PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which ending did you pick?
Save your friends (GOOD) 275 84.36%
Join Citra (BAD) 51 15.64%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Which ending did you pick? *SPOILERS*

Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
11.11.14. Halo 2.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherion View Post
I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.
That's how I saw it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Didn't trust the tribe so I saved my friends (even though I wouldn't have been able to save friends without their help).

Looked up the "evil" ending online and like it much better
Most Recent: World of Keflings (W8)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I chose the Citra ending and it was very hilarious! First person sex with Citra while she chanted her tribal rituals was very creepy....and sexy!

Though I am not used to be stabbed immediately after sex. Ah well, there's a first and last time for everything!

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good ending. Not because I had any concern for Jason's friends, I just got tired of Citra and the tribe bullshit... And Dennis. I wanted to stab Dennis long before the end of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.
Youtube is a thing...

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
I choosed to save them, she kinda turned into an incredible b*tch at the end, oh well maybe it´s because primitive monkeys those rakyads were anyway (except Denis, he was really cool).
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo View Post
Chose the Citra ending.

Glad she killed me though. I wasn't going to pay child support to that crazy woman.
Talk about some Black Widow shit up in that island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwe View Post
I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

But, I'd love to see a third option. In this one, you could say to Citra just before dying; "Citra, I have AIDS..."
I wonder if that's what happens if you punch in the Konami Code after she stabs you in the chest!
CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Lol, I should try just in case, one never knows!

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
I picked the staying with Citra ending.

The reason? It is the most realistic from Jasons perspective, in my eyes. Obviously earlier posters disagree.

You say all missions are about saving your friends. Your wrong. About 33% through, citra asks...what do you want. Jason replies, to save my friends. Your lying, citrq says. What do you want. To kill vaas and Hoyt.

Jason changes throughout the game, from a wimp wanting to save his friends and escape, to someone who has lost his mind and is consumed by hatred and revenge. The game is about the road to insanity, not redemption.

just the way I saw it. I believe Jason would of done anything to stay with citra and the island. Not because he loves either neccsarily, but because the island has consumed him.

Even if it meant sacrificing his friends.

The good ending would of made sense, if you took the whole insanity storyline out, but with it, it just doesn't.
Last Achievement : Repaid In Blood - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One) - 10g
Last 100% Completion : FIFA '15 (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #12
Cancerman1120

Cancerman1120's Gamercard
In some ways I did not like that there was a choice at all. You are never given a choice at any other point in the game. I would prefer the developers to just tell the story they want. My reasoning is this. The game tried to make you feel like you were "changing" into a different person but they fail to go all the way. Once you decide to stay they needed to just go fully down that rabbit hole and have the 2nd half been full on screwed up. When they put Riley into the mix and saving him this completely screws the choice part at the end. Why would you not save your friend when you spent the last 3rd of the game planning on a way to save your brother? It makes no sense. NOW if they eliminate the brother part and go full on psycho for the last half then that choice becomes less clear but I think they should have just eliminated that choice and gone with the Citra killing you ending. That is the perfect ending and the other ending is the cop out (even though it was what I chose).
Cancerman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #13
Cancerman1120

Cancerman1120's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
I picked the staying with Citra ending.

The reason? It is the most realistic from Jasons perspective, in my eyes. Obviously earlier posters disagree.

You say all missions are about saving your friends. Your wrong. About 33% through, citra asks...what do you want. Jason replies, to save my friends. Your lying, citrq says. What do you want. To kill vaas and Hoyt.

Jason changes throughout the game, from a wimp wanting to save his friends and escape, to someone who has lost his mind and is consumed by hatred and revenge. The game is about the road to insanity, not redemption.

just the way I saw it. I believe Jason would of done anything to stay with citra and the island. Not because he loves either neccsarily, but because the island has consumed him.

Even if it meant sacrificing his friends.

The good ending would of made sense, if you took the whole insanity storyline out, but with it, it just doesn't.
I already wrote my piece but I wanted to reply directly to your post. The last mission is saving your brother NOT killing Hoyt. He may want to kill Hoyt and Vaas but they throw his thought to be dead brother in at the end to mess it all up. They should have let him stay dead and make the end a revenge story.
Cancerman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #14
vannie4christ

nutterbug's Gamercard
Both endings were good, but I of course try to go with the good side.
vannie4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #15
AU Unit

AU Unit's Gamercard
Choose to save my friends. I'm a man of my words. Also Citra creeps me out...
AU Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Heh, I think it's funny that I find myself in the vast minority and picked the Citra ending. My reasoning is that the girlfriend was pretty annoying the whole game, and I just wanted to see if he would actually slit her throat. I went into it as "which is going to be crazier and would be most entertaining to see?" I think I went the "good" way there.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Fearbeard

Fearbeard's Gamercard
I chose to kill Liza and stay on the island. I thought the ending would be more entertaining. I think it was.
Fearbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #18
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
I made a duplicate save before entering the temple I'd heard about a choice at the end. Initially I saved my friends, when Jason wanted to stay before it was because he wanted to not because citra went bat-shit portugeuse woman crazy. If the ending choice was stay or leave with your friends not dying I would have stayed for sure, still not getting why citra kills you either some black widow shit or something. But the jokes on her jason shoots blanks from all the drugs!! waah waaah WAAAAHHH
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I chose to save my friends and just watched the other ending on youtube..I'm happy with my choice.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #20
charincol

I quit out at the choice, duplicated my save, then picked both endings.

Since I chose Citra the first time, I voted for it.
charincol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #21
Rev0Knuckle

Rev0Knuckle's Gamercard
Chose Citra and although I kind of regret it and for some weird reason feel guilty about it, it's a game ffs why is that!!? Anyway after all the shit that went on in the game there were definitely worse ways to go out!

I will most likely do another play through next year and go with the morally sound choice. Hopefully there will be some single player DLC by then too to put a new spin on things.
Rev0Knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 AM   #22
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I picked Citra, only to avoid the generic ending story line of saving everybody.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
Wiihalofan

Send a message via AIM to Wiihalofan

Bertman502's Gamercard
Definitely went with the good ending. Even though Jason changes throughout the game, his hunger for violence is still directed toward killing the men who hurt his friends. He may seem out of control, but I think the mission where you interrogate Riley, beating the piss outta him, he realizes just what he has become: a monster. Siding with your friends was much more satisfying because of this I think.

[/U]
Wiihalofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #24
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Loved reading everyone's replies as soon as I finished the game. Most of you have a good sense of humor

Anyways, I chose to save my friends for 3 simple reasons.

1. Even though Jason tells Citra that all he wants is to kill Vaas and Hoyt, his true intentions are to save his friends and get off the island with them safely.

2. I wasn't diggin' the whole 'warrior' theme that Citra was trying to push on you. Yeah, the tattoos were nice but they didn't make me feel 'connected' to the tribe.

3. I felt that the whole 'insanity' theme died when Brody killed Vaas.

*As entertaining as the second half of the game was on the second island working with Sam, it just wasn't as special as actually saving the four of your friends and trying to outsmart/outrun Vaas on the first island.

The only highlight for me on the second island was when Sam got killed. I liked him, his personality. It was upsetting to see Hoyt kill him.

Overall, I couldn't slit my girlfriends throat. If I was in Jason's position, I would just want to save them and get the fuck away from the Rakyat. They rubbed me the wrong way the moment you find Dennis inking up your arm.

Oh...and speaking of Dennis...what a fucking dumbass. I actually LOL'd when he stabbed Citra. Fucking tribal idiots.

EDIT: Looked up the 'Bad Ending' and I can't help but laugh at Citra stabbing Jason. Kinda a shitty ending!! Oh, and would any of you think that Jason and Liza still together after they leave the island?

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 01-09-2013 at 02:34 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #25
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I saved my friends, this tribal rakyat thing was getting on my nerves. Good thing to have at least fucked that bitch Citra though! Been there done that...

Achievements completion : 99,41%
Gamerscore completion : 99,43%
Retail games completed : 76/80
I'm a completionist!!!

Looking for partners to boost Saints Row 1 mp achievements

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
Aiden 514

Aiden 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I saved my friends mainly because Citra's voice annoyed me.

If you send a friend request, please send a message saying you're from here
Aiden 514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
I think the two endings are either right (save your friends) or wrong (stay with Citra). If you choose to stay with Citra you've lost the game. You've been taken by the island and you are no better than Vaas. You're never given any worthwhile reason to stay on the island.

Last edited by OxygenJunkie; 01-16-2013 at 03:11 PM.
OxygenJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #28
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
I picked the good ending, it made no sense to throw away everything I worked for and join Citra. Besides, I would have had to stay on the island with Dennis. No thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
B4rtt S

B4rtt S's Gamercard
I didn't trust Citra so I chose the good ending
B4rtt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #30
Pain Immortal

Pain Immortal's Gamercard
i thought it would be cool to be the chosen warrior and killed all my friends, than i watched in youtube the other ending and thought, oh snap why i didnt picked the other ending and saved my friends