PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
tpb

StalwartSnake's Gamercard
New Character make anything a lot of work?

Thinking of starting a new character, want a Mage rather than warrior. If I do, what achievements will take ages to do? I've already completed the main game.

tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
If I recall correctly here is how I recall it from my play thru split into two characters. In total I spent 383 hours to get all trophies (PS3). Working on Xbox version now mainly for DLCs.

If you already have achievements those are done. You can do factions aka thief's guild, dark brotherhood with different characters. The main story needs to be done in one , however if you have done it you only need to do parts of it to progress the story. To get best Mage you want to do the Winterhold story complete.

NOTE: some of these can glitch and will glitch so save often.

Oblivion walker daedric artifacts needs to be done all under one. collect 15 daedric artifacts. 30 points. You need to be level 30 to do some of these (some are lower level) there are 16 both don't rely on that , I did not manage more then 15. Follow the guide in the sticky.

I split my game into two characters , it was on ps3 , however it works the same on Xbox.

Master is level 50 that takes awhile.
Thu'um master learn 20 shouts takes awhile 40 points
You need 100,000 gold can be easy! 30 points
You need one skill to 100 if you only need a few high then easy- takes awhile. 40 points
Delver clear 50 dungeons level 40
Explorer discover 100 locations , I don't think you need to clear them I forget, sorry.
Standing stones 13 of them , unless it is fixed you don't need to find them all as going to them again counts , forget how it worked as I got it and did not see all of the on map.

Dragonslayer is main story and take awhile if you have not done it yet! 50 points
so you only need to do some main story ones

Example if you done dark brotherhood achievements then no need to repeat, unless you want to, same with thiefs guild, civil war, companions.

Each factions has 3 achievements so any missing ones you need to complete. You need to however start from square one aka at 1st achievement and get all 3 in new character.

One with the Shadows - 30 can take a long time
Thief - 30 Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets , you need to be a good pickpocket to get this.

Will update above if time permits

NOTE read thru the achievement sticky
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=341623

Last edited by ecto69; 01-06-2013 at 12:28 PM.
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
The lazowski

THE LAZOWSKI's Gamercard
Nice choice on being a mage. I have a mage file and I found it to be the easiest to do everything in the game because enchanting allows you to do basically whatever you want. Just get the conjuration perk where bound weapons automatically use soul trap and keep all of your soul gems.
The lazowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
Cpt Slaughter
A Personal Contractů

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't think it does. I have an Orc as my second character that I glitches up to level 50, I used him for any missable achievements. I got Oblivion Walker with him, and I want to get the last two achievements (House owned in Raven Rock, and Stalhrim Crafter.)

"My Sun...is setting... It's dark.....so dark."

Cpt Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
E11I077H

ThatCoolTroll's Gamercard
Mage Tips

Also, try doing the Black Star quest, by going to the Shrine of Azura. You can obtain the white star and keep non-sentient souls inside, so that will be great for enchanting and recharging weapons.

Also if you have the Dawnguard DLC, pick up the story questline and get the Royal Vampire Armour (gives a 125% boost of magicka). The College of Winterhold also has bits and pieces of apparel for Magicka or some sort of magic related boost.

The mage, is the best not my personal favourite (i love archery ), try and learn some restoration quick though, because personally i love having the safeguard of infinite (desp. magicka) health regeneration.

Hoped these tips help, and if not have a good time on your new char
E11I077H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
buggss

The only 2 achievements I still haven't done (mostly because they hold no interest for me) are the vampire lord and werewolf feats ones.

If you're as uninterested in these 2 beast forms as me, they might take you forever as well.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote