PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
mines of moria in under 15 minutes??

just wanted to know if anyone has any tips on doing this? its 1 of my last 2 achievements so im nearly there lol
gully89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
LV 233

bawj's Gamercard
Just use the exploit. Clear your HDD cache, don't download update, start the level(story not free play) and collect a few studs, and save and exit.
LV 233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
what like delete my save? check my hard drive and the only thing theres my save, hmmm, is that what you mean or am i way off haha?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
No, you would need to clear the cache on your hard drive. I HIGHLY recommend you look up what this entails before doing it however.

Also, LV 233 forgot to mention that you need to beat the level first and then re-play it in Story Mode before grabbing a few studs and exiting will get the cheevo to pop.

But keep in mind this method does not work at all unless you didn't let the game update or you clear your cache.

I found it purely by accident on release day and posted it to TA solutions. Traveler's Tales has since patched it so people have commented their on way to get around the patch.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
found on youtube how to delete my cache, take it alll the games i play at the moment will just ask for an update again and i just click no for lord of the rings, might be better clearing the cache for any games i dont play, thank you
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Shivettez

Shivettez's Gamercard
is it possible to do it without the exploit?
Shivettez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
killerkilbee12345

THE FEaRED's Gamercard
Arrow too long

it may be doable but look how may cut scenes there are and that they all have game play between them. i think it is well doable in 20 mins but i think that if you try again and again you will get the felling for the level and that you get gradually faster at it therefore giving you the achievement that you need
killerkilbee12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
MysteriousEaglet

Hyper Text MaLe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcellon View Post
Don't you then have to be logged out of XBox to play the game (without the update)? If you login, won't it automatically reinstall the update. I hate having achievements that just say, "Unlocked" with no date stamp because they were done offline.
I know what you mean. When I first started getting Achievements, I didn't know a thing about that, but ever since, I've tended not to play if I didn't have Internet access (with few exceptions) because I like to know when I unlocked it.

It is possible to get this without any exploit; I've done it. I actually thought I was over the time limit based on when I had started the level, but then I got to the end of the level, and it unlocked. I just know I moved through as quickly as I could, even though I thought I wasn't moving as quickly as I needed. I don't know if cutscenes somehow make a difference in the time.
MysteriousEaglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #9
Twisteness5

twisteness5's Gamercard
Easier than it sounds

When I first did this, I thought it was going to be a big hassle, but honestly it wasn't. All you have to do is not care about studs, treasure, minikits, etc. Just focus on doing only the things you have to do in the level. I did this in under ten minutes (I was watching a clock) without any tricks besides "don't go for the useless items".

Hope I helped.
Twisteness5 is offline   Reply With Quote