PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2 > Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
Caress Of Death

Caress Of Death's Gamercard
Pete the Invincible

The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.
Caress Of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I've never even seen the damn thing in-game, so I doubt I'll be completing this without help from the public matches. A few things factor in, of course... is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet. Also wondering if this Invincible fight glitches and potentially ruins save files like Master Gee did to a friend of mine (lost all of his progress after 75+ hours).

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenhood View Post
is that weird Graveyard.sav glitch fixed? I heard it was being worked on, but I don't know if it got patched in or not yet.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...av--Virus.html

Pete the Invicible is not as hard as Gee, but not really easy though. It's really hard to solo him mainly because of the minions all around the arena, excepted if you have a commando and use your turrets to clean up the area while you're focusing on Pete.

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Baby Maker + Tediore Relic worked for me.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Iam918

Iam918's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI View Post

I have the Fire Baby Maker and he was resisting it.

However, I have a Tediore Electric SMG that I use to burst down his shield. Once I'm out of ammo for that I fall back to my Torgue (explosive) shotty, AR and Pistol.
Rest of my weapons are corrosive or fire as I haven't gotten any good weapons otherwise.
Iam918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
This = Job done (Solo).

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Gonna attempt that later tonight and post a video on youtube. I have a video on there showing people what he looks like and the damage he does.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #8
iTz WaffleS v2

Send a message via AIM to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via MSN to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Yahoo to iTz WaffleS v2 Send a message via Skype™ to iTz WaffleS v2

iTz WaffleS v2's Gamercard
Yooooooooooo Omfg dudes. I went to solo this dude after reading this thread. I got into the glitch spot no prob. After a quick minute or two, the guy jumps up there with me, I quickly jump down and run straight across to the other ammo dump.

The guy jumps up and down like he does, but keeps getting stuck, and can't jump down. As he is jumping, he is moving to the left (facing him) towards the giant drain. He gets stuck eventually below the walkway up there.

So I spend like.. literally an hour, shooting this guy and shooting him, get his shield down, get his health down. Kill him. His loot. WHEEEEEEEE goes flying up to the catwalk/walkway things. I'm like.. okay, no problem, I can just get a friend in here who is a commando.. well before he gets in, my game messes up and signs me out of xbox live......

Sending me back to the goddamned title screen.

Get back into game.. none of it counted......

FML -_______-
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Like Ravenhood, I haven't seen him either. And I've seen the glitch ledge/spot too.

My question, why name him "Pete"? Not a real formidable and scary name.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Like Ravenhood, I haven't seen him either. And I've seen the glitch ledge/spot too.

My question, why name him "Pete"? Not a real formidable and scary name.
Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caress Of Death View Post
The way that this fight goes, you basically HAVE to use a bee shield. This guy is a huge damage sponge with massive HP. I hate that the way everything is designed now requires the bee shield because all they're doing to nerf it is make the bosses have insane HP that forces you to still use it. And I'm not complaining because I don't have the bee shield, because I do, I say it for the people who may not have it.
Too bad they're still nerfing the bee on top of this insane boss HP. They are really trying to make it impossible without four players and or a glitch or the bee. Don't see why really. Not everyone wants this kind of challenge.

The best thing coming out of this patch is the de-leveling of the raid bosses of Pirate's Booty in Normal mode so everyone can at least get the achievements. Leave the insanely hard required boss fights for the try-hards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Because over the course of two games Gearbox hasn't made a single good boss fight and they think having the word "invincible" after their names is really cute and funny. My guess to why his name is simply "Pete" is that is the name of one of the three guys who live in a basement somewhere that Gearbox outsourced their DLC to.
I AGREE. [Name] The Invincible was cool back when Crawmerax was the only one with that name.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I AGREE. [Name] The Invincible was cool back when Crawmerax was the only one with that name.
Crawmerax was "Invincible" too? That's 3 of them! Sort of over doing it on that aren't they? Still...Pete?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Man, I can't even beat Hyperius with the Bee/any gun I have, so I don't think I'll fare much better against Master Gee or Pete. Why would Gearbox give them millions of points of health (no exaggeration)? Nerfing the Bee shield (I know it isn't nerfed yet) would be like pouring salt in the wound.

I will attempt to use the Baby Maker and maybe the Deliverance and Gunerang on them with the relic later on, but until then I'll be leveling up my other characters.

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #14
UCK038

UCK038's Gamercard
i can help you with beating pete and helping you level up faster if you need the help
UCK038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #15
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
I solo this guy with my siren.

Bee shield. Tediore Shock SMG for his shield, then Baby Maker reloads with all my SMG ammo, then Conference call until he's dead.

