PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Bitching Thread

EDIT: Now that I have relaxed, I cleaned up the language. I just had to get it out but don't like to leave it here. At least I have a conscious.

EDIT 2: This is a follow up to let you all know, I finally managed to get the achievement. As soon as I tried landing on the little platform going backwards, I nailed it. Just lol...

---

Cannot believe this whole time no bitching thread was made. Well, the Riders of Doom DLC made me create it.

Not really here to bitch about the game itself, not even the tracks or something in the actual game. I'm here to bitch about the achievements and how they design them.

The golden wheel achievement. It's simple. Hit a bunch of ropes with a sparking wheel to light them, GOT IT. Go to try it, IT'S NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK!

Where to begin.

The sparks are at least a foot or so wide, so why the hell can't the sparks reach the rope from a foot away? Why must the sparks be RIGHT above the ropes? Speaking particularly about the third rope where your back tire has to hit it.

Why the hell can't you light your front wheel as well? Would be much nicer to be able to hit that third one with the front wheel. Too easy you say? Who cares?

Now on to the last one. Why in hell does the last one have A HOLE THERE? Where even after hitting all of them, you can screw it all by crashing into a hole that they decided JUST HAD TO BE THERE!?! The hole isn't enough. They also put a board facing towards you there so if you hit the board below correctly, but bounce too high, you smack your face on it. That got me just now. Out of all the attempts, this NEVER happened until now. Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Now the way the checkpoints work. This 'do the thing without faulting' is dumb. Why must I not fault? To make it harder? Seems like the only reason. Since in the editor, you can set things to not reset in checkpoint restarts, which means the sparks on the wheel, the other ropes being ignited, and the fact that you crashed, can all be ignored by one simple setting in the track making process. Why do they not do that? Why do they make them reset? I dunno, to make it HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE MAYBE!?!?!?

Going out of my mind here trying to do this. Sick of the way the Trials achievements are, and I'm sick of RedLynx's designs.

Shove the platinums up your ass since those are completely out of my league.

This DLC has made me HATE this game. Before when I had the 500, I loved it. Now it can burn in hell. Trials HD too, with that stupid Marathon achievement. Somehow I did the Donkey Challenge. How can I do that but not light 6 stupid fuses on a medium track? Only RedLynx logic...

/end rant

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 04-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
LOL nice thread. To be honest the platinum one is gonna bug me, some of them are okay, but to do all of them is gonna take a lot of practice.

It is nice to see some tougher achievements as the original 400 were really simple, so anyone with the full 600 will have to have a lot of skill.

Also, to help with the red font in the OP, Fuck!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love the game, but the achievements are the reason I didn't buy any of the dlc. I'm an average trials player, so There's No way in hell I'd get the dlc achievements!!

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You're doing the last rope a harder way. That's why you're having trouble. Go to Maka's guide to see how I suggested you to do it and see it you have any better luck.

All of these achievements are obtainable if you play Trials often enough. One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #5
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.
That's what I'm talking about, messed up logic. They say to pass ONE extreme track, "you can do it!" And yet, you have to get platinum on ALL tracks except the extremes which is tons harder. Only RedLynx logic...

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 01-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #6
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I know one thing, this guarantees that I will get a lot more play out of Evolution. After I got the original 400 I barely touched it to be honest, after playing HD for over 300 days going for Marathon Man(according to 360voice). I reckon that will now be beaten by Evo with the Platinum achievement.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
LaserPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
I love the game, but the achievements are the reason I didn't buy any of the dlc.
Are you serious? If you really "LOVE" the game, then go buy that DLC because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Fuck those achievements, man. Not playing a game because of it's achievements seems a bit dumb to me.
LaserPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserPanther View Post
Are you serious? If you really "LOVE" the game, then go buy that DLC because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Fuck those achievements, man. Not playing a game because of it's achievements seems a bit dumb to me.
I can't even finish 1 extreme track, so dlc would be a waste

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Each dlc has 3 - 4 extreme tracks, majority are easy to hard. From someone who struggles just to finish an extreme track both dlc's have given me hours of enjoyment. Quit making excuses.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Eh, I bought Origin of Pain DLC during a recent sale, even though I probably won't get many achievements from the list, the maps are kinda fun. I like the bike you get aswell.

Anyways, speaking of extremes, I hate that fucking second to last checkpoint on the wreck. 3 times I've gotten there and I still fail it. I can't even find a good guide for how to do it. All's I see is replay's of it done and expecting us to know how to do it from that..
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
justinman114

Justinman114's Gamercard
This is the type of game where if you get angry and lose your cool, you will NEVER get better. You have to be patient and learn from your mistakes and you will get it done. Nothing comes easy, that makes it all the more gratifying in the end.
justinman114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
tugboatman

D3L1V3R4NC3's Gamercard
No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........
Trials is and has been about trial and error, repetitiveness and persistence just go with it you will get better if you learn from your mistakes trust me... I was rubbish when I first started Trials HD and now I've got times inside the 50... Practice, practice, practice

1.ACHIEVEMENT :
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed.

It doesn't say ACHIEVEMENT :
Given to someone because they think they deserve it

And @kyboy if you enjoy the game so much don't let a handful of tracks put you off getting the dlc mate there are many awesome tracks (as well as user made tracks) that you are missing out on. If your having fun with the game get more of it, it's worth it!!!!

Trials Evolution
Bronze : 79
Silver : 79
Gold : 79
Platinum : 78

SEND A MESSAGE WITH FRIEND REQUESTS OR THEY WILL BE IGNORED!!!

Last edited by tugboatman; 01-23-2013 at 12:44 AM.
tugboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboatman View Post
No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........
[...]
My only problem with these achievements lies with the one for getting to round 15 in Neverending Trials. In their other achievements they make a points you don't need to plat. any Extremes, or even Gold skill games. Then they throw in the one for Neverending Trials. Plat. on that skill game is 12 rounds. You have to go 15 after they make such a big deal about not needing any plats. on Extreme. Now not only do you have to Plat. an Extreme but go three rounds past the medal's requirement.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
T675 Sparky

T675 Sparky's Gamercard
Big difference between getting platinum on ALL extremes/skillgames or just ONE though. I've got to agree with tugboatman on this one. The UEII achievement has a lot of luck involved with it, none of the individual levels are as hard as getting platinum on an extreme track (or even some medium/hard tracks for that matter), but you do need to be very consistent with your riding techniques to get to 15.
T675 Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
slmmzy

slmmzy's Gamercard
It annoys me how you have to speed run the first extreme in ROD to get under platinum time. Really easy to 0 fault but really annoying to do at speed and hit all the timesavers.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #16
mfisher9977

FIISHERR's Gamercard
I love this game. But its so frustrating!
mfisher9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #17
mfisher9977

FIISHERR's Gamercard
Any tips for landing on inclines? I passed every extreme track but my biggest flaw is preventing the bounce when landing on inclines. Ughh
mfisher9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #18
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher9977 View Post
Any tips for landing on inclines? I passed every extreme track but my biggest flaw is preventing the bounce when landing on inclines. Ughh
You'll almost always bounce, but I feather the gas and lean forward.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote