PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead > Episode 5: No Time Left
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
[SPOILERS] Ending Discussion

I'm interesting to see how different people's endings were (if at all).

Whilst I suspect Lee is either killed or left to die by everyone there might be some difference in the post credits scene. I had Clem in a field looking at two figures in the distance, a bit disappointing to be honest.

Also I felt this chapter was the shortest by a long way, little over an hour. No real closure just a set up for the next season.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Definitely the shortest chapter. No choice you make affects the post credits ending. It's the same for everyone.

Cut Lee's arm off.
Lost my temper with Kenny.
Kept some of my items from the stranger.
Had Clem kill the stranger.
Had Clem shoot me.

Went by myself unintentionally, couldn't convince anyone. Didn't have Ben with me in episode 5.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 11-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhostUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
Definitely the shortest chapter. No choice you make affects the post credits ending. It's the same for everyone. I don't remember what the all stats were at the end but I:

Cut Lee's arm off.
Had Clem shoot me.

I don't remember what the rest were so if someone posts them then I'll add them to my post.
I had the same except I also discarded all my items with the stranger.
CrimsonGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
AlexandyrZho

AlexandyrZho's Gamercard
Choices in Ep 5.

Had your arm cut off? Yep

Calmly argued with Kenny? Yep

Gave up all items to the stranger? Yep

Didn't kill the stranger? Yep

Made sure Lee didn't turn? Yep

I had Omid and his girlfriend, and Kenny with me. Kenny sac'd himself for the chick. Got the same ending with Clem wandering a field and then seeing two figures in the distance.
AlexandyrZho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
wesker82

wesker tasos's Gamercard
same ending to be honest i was disappointed it was way to short
wesker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Van Hooligan X

Van Hooligan X's Gamercard
I'm slightly confuzzled by the very end with Clem sitting on the log.

Who were the 2 people in the distance, why was Clem just staring at them, what does it meeeaaan?

Completed games: 102
Retail: 56
Arcade: 46

Name and shame list(People who don't boost back):
Irish Milliant
Van Hooligan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Fully Avenged

fully avenged's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandyrZho View Post
Had your arm cut off? Yep

Calmly argued with Kenny? Yep

Gave up all items to the stranger? Yep

Didn't kill the stranger? Yep

Made sure Lee didn't turn? Yep

I had Omid and his girlfriend, and Kenny with me. Kenny sac'd himself for the chick. Got the same ending with Clem wandering a field and then seeing two figures in the distance.
Exactly the same ending as this gentleman here. The ending really made me curious. I guess I'm supposed to believe its Omid and Christa, but I have to wonder if I'm wrong there. Anybody else have any guesses?

Either way, I've already guessed we'll be playing as Clementine at some stage in Season 2, although I guess that depends upon whether its the same area/group.

I'm so sad to see Kenny gone to be honest, I really hoped he'd survive. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be back in Season 2, although somehow I doubt it...

EDIT: Also, I agree, I'm very disappointed that whatever you do makes no difference to the ending. Seriously, Telltale? This experience was emotional, but if you can tie different episodes to each other, why not different series? The ending should change and it should change things in Season 2. It would be excellent.

Fully Avenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
Cut Lee's arm off.
Lost my temper with Kenny.
Kept some of my items from the stranger.
Had Clem shoot me.
I made the same choices.

I also chose to go alone in the last episode, though everyone ended up going with me once I got to the house anyway. Kenny sacrificed himself for Ben.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #9
STILLBORN

DRxROCKSO's Gamercard
Does anyone else think at the end cutscene, Clementine is back at Hershel's farm and is watching the fight between Rick and Shane?
STILLBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Warpath Lord

Warpath Lord's Gamercard
Damn, that story was just a masterpiece. Hardly any game/movie/book/whatever has ever gotten to me so emotionally.

Pretty disapointed that Kenny sacrificed himself for actually nothing, Ben was going to die anyway, shoot him in the head and let's get the fuck out of her.

On one hand it sucks that, no matter what you did, the ending is the same. But on the other hand, if they were many different endings, there would be no real ending for this story and it wouldn't be as intense as it had been.

Hopefully the two people in the distance are Omid and Krista.

Can't wait for Season 2.

Last edited by Warpath Lord; 01-03-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Warpath Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
Aaron15

L AZZAA L's Gamercard
When you see the two people in the distance, one turns back to the other and Clementines faces changes as if they done something?
Aaron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #12
Warpath Lord

Warpath Lord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron15 View Post
When you see the two people in the distance, one turns back to the other and Clementines faces changes as if they done something?
Yeah, her look was very disturbed/scared/uncertain. Hard to interprate what could have happened or why her faces changes.
Warpath Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
WhiteWolfDamo

whitewolfdamo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLBORN View Post
Does anyone else think at the end cutscene, Clementine is back at Hershel's farm and is watching the fight between Rick and Shane?
I like that idea, much how Glen was in episode 1 it would be really cool if the TV series would/could give a nod to the game, maybe mention Crawford, or have Lilly cameo.

I couldn't really see myself what the two characters in the distance were doing (bad eyesight and all) so can't decide if Clem was scared of something or she was internally scared/debating about whether to call out or not, casue once that bridge is crossed and she's attracted their attention, there's no going back.
WhiteWolfDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
JelmerF

JelmerF's Gamercard
Yeah, too bad Molly was gone so quick. Hope she comes back.

But sh*t, I completely missed that ending. When the credits started, I went back to the menu. Never realized there was a clip at the end with Clem. After reading this thread I looked it up on youtube, and the tears in my eyes came back. Hope she's ok, that little cool girl.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
What an ending....was hoping cutting off Lee's arm helped. Really sad Kenny died too.

Altair Ibn-La'Ahad

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #16
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
What an ending....was hoping cutting off Lee's arm helped. Really sad Kenny died too.
I was also sad that kenny died. I was with him throughout the whole game... I thought the ending was really good also...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Cammulder

Cammulder's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelmerF View Post
Yeah, too bad Molly was gone so quick. Hope she comes back.

But sh*t, I completely missed that ending. When the credits started, I went back to the menu. Never realized there was a clip at the end with Clem. After reading this thread I looked it up on youtube, and the tears in my eyes came back. Hope she's ok, that little cool girl.
And that is why, in this day and age, I always sit through any movie or game's credits. I just assume that there will be a little extra tacked on at the end. And I gotta say, when there isn't anything, I'm a little .
Cammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #18
gladiator00

gladiator00's Gamercard
I am trying to get my friend to play this masterpiece but he won't budge. The ending had me clutching my tv screen yelling WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!! my game of the year.
gladiator00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLBORN View Post
Thank you! I thought it was Rick and Shane too but didn't see anyone else talk about this. Clem has a worried look on her face...not sure she would look that way if she knew it was Omid and Christa. I think it's too obvious to have the people be Omid and Christa...if that was the intent, there's no reason to obscure their images.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I was trying to find a clip to post from the TV show that would show the similarities...but it seems hopeless. I do remember they showed Shane and Rick walking on a hill in silhouette though it was more nighttime than what Clem experienced (dusk). But I still feel this is a more intriguing and plausible ending. Sure, we had Hershel and Glenn to tie in the TV show, but the whole point of post-credit scenes is to lead into a tie-in or sequel of sorts. To know that Clem could have joined the TV show's crew but decided to run off instead after watching Rick kill Shane would be dynamic!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
Drazer76

Drazer76's Gamercard
This is set in the comic book world as opposed to the tv series world.
They are completely separate universes, so similarities there wouldn't mean anything I'm afraid..

Similarities to that scene and some from the comic book however..

Last edited by Drazer76; 08-28-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Drazer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
Kaching101

Kaching101's Gamercard
awww

dam i dyed
Kaching101 is offline   Reply With Quote