PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
mickessendon

unseatedash's Gamercard
Enslaved sequel still possible

I recently came across this interview on gamasutra with tameem (from ninja theory) and this quesion was asked:

When I talked to you when you were doing Enslaved, you said that was right when you just became a two project studio, right? And obviously you have Devil May Cry going. Do you have another project going?
TA: Actually, we were hoping that it would be the Enslaved sequel... I wouldn't say it's not happening -- because you never say never -- but it's not started. We're not progressing on that. So for now we're going to focus on Devil May Cry. Everyone's full attention is on that game, and we've got one eye looking to the future on our second project, which we will need to start in the next few months.

This interview happened in october last year (two weeks after the same guy said an enslaved sequel wouldn't happen) and they have yet to reveal work on a second project and since talk on enslaved hasn't happened this year- maybe they are secretly working on a sequel but probably unlikely. Anyway here is the link to the interview http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...em_.php?page=2
mickessendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Hm... that is interesting. I thought a sequel was highly unlikely, but maybe I was wrong. If they actually do make a sequel I will definitely be buying it; Enslaved was an amazing game!

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #3
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
funny since they flat out said they would be making one
Old 12-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
weezy

TH w33zY's Gamercard
I'm currently playing this game and love it. I hope they make a sequel
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
mickessendon

unseatedash's Gamercard
I should also point out that Namco Bandai (the publisher) own the rights to the game, so it is their decision to make a sequel or not, but the good news is that they have been hinting at a sequel and even stated that they are looking at ways of creating a sequel http://fronttowardsgamer.com/2011/07...slaved-sequel/. Anyway i think there will eventually be a sequel (but might not happen for a couple of years- sorta like beyond good and evil), because it got a metacritic score of 82 and according to vgchartz it has reached around a million copies sold.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This is pretty good news, I liked the game.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
This game was amazing and it was sad to see it go to far under many peoples radar. This maybe the main reason NT are a little hesitant on making a new one.

I hope they decide on a sequel because it'll be a day one buy for me without a doubt! Such an underrated game and one everyone should play!

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
This game was amazing and it was sad to see it go to far under many peoples radar. This maybe the main reason NT are a little hesitant on making a new one.

I hope they decide on a sequel because it'll be a day one buy for me without a doubt! Such an underrated game and one everyone should play!
No, it wasn't another underrated game. The gameplay itself was one of the most forgiving i've seen. Not to mention the mess of a story which they took from a better book.

The only redeeming thing would be the actor of characters like Trip.

PS: The exact same mistakes seems to be done with Heavenly Sword and DmC.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
mickessendon

unseatedash's Gamercard
Mess of a story? the story in this game was better than at least 75% of all other games and it didn't rely on cheesy plot twists to carry the story, it relied on the characters and their emotions which was done better than say the mass effect series (not hating mass effect just saying my opinion). Anyway the combat wasn't that forgiving especially if you don't upgrade monkey only the platforming was and that is fine with me since it fitted well with the short and sweet cinematic experience.

Last edited by mickessendon; 12-29-2012 at 07:39 AM.