Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Hishoa

343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

Here you is, DarkReign. =-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot Interview
Halo 4, the first numbered entry in the series developed outside of Bungie Studios, won praise across the board and generated $220 million in day-one revenue. Despite this success, developer 343 Industries said that it suffered a handful of setbacks with the game, promising future entries will be better.

"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better," Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor said in a retrospective blog post. "And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor said there were a "ton" of things 343 wished it had done better with Halo 4, including the implementation of features that didn't make it into the final game, various glitches that surfaced, "DLC fiascos," and communication breakdowns.

The developer didn't only focus on the negatives in the blog post, admitting that "for a first effort, [Halo 4] wasn't half bad." Bright spots during the development of Halo 4 included the formation of a tight-knit development team and the overhaul of the game engine, he said.

O'Connor further explained that stepping into Bungie's "oversized" shoes would have been a challenge for any developer, noting the venture "terrified" the team at the onset. However, as the studio grew and 343 Industries began to feel comfortable, those fears were quelled, especially once Halo 4 finally hit shelves in November.

"We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success," O'Connor said. "So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time."

O'Connor didn't lay out any specific plans for the future of the Halo brand, though he specifically stated that 343 Industries is capable of doing something "genuinely amazing" on next-generation hardware. Microsoft has previously confirmed Halo 5 and Halo 6 by way of announcing the Reclaimer Trilogy.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/343-nex...better-6402200
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Better be Halo 2 Anniversary.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Better be Halo 2 Anniversary.
Please no...I had enough times with those jackass snipers.
Actually...I love Halo 2 too.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Sayam

sayamstitches's Gamercard
Ok so he's saying we screwed up we won't fix this one, this halo was just to keep you happy while we work in the 720 title!!
Sayam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Acknowledging their faults and promising better future titles.

Good stuff, Frankie. Hope these guys can deliver. Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014, Halo 5 in 2015. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I personally had no problems with Halo 4 and I thought it was fun and I feel 343 did a pretty damn good job taking over for Bungie. I do like how they have admitted mistakes and are saying they will be better with the next one.

I dont doubt that the next Halo title from them (Not Halo 2 remastered) will be even better than Halo 4.

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
They said the same thing about Halo 4.....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayam View Post
Ok so he's saying we screwed up we won't fix this one, this halo was just to keep you happy while we work in the 720 title!!
It's not going to be called Xbox 720... look it up! 720 sounds like no originality and we'd be better off calling it 365.

Now if they did happen to launch Halo 2 Anniversary onto the next Xbox, that's the only game I'd need! That's all I played on the original, and Conker of course. =] I'll be happy really with any Halo, besides an RTS

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
It's not going to be called Xbox 720... look it up! 720 sounds like no originality and we'd be better off calling it 365
it's widely known they're not going to call the next console Xbox 720, it's simply a place-holder name until the official name is released. considering the official name is not released, it makes sense people are referring to it as "xbox 720". However, it does you no good to tell someone to "look it up" when the first 200 hits on google convey a message completely different than the one you've expressed.

go ahead, [x]* "look it up"!

*click it

edit: I would prefer Xbox 720 to Xbox 365, actually.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-05-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
Dcfisher

Hippo Op's Gamercard
Hmmm

If the next xbox is coming out soon I wonder if Halo 5 will be a launch title or close to launch to sell the next xbox. I hope it will be much better than Halo 4 which was great. I have not enjoyed a game like this in a long time. Here is hoping.

Last edited by Dcfisher; 01-25-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Had more to say.
Dcfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:15 AM   #11
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcfisher View Post
If the next xbox is coming out soon I wonder if Halo 5 will be a launch title or close to launch to sell the next xbox. I hope it will be much better than Halo 4 which was great. I have not enjoyed a game like this in a long time. Here is hoping.
Doubt it. Halo 5 won't be out until 2015. If they make a Halo 2 Anniversary, that won't be out until 2014 (10 year anniversary).

If rumors are true, the new Xbox will be arriving this Holiday season. With that said, it's suggested that launch titles will be Modern Warfare 4 and/or a HD Remake of the Halo Trilogy.

Just some insight. All rumors though. But Halo 5 will for certain not be a launch title.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Doubt it. Halo 5 won't be out until 2015. If they make a Halo 2 Anniversary, that won't be out until 2014 (10 year anniversary).

If rumors are true, the new Xbox will be arriving this Holiday season. With that said, it's suggested that launch titles will be Modern Warfare 4 and/or a HD Remake of the Halo Trilogy.

Just some insight. All rumors though. But Halo 5 will for certain not be a launch title.
Halo 2 Anniversary might as well be in that Trilogy Remake....
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #13
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
Halo 2 Anniversary might as well be in that Trilogy Remake....
Guess I kinda didn't clarify myself. But yeah, Halo 2 would be remastered if it were apart of the HD Trilogy. But if it were to be it's own Anniversary game, it wouldn't come out until 2014.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #14
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
New xbox this year is a possibility, but I don't see it happening until at least next year. They might surprise me though. What I do know is they won't release a Halo HD trilogy. Halo 1 has already been done (and thus would piss off too many people if they tried to release it again so soon) and Halo 3 is already in HD and looks gorgeous as it is. Halo 2 is the only title that stands to be given the HD treatment. With Anniversary the graphic overhaul was amazing and I definitely see 343 wanting to repeat the process for Halo 2, but honestly I would be okay with a basic graphical overhaul. Unlike Halo 1, which had blatantly dated graphics, Halo 2 did not. It was one of the best looking games on the original Xbox and were it not for the lack of HD, would probably still look better than a handful of the games coming out for the 360 now.

At this point, they absolutely have to release a Halo 2 HD release. I took time earlier today to readjust my CD Binder and built in a spot for Forward Unto Dawn that came in the mail today and set a spot for Halo 5 and 6. I also went ahead and made room for Halo 2 Anniversary, so they bloody well better do it!
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
New xbox this year is a possibility, but I don't see it happening until at least next year. They might surprise me though. What I do know is they won't release a Halo HD trilogy. Halo 1 has already been done (and thus would piss off too many people if they tried to release it again so soon) and Halo 3 is already in HD and looks gorgeous as it is. Halo 2 is the only title that stands to be given the HD treatment. With Anniversary the graphic overhaul was amazing and I definitely see 343 wanting to repeat the process for Halo 2, but honestly I would be okay with a basic graphical overhaul. Unlike Halo 1, which had blatantly dated graphics, Halo 2 did not. It was one of the best looking games on the original Xbox and were it not for the lack of HD, would probably still look better than a handful of the games coming out for the 360 now.
I had thought at first that it would probably be coming out 2014 Holidays, but I'm almost convinced it's due to come out this year. Halo 2's graphics were good for it's time, no doubt, but they're still dated and an HD Remake would be great. It'd be fun to see the Prophets, Tartarus, Gravemind and everything else HD.

A Halo 3 Remake isn't necessary at all, I only bring up a Trilogy HD Remake because someone made a thread a while back about a rumor behind it.

Halo 2 HD looking better than most 360 games? Maybe...but doubt it. Have you played L.A. Noire? Easily the best graphics on the 360 to date, IMO at least.

Anyways, I hope the do a Halo 2 Anniversary, it's my favorite Campaign in the franchise and it'd be nice to do it all over again.