PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Encyclopedia of the Common Man Guide

A RECENT UPDATE HAS FIXED THE GLITCH FOR THIS ACHIEVEMENT. ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN GLITCHED NOW JUST HAS TO UPDATE. IT WILL UNLOCK BY ITSELF ONCE YOU LOAD THE GAME.

An Extraordinary Man 10
Complete the Encyclopedia of the Common Man.

Once you have done all of the Homestead Missions and completed most of the game might be a good time to get the achievement done for completing The Encyclopedia of the Common Man. The characters do various activities around the Homestead and you must analyze them by holding . The list below shows what you should look for. Most everything will go fine except for the Miner and for the Lumberers. I believe the Miner is just glitchy. An example is that he lights a lantern and it doesn't count as an activity, but him standing doing nothing sometimes will. He will almost always be mining except the rare chance he does gold panning. For the Lumberers, they do a ton of recreational smoking, drinking at the bar, and fishing. You can hardly catch them doing any work and none of the activities just mentioned count. Just remember that one of the wives (Catherine) counts as a lumberer.

Note: This achievement can take you hours. Hardly any activities can be recorded at night time. Be sure you have done all conversations and missions for everyone first. Not all activities will be available if not.

TIP: If you use Eagle Vision (pressing the left stick) then if person is doing an activity they will be highlighted in gold instead of blue.

How to check your log

You can check what you have by pressing and scrolling to log book. Go to Building the Homestead. You will see a list.

There is also a physical log book in the Manor. Go up the stairs and it's on a table between the two red chairs.

Glitch Warning: Woodworker is sometimes glitched. It will say 2/3 recorded even after you get 3/3. It sill say that you have completed the entry anyways. This may be at fault when scanning the woodworker helping other inhabitants that can be scanned and the scan gets mixed up. This is not known for sure. Farmer is also known to have glitched.

Other Glitch: Yet another glitch is that you have 3/3 and it does not say you have completed an entry. Keep trying to record the one/s that have this error and hopefully you can get the achievement to unlock.

PATCH TO FIX GLITCH

There was a patch to fix a lot of things, including this glitch. If you have the glitch where it says 3/3 and yet not "completed", then you just need to scan another activity to fix it and get your achievement. What happens if you have scanned every single activity because you wanted the achievement so badly? That's too bad for you, because you are still glitched and require to either wait for yet another patch (doubtful to happen) or to restart the game on another save file.

PATCH NOTES FROM UBISOFT

Check the thread below to find out other people's experiences with the glitch.

GLITCH DISCUSSION

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacksmith
- Big Dave -Da on the map

• Grinding an axe
  • Pounding away at metal on an anvil
  • Working on horseshoes by a horse
  • Unloading a cart with lumberer
  • Splitting log
  • Hammering a wheel

Doctor Lyle - Ly on the Map

• Sitting down with a book on a a tree trunk
  • Playing a game of Bowls
  • Giving news to a couple on the trail
  • Checking on a patient on the porch
  • Reading the newspaper
  • Uprooting plants (likely for medicine)
  • Measurements

Farmers Warren - Wa on map - Prudence - Pa on map

• Prudence is using a wooden tool on hay
  • Feeding chickens
  • Working in the garden
  • Plowing field
  • Milking cow
  • Cooking with the outside oven
  • Working on nearby windmill
  • Beekeeping
  • Preparing/shoveling hay
There seems to be a lot of things you can watch them do, and some are very rare.

Huntersess - Myrian - My on the map

• Gun cleaning by the fire at her camp
  • Preparing food over a fire
  • Setting a trap a little SE from her campsite
  • Pelt trading
  • Skinning deer

Innkeepers Oliver and Corrine - Ol and Co on the map

• Oliver will be washing the counter
  • Corrine will be turning a crank outside over a fire (deer roasting)
  • Oliver nearby Corrine will have a pitch fork (moving hay)
  • Preparing/chopping up a pig carcass
  • Slapping a bull making it do work

Lumberers - Godfrey - Go on the map - Terry - Te on the map - Catherine - Ca on map

• Talking with Lance by some lumber
  • Terry working with Dan chopping wood
  • Loading lumber on a wagon
  • Catherine churning butter
  • Playing Bowls game
  • Sawing wood
  • Reading newspaper

Miner - Norris - No on the map

• Mining
  • He will walk around town, walk a path, then stand in front of a cabin
  • Rarely, he will do some gold panning by his mine in the river
  • Sharpens tools

Tailor - Ellen - El on the map

• You'll find Ellen working on a coat on the porch
  • She'll be washing fabric in a bucket
  • Sewing a cushion on a red chair

Woodworker - Lance - La on the map

• Opening/closing a door with a book in his hand
  • Sitting on a chair he built (testing it)
  • Shaving a wooden beam
  • Checking a fence
  • Wheelbarrow inspection
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 01-29-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
Good thing this is up. I think I've unfortunately screwed myself out of getting the encyclopedia finished in my main run, so I'll probably have to do another run to quickly rush off the story and homestead missions... hopefully this guide will stop anyone else from running into this.

On a side note... do we actually expect Ubisoft to patch any of this? I'm starting to seriously regret purchasing the season pass, after seeing how buggy the main game is...

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenhood View Post
Good thing this is up. I think I've unfortunately screwed myself out of getting the encyclopedia finished in my main run, so I'll probably have to do another run to quickly rush off the story and homestead missions... hopefully this guide will stop anyone else from running into this.

On a side note... do we actually expect Ubisoft to patch any of this? I'm starting to seriously regret purchasing the season pass, after seeing how buggy the main game is...
I have tried hours now to get the last lumberer activity to register, but with no luck. I even observed Catherine churning butter twice, but that didn't help either. When I follow Godfrey and Terry around, neither seems to do any of the encyclopedia activities any more. Quite frustrating.

I plan on doing a 2nd quicker playthrough, so I may give this achievement another shot then.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I already have this achievement, but I have a couple of things to say. Some activities are missing (for instance, the Doctor also picks herbs around his house which counts as an activity as well).

Another thing I want to say is.. Once it's completed, does the Encyclopedia still show up for you in the logbook like it's not completed? I've noticed it's still there for me, even though everything in it is checked off on it.
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Yeah I don't have 100% every single activity listed. I actually took screen shots of every activity I did and was planning to do a picture guide but now I realize there are more than just what I had found so no use in using pictures to help.

I got glitched and did not get the achievement. Patches for this kind of thing seem rare because some people can obtain it by "replaying" the game and they probably just don't care. The other games were perfectly fine. Guess it is a different branch of Ubisoft though right? Montreal....Blame Canada.

What really pisses me off is that it isn't an achievement like "5 rope dart kills". I literally spent hours on this achievement alone and even more hours trying to get it to unlock since it glitched. It's worth a whopping 10 points and will screw me out of a completion on a 40+ hour game. Not to mention the 15 minute credit roll you can't skip. Maybe if we bombard them on twitter.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 11-09-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
GrislyGrizzly

GrislyGrizzly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
The other games were perfectly fine. Guess it is a different branch of Ubisoft though right? Montreal....Blame Canada.
The Montreal studio was the main developer for every Creed game... Most of the big games from this generation came from Montreal or Vancouver studios anyway (BioShock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, to name three).
GrislyGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
ghamlin24

FearFallenAngel's Gamercard
I can't find the tailor and Norris never does anything!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is a pain sometimes, they are Gold but won't register first time or takes a while.

Latest example for the Innkeepers:
Oliver - Preparing/chopping up a pig carcass, it wouldn't register (yes I was doing it right, I already finished Farmers and Woodworker). I then seen Corrine slapping a bull making it do work, that registered, so went back to Oliver and it worked.

As a result I can't get Lumberers to register, I have seen Terry and Dan sawing wood and Catherine churning butter.

I have finished Sequence 6, so far I have:
Farmers 3/3
Woodworker - 3/3
Huntress - 2/3
Innkeepers 2/3
Lumberers - 1/3
Miner - 0/3

Not yet added to Homestead:
Blacksmith
Doctor
Tailor

Still loads to go.

Last edited by cjdavies; 01-19-2013 at 12:31 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
I am only missing Norris 3/3 and the Woodworker 3/3.

Any ideas as to what time of day and tips or tricks to obtain these final 2 ?

What is it exactly that they are doing at 3/3 ?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Insomnic Gamer

insomnic_gamer@hotmail.com's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl Synical lX View Post

Just follow them around and keep checking. Sometimes, it will look like they are doing the same thing but they aren't. I got the achievement a little while ago, there's not really getting around it.
Insomnic Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
Xl Synical lX

xl synical lx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnic Gamer View Post
Just follow them around and keep checking. Sometimes, it will look like they are doing the same thing but they aren't. I got the achievement a little while ago, there's not really getting around it.
I've followed them around. I think I'll go mad if I continue.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #12
bizegar

bizegar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xl Synical lX View Post

Use Eagle Vision, the homesteaders will light up when they are doing a scannable task. Norris and the woodworker were my last two and once I started using Eagle Vision I found the tasks I'd been missing.
bizegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
MetallicaDan

Send a message via AIM to MetallicaDan Send a message via MSN to MetallicaDan Send a message via Yahoo to MetallicaDan

Un4g1v3N80's Gamercard
Using the Animus weather/season hack to always sunny, day time definitely seemed to help. I actually loved this game but this achievement was retarded. I literally spent 15 minutes following the lumberer old lady walk around and wash windows until finally she churned some butter and I got the cheevo... I got an achievement for watching a woman churn butter, let that sink in for a moment...
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #14
duff28

duff28's Gamercard
Lucky me, got this straight away with no glitches or fucking about
duff28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
I have a question, does it matter what season it is for them to do certain activities?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Khaiden

Sasword's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
Although my weapon/gunrack still isn't quite full. Also all my store bought outfits aren't on my clothing rack, only the rewarded ones.
Those are just other colors for Connor's default outfit.

Quote:
Instead of fully using all my assassin tools and having really clever as in assassination ways to kill people, it was like playing dynasty warriors.
Really? I've used all kinds of weapons to kill all kinds of enemies, it has been rather fun to see such variety.
Khaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
Shabba
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaiden View Post
Those are just other colors for Connor's default outfit.

Really? I've used all kinds of weapons to kill all kinds of enemies, it has been rather fun to see such variety.

There are maybe 5 empty spots on my outfit rack. 100% complete. 3 on my swords rack, 5 on my pistol rack, a tomahawk, a stone weapon, and some heavy axe. I have bought and crafted every weapon? Why are my dual pistol from the special holster not dual it is still reload after a shot and while wearing the etzio outfit it only shows as 1.

In the combat the assassination contracts run kill, contract complete nothing clever. Half the sequences you are chasing something the rest you are evesdropping. In open conflict it is the same as dynasty warriors. Sure you have different weapons, only nessessary when using a fist to disarm. Or maybe you might want to pause conflict via the wheel to use a mine or smoke bomb, though pointless. While freerunning does something retarded like lifts himself with both hands onto a knee-high table or jumps from side to side instead of running straight through the middle. While using hold RT and press A you still have to direct that move or he will jump to a side. Horseriding and the horse most often will do a 180 because of some little piece of scenery that it can't trot over, more often it is always quicker to run.

The entire story is a do-good'er with a chip on his shoulder who has fetish for hoarding and picking up shit. No scalping his hertiage, the bow was never used, no hatchet throwing, and would rarely ever assassinate anything. The boss fights, it was better doing the boston brawler challenges they lasted longer. Meanwhile you help all these people who are pointless to being an assassin and for real a Charles Lee would take pleasure in ending anything close.

I can think of a million more, as it was bitter disappiontment after the boss.....

Last edited by Shabba; 11-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
HanzoHasashi

Vengeful BANE's Gamercard
Patch will be released. Hopefully it resolves all the artisan glitches as I am stuck with the farmers and really don't have the nerves for another playthrough.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ken-*SPOILERS?

--------

Hello,
There is a patch in the works and we will have more information this week. Please make sure that you are reporting any issues you have to Ubisoft Support.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Thanks
HanzoHasashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
superjw701

superjw701's Gamercard
Just a few things that are not on your list, though others may have said something. For Norris there are two things I saw while at the mine, actually mining within the mine and putting fuel into one of the lanterns at the entrance of the mine. For Ellen, sometimes there will be someone at her place that she is tailoring or fitting their clothes. Don't remember any others, just happened to do both of these.
superjw701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #20
WeskersHenchman

WeskersHenchman's Gamercard
Apparently, a patch coming out next week may fix any issues with the Encyclopedia. Emphasis on may, since the patch notes are pretty vague.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...atch-Spoilers?
WeskersHenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #21
STONE DEVIL

STONE DEVIL's Gamercard
For Huntersess - Myriam, you add "Shooting an animal". I approached her while she was on a rock taking aim at something in the distance. Held the LT from the time she was aiming, through the shot and until she got down off the rock and I received a credit for the Encylopedia.
STONE DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
JackBauer24

I have all of the artisans showing up in the Manor book except Farmers. Each guide that I looked at on various sites lists different ones. I thought that if you looked at only 3 of any of these, they should register? Do I really need to view all of them when the checklist only says 3 of 3?

I've seen these and still no Achievement.

Warren
Plowing the field
Feeding the chickens
Tending to the garden
Raking the hayBeekeeping

Prudence

Chopping the wheat
Watering the garden
Tending to the garden

"When I'm finished with you, you're gonna wish that you felt this good again."
JackBauer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
FiveFootNinja

FiveFootNinja's Gamercard
Glitch update

For those that are getting some of the common glitches with the Woodworkers or Farmers, you may now be in luck...

I was having the issue where the WOODWORKER was at [2/3] but also said it was complete. The FARMERS were also at [3/3] but said they were not complete. I tried all sorts of combos of scanning from the internet and nothing was working.

However, the "thanksgiving" patch that has been mentioned was released today.

Once downloaded the log said that the WOODWORKER was [3/3] and complete, however the FARMERS were still not "complete" even though I had scanned three actions. I just waited for them to do an action I hadn't previously scanned (in this case feeding the chickens) and the achievement popped and the "complete" message came up.

Still appears in my logbook though even though all goals are now completed however.

If you want details on patch, you can find some here [SPOILER ALERT]
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...oilers-Forums?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
RobbiWanKenobi

RobbiWanKenobi's Gamercard
Anybody have tips post update on a farmer 3/3 issue when you ALREADY scanned all available actions? Scanned these clowns again and still keeps saying I scanned them all already.
RobbiWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #25
papanesta

papanesta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiWanKenobi View Post
Anybody have tips post update on a farmer 3/3 issue when you ALREADY scanned all available actions? Scanned these clowns again and still keeps saying I scanned them all already.
I think we're fucked. Seriously not happy. Somebody here said 8 hours just to get to the point of scanning all the activities again. Fuck that. Done with this game, multiplayer can take a flying jump.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #26
evil noob111

mastersigve's Gamercard
hail jesus! i got it, spent so many hours on it, the woodworkers barly do any work at all! other if u can think of smoking and fishing as an job!
evil noob111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #27
TapouT32

TapouT32's Gamercard
For those of you having trouble getting the lumberers to do anything, go to your accounting book and buy some of the lumber from the stockpile, then return to the area and they should be doing an activity soon after (not necessarily right away). I had this problem and this worked out, finally saw them sawing some lumber in half. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #28
kywildcats7

kywildcats7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT32 View Post
For those of you having trouble getting the lumberers to do anything, go to your accounting book and buy some of the lumber from the stockpile, then return to the area and they should be doing an activity soon after (not necessarily right away). I had this problem and this worked out, finally saw them sawing some lumber in half. Good luck!
This! This! After doing this, I popped it immediately.

Thanks a bunch
kywildcats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
Where is Myriam the huntress? Can't find her on the map.

Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #30
Gman2

Send a message via AIM to Gman2 Send a message via MSN to Gman2

C3LLDW3LLER's Gamercard
When does Norris (the lazy one) pan for gold? It's the last one I need for the achievement. And I think he knows this and he isn't playing fair.

EDIT: Used the night/daytime hack to change to day and scanned he doing something else and got the achievement! Thought hacks disable achievements. Strange.

Last edited by Gman2; 12-01-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote