Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Mopey

Mopey Pi's Gamercard
This game is good

Hi.

The title pretty much sums it up. We have a bitching thread, but not a 'I like this game' thread. No matter how hard you hate it from time to time, eventually you come back and play it. That's what I like about this Halo.

343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point. At all times, it's a good amount of EXP I have to gain, but it's not impossible and there is always something that makes you want to get there.

I have been playing with the DMR almost every time now. When I grinded it to Master, I will use the BR. Or maybe the Carbine? Or Light Rifle? Whatever I choose, it will be something else that keeps me playing the game and gives the game the chance to keep it fresh.

The loadouts keep the game fresh, as well. Do I want to sprint to get the best stuff in the beginning of the game, or do I want to hide with camouflage, or just blaze through everything (bad idea) with an offensive loadout? I can adjust it anytime I want, either in the menu or ingame, and that's great.

Slayer gametypes give me the chance to respawn anytime I want. I don't have to see someone hump my corpse, I can get right back into the action. I don't even have time to throw my controller out of anger - I just jump right back in.

Flood is just as I wished it to be since Halo's community invented 'Infection' (read: Zombie) in Halo 2, CTF finally gives me the chance to wield a pistol with the flag (even though I still don't know how to hell to throw the flag away when I picked it up?!), 343i made it Big Team Slayer and not Big Team Battle (with objectives), we get a fair amount of EXP even if we lost a match and people who don't like to fight each other in War Games just play Spartan Ops and get fun missions, too.

Those fun missions reminded me a lot of those 'this part rocks!'-thoughts when playing Silent Cartographer in Halo: CE. A quick fix of action and cooptimistic playing. The campaign is intense and the cinematics are just gorgeous.

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but the game is just what the Halo franchise needed, and this magic was needed badly.

So what do you like about the game?

Last edited by Mopey; 11-26-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Mopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
HuskyHuscarl

C0MPLY 0R D13's Gamercard
I like the different take on the campaign.
I like the funness of multiplayer (As always)
The Flood gametype
Spartan Ops is pretty good as well!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
ruslan74

Send a message via MSN to ruslan74 Send a message via Skype™ to ruslan74

ruslan74's Gamercard
I really enjoyed the campaign tempo, the twists in the story and specially the ending.

Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.

The MP aspect is fun with friends on whichever mode you are best at.

I think 343 have made an excellent entry into the universe Bungie placed into their hands.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
343i just made it right. I like the fact that I don't have to get 50 million 'credits' to the next rank at some point.

So what do you like about the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan74 View Post
Graphically the game has also placed itself as a benchmark on the X360 even though the console is almost 7 years old.
These two posts are spot on.

Some other things I like:
  • The entire Campaign
  • Matchmaking still has that core gameplay - Dominion & Team Oddball are great additions
  • Spartan Ops is really starting to pick up
  • Endless Commendations to work on, which is always a plus for me

Of course, there are numerous things I am not satisfied with, i.e. ordinance drops, join-in-progress, lack of small based maps. I am enjoying the game nonetheless.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.

Last edited by BiggD; 11-26-2012 at 07:42 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I will list my 3 favorite things about the multiplayer:
  • The animations of my feet when I look down are p. realistic
  • I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself
  • The MP isn't very good guys I can't lie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
I like that it's not Reach which was way to much catered towards noobs.

I hate that it's not Halo 3, which was catered to the more skillful players.

A full 1-50 ranking system and competitive gametypes is a must if they want to keep the population for this game.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
  • I can basically camp forever on Ragnarok in camo with ordinance priority since I can drop power weapons on myself
So you're the guy!

Love:
  • 98% of Campaign, I truly enjoyed it
  • Spartan Ops is fun as hell with friends and really looking forward to the remaining episodes.
Not as much love:
  • Campaign and MP are buggy as hell.
  • The ending grenade "fight". Not cool 343, not cool.
  • MP not fun, agree with Gheuh there. It's not Slayer, it's SpawnDie.
Spawn, get run over by a ghost.

Spawn, get shot by a sniper.
Spawn, get run over by a ghost driven by a teammate.
Spawn, sniped again.
Spawn, get run over by a hog driven by a teammate.
Spawn, assassinated.

Got my 20 wins, honestly don't think I'll go back to it.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I will list my 3 favorite things about the multiplayer:
  • The animations of my feet when I look down are p. realistic
  • The MP isn't very good guys I can't lie
1. Try spinning around while looking at your feet. They can't keep up and it looks like your body's twisted beyond reason.

2. Not too sure what slot Ordinance Priority uses, but if you can use AA Efficiency with it, you'd be able to camo twice as much as it doubles your AA recovery rate!

3. Gotta agree with you there.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan74 View Post
I really enjoyed the campaign tempo, the twists in the story and specially the ending.

The MP aspect is fun with friends on whichever mode you are best at.

I think 343 have made an excellent entry into the universe Bungie placed into their hands.
Yeah nice to read an enthusiastic response for a change, 343i have for the most part done the fans and franchise proud. Halo & especially Cortana have never looked better.

4 was a good fun entry a few minor things I was a little let down by like the lack of funny lines from the grunts, the lack of noticeable scoring + announcer in spartan ops, spartan ops afk abusers and dull choice of 4v4 maps. Nothing though that couldn't be fixed or overlooked at making it my favorite game of the year.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I didn't like Reach having credits to rank up, seemed to take ages and I got bored at Captain or something. Enough for the achievement.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Multiplayer is awesome and the campaign is always fun
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote