Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
tbociego

tbobaneado's Gamercard
Mounted Guns kills not registering?

Hi Guys

Im most of the way through the game and trophies now and the only tatau I need for the fully inked up trophy is '10 mounted gun kills'. Problem is I am locked on 9/10 kills and despite using a number of mounted guns on boats, cars and stationary ones I dont appear to be able to get the last 1 kill i need

So I guess the question is - I killed too many with mounted guns, now Im on the second island

How have people with cheevo been getting there kills and has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Cheers
tbociego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard
Cool

Entirely possible that this simply glitched up for you. As soon as I found a "mounted gun", I used it to obtain my 10 kills before moving on. I only had the first set of tatoo's unlocked at that point and was simply trying to do as much as possible before I moved further into the game.

I got my Pistol kills at the same time.

I suggest you perhaps create a second save and see if you can obtain the kills in a new file? If you can, then it's likely your first file is simply glitched. There have been a lot of reported glitches to do with the skill tree from what I've read.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #3
loxim

Loxim's Gamercard
I got this from stealing one of the SUV's with the mounted gun on it. Try using that and seeing if it works.
loxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
It is also worth saving after every couple of kills to make sure they are locked in. I am fed up of getting flame thrower kills then accidently dying or getting eaten by a crocodile, going back to check the stats and find the flamethrower kills haven't counted.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Aprosa

Send a message via ICQ to Aprosa

iWitness NL's Gamercard
Did you manage to get the last kill? Mine is also stuck at 9/10

Aprosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Mine is also stuck on 9/10. Ugh. I know I've gotten more, because I had 9 before I started the mission where the guy flies you over to the Southern Island. There is a mounted machine gun right next to the plane and I probably killed 5-6 guys just right there. (Unless that isn't considered a mounted gun?)

edit -- I got it last night! On the Southern Island, there is a Rakyat Trial called "Overheat". It is essentially you, sitting on a mounted gun and shooting baddies. Phew. I thought the game was glitched on me.

Last edited by Eggnogga; 09-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
1001puppys
Dark Souls II Mastery

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Subscriber - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I've gotten about 15 kills from enemy outpost mounted guns and I still have 0/10. If I find a jeep / boat with a mounted gun, I'll try to get some kills with it and let you guys know if it works

[Click Here for my Top 20 Games of the 7th Gen!]

I finally have each unique weapon and shield in Dark Souls II! -----> [Weapon/Shield Album]
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote