PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
bimbletonben

Bimbleton Ben's Gamercard
Talking Achievement Guide for 'Tower of Babble'

This is a step-by-step guide to how we got this achievement last night.

Step 1- kill all of the zombies and build the turbines ( you have one each) when round 2 starts go to the diner.

Step 2- keep opening the box until you have the EMP. If you don't get the EMP and the box gets the teddy the host must restart and rinse and repeat until a player gets the EMP. Make sure to keep one zombie alive!

Step 3- once you have the EMP got to the power room. You might need to do another round, depending on what you have in weapons from the box. If players have crap weapons you might need to go another round until you have the AKU off of the shed wall (1200 points) if more rounds are needed then still remember to keep a zombie alive. ALL 4 PLAYERS DO NOT NEED TO TURN POWER ON, one can stay upstairs with the zombie.

Step 4- so by keeping the zombie alive you should now be on round 3 or 4 with a good selection of weapons and someone with the EMP. From the power room head left to the cornfield by defeating little zombies that attach to your head, be careful not to kill the main zombie as he just respawns. Find the entrance to the cornfield, once in its left, then right, then left to get to the pile-on. Wait for all 4 players to kill the zombie.

Step 5- keep on doing the rounds until the electric zombie appears. Once he appears wait until he's under the pile-on, 2 players place their turbines and player with the EMP kills the electric zombie while his body is showing. (YOU CANNOT KILL HIM WITH KNIVES!! This method doesn't work!)
Remember to keep killing surrounding zombies as they will attack your turbines! Keep a zombie alive at the end, not a crawler as they just bleed out after 6 minutes. ( if you're quick a crawler may work though)

Step 6- THIS BIT A LOT OF PEOPLE GET WRONG... If two players turbines break YOU DON'T NEED TO GET ANOTHER ONE!! The people who's turbines broke can stay in the cornfield with the zombie, the other 2 players head back to the power room. You will notice if you've done it right the lamp posts will be flickering and dust particles come off of them. Wait for the bus, one heads to the bus depo, gets off and waits by the lamp post. The other player goes to the diner (next stop) exit the bus by the BACK door, pay for the cafe doors and head for the lamp post by the truck. Both players next to lamp posts now place their turbines on the floor and the achievement should unlock!
You do not need to place anymore by the pile-on as this was already done.

Special thanks for helping me get this achievement to Grohlvana, Shroom universe and The Luigi Vampa

I hope this helps, this is 100% accurate to how we did it. The electric zombie spawns at random points.
bimbletonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
David Politano

iGhoSt BoOba's Gamercard
me and my mate proving tower of babble achievement can be done with 2 people

Last edited by * Clueless *; 12-06-2012 at 02:43 AM.
David Politano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
So the table that you build at the pylon is not required? I understand it is for the other easter egg, but just assumed it needed to be there.
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Vayos

Vayos's Gamercard
I thought you first need to turn on the power to free the electric zombie, then you must wait for a speech from Maxis, and then turn the power off.

Therefore when you EMP the electric zombie... the power is off.

Last edited by Vayos; 11-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Vayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayos View Post
I thought you first need to turn on the power to free the electric zombie, then you must wait for a speech from Maxis, and then turn the power off.

Therefore when you EMP the electric zombie... the power is off.
From what I understand, this is correct. He may have just missed it while writing this. The key thing he is mentioning which I myself don't know is true is about the lamp posts. That's the only thing different compared to the videos I've seen.

Currently Working On
:
Dead Rising 3

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Standing Riot

Standing Riot's Gamercard
So for the Maxis EE are we positive that it takes 4 people?

The reason I ask is if you only need 2 turbines below the pylon for that step. Shouldn't we be able to move the same two turbines to the lamp posts?

I'm not sure if this has been asked so I thought I would.
Standing Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
bimbletonben

Bimbleton Ben's Gamercard
Sorry guys this is my first ever guide you do need to turn power on then wait untill he says turn it of
bimbletonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout frank View Post
So the table that you build at the pylon is not required? I understand it is for the other easter egg, but just assumed it needed to be there.
No, it's not required. There are 2 different ways to get the Easter Egg. The one he is talking about is how you do it with Dr. Maxis talking to you. The one with the gun parts is by doing what Richtofen says. I watched both videos and Richtofen's seemed like a lot harder way to do it then compared to this version. So I'd skip it.

Currently Working On
:
Dead Rising 3

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
onyxguard11

CowboySoldier11's Gamercard
Question tower of babble glitch?

okay so me and my friends were on the last step of richtofens path for the easter egg but the only flickering teleporter was at the diner and the rest were normal.is this a glitch or did we do something wrong?

also do you have to do the emp step at specific teleporters or any of them will do and do you have to have the denzites create the portal?
onyxguard11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
You have to do the emp step at the electrical pylon in the corn field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
onyxguard11

CowboySoldier11's Gamercard
uhm i think thats for maxis side where you kill the electric zombie
onyxguard11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
JKidman

o K I D M A N o's Gamercard
Why dont you just do Dr Maxxis easter egg, as its easy as hell compared to the one your trying to do!
JKidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #13
leftoverzombie

xxxdeadshot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKidman View Post
Why dont you just do Dr Maxxis easter egg, as its easy as hell compared to the one your trying to do!
does this Have to be done on xbl or can it be done in a custom game ??
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
darkstorm222

OsG Assassin's Gamercard
Question tower of babble questions

1) if a player has completed the easter egg can they help someone else with it . reason for asking is because we had a guy in yesterday that had done it already. but the tower glowed red and was sparking with electric. also when we turned on the power there was no voices.

2) the turbines that get put under the pylon for the electric man. do you leave them there after you have emp'ed him. or do you remove them before you put the last two down by the lamposts as some are saying you leave them. and some are saying you remove them then put tyhe last to down.

need to know these to things please anyone. i have read the guides and watched videos but nothink on these to questions have i found.
darkstorm222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
wizardfire

chelseawinners's Gamercard
Not too sure about the first question as I've asked it myself but with no reply or answer.
From reading other posts I have concluded that if one player has already done the tower of babble achievement on your team/side then you cannot complete it at all,it has to be 2-4 players that haven't already got the achievement.
Hence not hearing the voices and the red glow and electric etc..

In response to your second question when I did it with 3 others we do it this way after killing the Avogadro with the EMP grenade..

First we picked up both turbines that we placed to kill the Avogadro after he went skywards,then we made sure there was 1 zombie left and one of us kept him running around/occupied by the pylon/ radio tower whilst the other 2 went off to get in position to place their turbines...
One needs to go near the barn in the diner area and the other is just down the street in the town where the bus turns shortly after leaving the area,it's the lamppost on your left...

Then once you are all in position we killed the zombie then straight away we put the 2 turbines down under the pylon then after that we put down the turbine at the diner and then The last one near the exit to the town and then then achievement popped up for all of us before the next round started.

That's how we got it,hope that kinda helps you...?

Last edited by wizardfire; 11-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
wizardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
dirchy

oo dirchy oo's Gamercard
Many thanks to OP Bimbletonben for this guide, here's a quick run through of how we did it, in case it helps anyone.

We've just done it with 3 players. Maxis method.

Really useful to know about not needing the two Turbines at the Pylon at the same time as placing the turbines at the lamps.

We EMP'd the Avogarde under the tower on round 7, as soon as he spawned we placed two turbines under the pylon to try and encourage him in. Then all three of us ran back to the power station with one zombie left. He died cos of a missing arm (bled out) just as the bus was leaving, so we fought a wave from the bus, keeping a few alive, all of us got off at the bus station (me and FLETCH still had 2 turbines, so HITMAN got another one), then we tried to leave two at the bus depot and ABS on the bus to the Diner.
Unfortunately both zombies we had left went on the bus with HITMAN.

Then HITMAN got off the bus at the diner and we simultaneously put down one turbine by the shed and one at the end of the bus stop.

All three got the Tower of Babble.

Last edited by dirchy; 11-26-2012 at 07:00 AM.
dirchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Maxis

Maxis Way FTW.

Finally done this after 3 3-hour sessions on TA, was a little late for us though as we ended up getting the achievement on Round 10..you want it on Round 2 or 3 but that just doesn't happen.

We killed him on Round 9 though after acquiring 2 EMP's (only used one) but after killing him two of us died from zombies so other 2 guys finished the round so we could spawn and set the 2 turbines up at bus depot and diner (leaving one zombie alive - they run so you know it's the last one) and it was all pretty tight and intense.

But from all this we learnt that you DO NOT need the 2 turbines in the corn field AFTER you've killed the eletrco dude, and he only spawns when theres shitloads of thunder above you.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #18
valo09

Valo09's Gamercard
I can confirm that the galvaknuckles DO NOT work. We did it by round 3 with the EMP and worked fine that time.

valo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
really helpful
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
demi

I have been trying this with two players the past week. And it is not working at all.

We have been using Galvaknuckles - is this confirmed to NOT work? Every success story I've seen has used EMP.

Maxis sometimes says at the Pylon - "The power is weak, you fucked up, go back to a previous step" - why the fuck is this dumbass saying this? We have both turbines spinning.

The game is pretty buggy on when you achieve a step. I mean why the fuck do I have to do a previous step? The only previous step is turning the power on and off. It's not like you can fuck that up.

Retarded.
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #21
FranconianX

FranconianX's Gamercard
I really hate this achievement. Either we don't get the EMPs (3 times out of 30-40 tries) or all four of us suck big time (we failed all three times).

The main problem is, we only get him to spawn in wave 7/8/9/10, early does simply not work for us, despite the strom above.

When he's there, he or the other zombies destroy the turbines or we get overrun from both sides because avoiding his electricution, reviving teammates + concentrating on him when he is in the middle is do much at once.

If the turbines are destroyed during the fight with the electric guy, is it possible to pick two new ones from the work bench at the bus stop and place them at the pylon?

Last edited by FranconianX; 12-05-2012 at 10:29 AM.
FranconianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
W4N73D

ll W4N73D ll's Gamercard
dont need the help anymore got the achievement
W4N73D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
Peplow

peplowsoldier's Gamercard
Just a little a question about keeping 1 zombie alive, when we keep 1 alive(running or walking) it doesn't respawn when u move to another area it just finishes the round, anybody else has this problem?
Peplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #24
knotfan123

ya big goof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranconianX View Post
I really hate this achievement. Either we don't get the EMPs (3 times out of 30-40 tries) or all four of us suck big time (we failed all three times).

The main problem is, we only get him to spawn in wave 7/8/9/10, early does simply not work for us, despite the strom above.

When he's there, he or the other zombies destroy the turbines or we get overrun from both sides because avoiding his electricution, reviving teammates + concentrating on him when he is in the middle is do much at once.

If the turbines are destroyed during the fight with the electric guy, is it possible to pick two new ones from the work bench at the bus stop and place them at the pylon?
The achievement does 100% suck...I got it with just 1 other guy...I would suggest doing so. I did it with my brother and we would save enough money to get 3-4 total box spins and if we didn't get it by then we would restart.

Ironically when I got the achievement the turbines did indeed break. We left a couple zombies and ran back to spawn to each get one. One stayed other went to diner...dropped the turbines and BLIP achievement unlocked.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
z0mbi3slayer219

z0mbi3slayer219's Gamercard
Anyone Wanna Help My Brother And I With Tower Of Babble My Gtag Is z0mbi3slayer219 And My Brother Gtag Is z0mbi3slayer111 Just Message Us

Last edited by z0mbi3slayer219; 12-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
z0mbi3slayer219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
neil_lien

Is there any guaranteed way of making the electric zombie to appear? Using the two-player method, the storm is visible, last couple zombies killed in cornfield beside pylon, and nothing... this went on for 3-4 rounds before we ran out of ammo.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Ghosts)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
Chefkee

Chefkee's Gamercard
I've been trying this achievement for ages now. The most difficult part, in my opinion, is getting the EMP.

Once we get the EMP and the avogadro under the tower, we die. I've been trying this with another player. But I think 3-4 players is easier, because of the reviving/killing.

Add me if u want to try the achievement. It's Chefkee
Chefkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #28
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Great video. No annoying intro, no annoying commentary, and straight to the point. Keep making videos like this!

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #29
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
instead of EMPs could we use galveknuckles? I'm not sure if we HAVE to use EMPs to get the cheevo
Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #30
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
great guide/vid