talented runners cooperate to bring the Campaign Mission times down, as an outlet to express our love of the game, the series, and the makers of the game.

{PERSON WHO SAID IT WASN'T IMPORTANT}
Originally Posted by Woorloog:
Or a capture card.

High Speed Halo has processed nearly 200 Reach speed runs. We had assumed CEA would bring back many of the old runners and a new breed of runners eager to bring down the old records. When it was announced there would be no Theater mode we were disappointed but figured we would still receive a large number of runs from players with HD capturing rigs.

Do you know how many Halo CEA speed runs we received?

Two.

That's right, TWO! Our entire gallery of CEA runs contains two Heroic runs submitted by ferlodergarnil.

The next issue is barriers to entry and this includes video capture.

With Halo CE and Halo 2 runners weren't even required to subscribe to XBL. They would keep the VCR running while they made their speed run attempts. When you ran out of tape you would rewind and try again. Runners actually mailed VHS, Betamax, and DVD+-R Halo CE and Halo 2 runs to Cody Miller and myself. Cody even had the means to read out of region DVDs.

SD capture cards could be had for $20 to $30, and recordable DVDs could be ripped with MPEGStreamclip (free software) and other screen cap programs for Halo PC and Halo2 Vista. Halo 3 saw these devices tossed out and never replaced by the average player since we offered to capture and host their runs in 720p. With Halo 3 and beyond you were required to subscribe to XBL but with theatre available there were workarounds for players who couldn't afford XBL.

Now, anyone wishing to participate must purchase an expensive HD capture card (there is no way we are going back to SD quality) and have the bandwidth available to upload multi-gigabyte video files. Not to mention the fact that i would have to up my bandwidth cap (wtf!! Canadian ISPs) because i have to download the run and upload to the HSH YouTube account.

Is this the end for High Speed Halo?

Pretty sure it is, but i'm going to wait until the other admins get back to me.

Who knows, there may be some compelling aspect of the game we're not yet seeing.

cheers
nok
I shall relay your decision, to the council...

-High Speed Halo is one of the most beloved Halo community organizations.

-Unless Waypoint and the rest of the Halo community pressure 343i into putting Theater back into the Campaign, we WILL see the demise of High Speed Halo.

-Please share your thoughts and/or support.

Thirdly.. they did away with Assault, Juggernaut, AND race. WTF, who didn't love race? I would argue that that was the most played gametype in custom games, and easily the most downloaded gametype from the file browser! I still don't know why they couldn't bring back VIP either -- that gametype holds fond memories for many from the Halo 3 days.

Last edited by Hishoa; 11-02-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
great, so it appears there's an XP Daily Limit like there was in Halo: Reach.

Doesn't bother me personally as I never even came close to the limit but again that's me opinion.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm pissed that your sig is too big.

Ok serious, I got nothing to bitch about, yet. Game isn't even released, was this just dibs in hopes of you nailing yourself a stickied topic?
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post

Ok serious, I got nothing to bitch about, yet. Game isn't even released, was this just dibs in hopes of you nailing yourself a stickied topic?
Agreed his sig is god damn huge, i usually don't have anything to bitch about and if i do my xbox live party will all enjoy me moaning like a 5 year old. Lolz

MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
I know right, I mean come on lol.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:

It probably was.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #21
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

no theater in campaign and spops
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #22
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
no theater in campaign and spops
Now that's a damn shame. I also heard that it's 1-person only unlike Halo 3's.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #23
Rzm117

RaizezMuller PT's Gamercard
Haven´t played the game but NO THEATER in campaign is disappointing.

That will be about it I guess
Rzm117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #24
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
It probably was.
What's the big deal about stickied topics? I have two of them on this site and I wasn't even trying to get them. I don't feel like I've developed super powers or a super human sense of smell or anything like that. Lol

Umm... Things to bitch about... They should've cut out multiplayer and made the Campaign a 50-hour adventure? Yeah! We'll go with that! Fuck Multiplayer, Forge, and Theatre mode! Lol.

Outside of achievements, Campaign and Spartan-Ops will be the only modes I touch, so I honestly can't complain too much. As long as it's fun and it feeds me a wealth of new information on the Halo universe that's all I care about. And I want more novels! 1 more from Greg and Bear each isn't enough. They need another trilogy, but I feel like they're backing themselves into a wall with the series. They need to be careful or we'll start ending up with a bunch of useless side-stories like The Cole Protocol.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #25
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
What's the big deal about stickied topics? I have two of them on this site and I wasn't even trying to get them. I don't feel like I've developed super powers or a super human sense of smell or anything like that. Lol

Umm... Things to bitch about... They should've cut out multiplayer and made the Campaign a 50-hour adventure? Yeah! We'll go with that! Fuck Multiplayer, Forge, and Theatre mode! Lol.

Outside of achievements, Campaign and Spartan-Ops will be the only modes I touch, so I honestly can't complain too much. As long as it's fun and it feeds me a wealth of new information on the Halo universe that's all I care about. And I want more novels! 1 more from Greg and Bear each isn't enough. They need another trilogy, but I feel like they're backing themselves into a wall with the series. They need to be careful or we'll start ending up with a bunch of useless side-stories like The Cole Protocol.
There is none! I just think the OP could have waited until the game was released to make an actual Bitching Thread instead of making one pre-launch - where everyone would bitch about what they've seen, and not actually experience yet.

50 hour Campaign!? Count me in! I agree with you on the novels. I want Nylund back

Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
Bokor1985

x8x Crosby x7x's Gamercard
My compliant is the ending was good but where's the EPIC halo ending :-(
Bokor1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokor1985 View Post
My compliant is the ending was good but where's the EPIC halo ending :-(
I don't recall there ever being an epic ending to any of the Halo games lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #28
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
This playlist is currently unavailable. Please try another playlist.

Anyone else has this? Can't join any multiplayer game.

Edit: Works now, just reset my game.

One thing is the death crys, they're not very loud/non-existent.

Last edited by Gman2; 11-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #29
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
seriously mod's, please do some merging! 3 fucking pages of active threads! Thats cool if you want to delete my thread asking for a merge, but you will keep open a thread about " waiting in line for halo! "

It makes it a real hassle to find the right thread im looking for b/c I have to go 2 pages back to find something that is active today!

That is my only complaint
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oozero View Post
seriously mod's, please do some merging! 3 fucking pages of active threads! Thats cool if you want to delete my thread asking for a merge, but you will keep open a thread about " waiting in line for halo! "

It makes it a real hassle to find the right thread im looking for b/c I have to go 2 pages back to find something that is active today!

That is my only complaint
Must be rough to click to go a whole page back...