I try to spawn Spiderants only and use Terramprphous grenades to wipe them out.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
You really have to stop falling for the bait so easily, Nevander. He is doing it for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of you because your responses to posts like that tend to be 'entertaining'.
So in other words he's trolling my trolling? TROLLCEPTION.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
Enter The Nutty

I ended up beating him with Zer0.

Guns: Electric Infinity, Slagga, Conference Call, Norfleet
Relic: Blood of Seraph
Grenade: Homing Quasar
Shield: Alkaline Bee
Class Mod: Legendary

I use the Infinity to blast down his shield quickly while he is slagged from the Slagga. The Grenades are good on the enemies when you need to turn the wheel, and are electric so if Pete is near by it will group everything together and deal some damage to him.

I would pretty much just run around circles. Slag him from distance and Conference Call him til it wears off, rinse and repeat. When I needed to turn a wheel he was always on my ass, so I would go into Deception and hit him with the Kunai on the way by to the other side of the room where I would start the process over. The Norfleet was good for clearing out the mobs, and a cheesy second wind, when things got hectic. Sometimes it seemed like I was constantly fighting to survive rather than beat a boss, lol.
Enter The Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
Darkness727420

Darkness727420's Gamercard
just beat him today, jumped up to the ledge then begin shooting until he jumped up there to, got down and i guess you can get him stuck with an invisible wall on the ledge because he kept jumping straight up and fall to the side as if he is hitting a wall. got all the way in the back diagnol from him. from there he might still hit you but not all the time. and the spiderants got to level 66 when his health bar had a quarter left. but as long as you got the bee and a good launcher you can take care of those spiderants easy. just about an hour probably more. i should not that when he jumps up there, he might not always get stuck. just save quit and try again, also when your in the cornor you should crouch and id advise not to use a luancher when there... blew myself up. hope this helps

Darkness727420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #19
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
An hour, really? I did the same thing with the Bee and CC and killed him in like ten minutes. If he jumps back down, just jump back up and vice versa.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #20
Darkness727420

Darkness727420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
An hour, really? I did the same thing with the Bee and CC and killed him in like ten minutes. If he jumps back down, just jump back up and vice versa.

Im not being a dick when i say this, but i dont care, i killed him now i can move on and wait for this patch for gee. Doesnt matter how, as long as its done. If it wouldve taken 4 hours it wouldnt have mattered to me. Good for you though and thanks for your "input" i guess. Oh and i did jump back up and down but i guess in my ge he got unstuck and unable to get stuck aain until i save quit and go back

Last edited by Darkness727420; 12-09-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Darkness727420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #21
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
I had a weird thing happen today while fighting Pete. Instead of him getting stuck on the ledge by the 2 pillars, he actually got stuck above the glitch ledge on the platform above with the fence thing going around. I just kept throwing my turret out and then my Deliverence shotgun (Thanks to "Fand3nsOld3mor") wow was that a nice treat.
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #22
Blaqk Majik

Blaqk majik's Gamercard
Going to kill Pete and Hyperius right now. Anyone want in send me a message on XBL. You can keep the loot, I'm just doing it for the BA challenges.

Blaqk Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #23
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles123 View Post
Im not being a dick when i say this, but i dont care, i killed him now i can move on and wait for this patch for gee. Doesnt matter how, as long as its done. If it wouldve taken 4 hours it wouldnt have mattered to me. Good for you though and thanks for your "input" i guess. Oh and i did jump back up and down but i guess in my ge he got unstuck and unable to get stuck aain until i save quit and go back
Dude, I wasn't bragging, like another guy said below he can do it in three minutes. I just don't understand how we're using the same stuff yet it takes you an hour, I'm using a Mech too so I'm definitely not high DPS or anything.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
I feel bad if I don't go through him in less than 3 minutes let alone 10!!!!
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #25
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
I'm glad I got my 15 kills on Hyperius and Pete. Which actually sucks, I have all of the challenges, loot, quests, and achievements for the Torgue DLC done.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
DannyBeaver07

DannyBeaver07's Gamercard
finding him difficult myself, ridiculous amount of health and a massive shield, his corrosive attack just destroys me, im using a fire bee shield to combat his flamethrowers though
DannyBeaver07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #27
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBeaver07 View Post
.. his corrosive attack just destroys me,..
You can dodge this Attack by simple breaking the Line of Sight

I make for the most farming Bosses (Terra / Hyp / Pete) new Videos after the Bee / CC Patch.

For you, Pete with breaking the LoS.

Regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
This is the best way to do it.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
You guys and your precious Bee shields....

Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #30
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

You guys do mean for vault hunter mode, right? Cuz on normal I had no trouble earlier today with regular weapons...
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote