PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Minesweeper
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Overview
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
- Offline: 4/4 (50)
- Online: 0 (0)
- Approximate amount of time to 50: 10-20 minutes
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 Easy, 1 Medium, 1 Hard Board
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
- Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes (Must play all boards)
- Glitchy achievements: None
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed?: Windows 8

Controls:
-Click a tile to unveil it.
-Hold a tile to "flag it"
-Hold a flag to mark it as unknown
-Hold an unknown tile to unmark it completely.

Playthrough:
-Easy Board:
Start by selecting the easy board, and just continually click anywhere on the screen until you hit a bomb to unlock "Happens to Everyone". At the Game Over screen, select the option to view the board, and use a camera or "PrntScr" to save this image. Now go back, and select the option to play the same board again. The bombs will be in the same place. Go through the board using your picture, and click on all the non-mine spots without using the flag to unlock "Good Start" & "Good Memory".

-Medium & Hard Board:
Once completing the easy board, start a medium board. Use the same tactic as before, by failing on purpose, taking a picture or screenshot, and then replay the board avoiding all the mines. Once you do both of them, you will get "Savior of the World". If it does not unlock, replay them again just in case, and back in and out of the game.

Savior of the World - 15
Win a game on each board size

Use the picture/screenshot method detailed in the roadmap and the "Good Memory" achievement to complete the Easy, Medium and Hard boards. Once you complete each one, you will get the achievement. The hard board is quite large, so take your time using flags here and be careful. If you fail, just do the same board again until you get it, the bombs will stay in the same place as long as you don't choose "New Game".

Good Start - 10
Complete a minefield for the first time

See "Good Memory"

Happens to Everybody - 5
Trigger your first mine

Just click on tiles in a game board until you hit a mine to gain this achievement.

Good Memory - 20
Complete a minefield for the first time without using any flags

Start a game, and fail on purpose. At the Game Over screen, select the option to view the board, and use a camera or "PrntScr" to save this image. Now go back, and select the option to play the same board again. The bombs will be in the same place. Go through the board using your picture, and click on all the non-mine spots without using the flag to unlock this achievement.

Last edited by Maka; 01-10-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Minesweeper (W8) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
zaki785

Can u update the guide for the new achievements ?

thank you so much!
zaki785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
crabbycrabcrab

Reabo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Made two videos one for the new achievements

1-2-1 achievement

1-2-2-1 achievement

Completed Retail (146)
: Guacamelee (Xbox one)
Completed XBLA (79): The Walking Dead Season 2
crabbycrabcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #5
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
Crab - nice vids for 1-2-1 and 1-2-2-1. They were very helpful!

Here are a few more tidbits if you're looking for some guidance:
  • Greedy: Gather 10,000 gold in Adventure mode.
    This will easily unlock before finishing level 20. On the home screen of the app, Statistics are on the far right. This is tied to the Total Gold Gathered stat. If, like me, you have already played Adventure Mode enough to get more than 10k gold, it will pop at the conclusion of your next level.
  • Monster Hunter: Defeat 100 monsters in Adventure mode.
    Which Door Was It?: Open 100 doors in Adventure mode.
    Won't unlock by level 20. The number of monsters and doors ranges from 0-4, with an average of 2 or so. You can also check this in the Statistics section of the app. I had 33 monsters and 20 doors when I finished level 20.
  • Wins At Your Back: Win one Daily Challenge every day over the course of a month.
    If this is like the Taptiles achievement, you must play the Daily Challenge every day for 30 days and win one of them. Playing past days won't count toward the 30.

Last edited by zszaiss; 01-15-2014 at 04:01 AM.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
zszaiss

zszaiss's Gamercard
For the Monsters and Doors achievements, I followed a tip from TA that worked well. Instead of proceeding to level after level after 20, just play Level 1 repeatedly. Your progress saves once you die or complete the level. If Level 1 has no doors or monsters, just use the menu to restart.

I was able to finish both achievements in about 2 hours. The hardest part was that the game would occasionally crash when I died and not give me the option to restart.
zszaiss is offline   Reply With Quote