PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Game Info

Bellevue, WA, July 14, 2006 - Valve, developer of the blockbuster series Half-Life and Counter-StrikeTM, unveiled Team Fortress 2 and Portal, two new games to be included in its next release, Half-Life 2: Episode Two. In addition, the studio announced its plans to deliver these products, plus enhanced versions of Half-Life 2 and Episode One, in one tremendous package for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
"By evolving our development process to an episodic approach, we're able to reduce risk from things such as schedule and funding and invest more in new types of gameplay," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "This allows us to produce innovative titles such as Portal and Team Fortress 2 and deliver them in a timely fashion to customers along with Episode Two."
Episode Two advances the 16-million unit selling franchise, as Valve's trilogy of episodic single player releases continues the award-winning story of Half-Life 2. Armed with new weaponry and vehicles, Dr. Gordon Freeman must race through a countryside riddled with an increasingly feirce Combine threat.
Team Fortress 2, an all-new version of the title that spawned team based multiplayer action games, features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date. Players choose from a range of unique character classes such as medic, spy, sniper, or engineer and must work together to complete a variety of tactical objectives.
Portal is a new type of single player game that changes how players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment in a manner similar to how the Gravity Gun changed our approach to how an object may be leveraged in any given situation.
Team Fortress 2 and Portal will be included with all retail and Steam versions of Episode Two for the PC. In addition, these products plus Half-Life 2 and Episode One will be available in one tremendous offering for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. New videos from Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2 will be released next week.
About Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2 has been named Game of the Year by over 35 organizations and sold over four million copies worldwide. The intense, real-time gameplay delivered in the Half-Life 2 games and Team Fortress 2 is made possible only by Source, Valve's proprietary engine technology.
About Valve
Valve is an entertainment software and technology company founded in 1996 and based in Bellevue, Washington. The company's portfolio of entertainment properties includes Half-Life, Counter-StrikeTM, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress and Portal. Valve's catalog of products accounts for over 20 million retail units sold worldwide, and over 80% of PC online action gameplay. In addition, Valve is a developer of leading-edge technologies, such as the Source game engine and Steam, a broadband platform for the delivery and management of digital content. For more information, please visit www.valvesoftware.com

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
Mathewh

HellaBoss's Gamercard
just watched the trailer for this one..

and it looks really great! i've never played the game before, but based on the trailer, i am really looking forward to picking this one up.
Mathewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 AM   #3
Chris764

Chris764's Gamercard
yea half-life kicks ass im gonna get this one for sure
Chris764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #4
x RedEmPtioN xX

Send a message via AIM to x RedEmPtioN xX

x RedEmPtioN xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yea, i cant wait for this game. I loved all the other Half Life games and im sure this will be just as good as all the other ones!!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
Eyeradicate

EYEradicate's Gamercard
So there's supposed to be achievements worth 1000 on two of the other games and the others for 200?

]
Eyeradicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
Keytta

Send a message via MSN to Keytta

Keytta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was wondering how they were going to do the achievements for a pre-existing game converted for 360. If they are able to do this for Half-Life, I wish they would find a way to give achievements for completing original XBox games.
Keytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #7
MaGiK LRA

layziebone99's Gamercard
ob

the orange box is an interesting game i enjoy the puzzle game portal its stimulating the brain.

Last edited by MaGiK LRA; 10-13-2007 at 09:01 AM.
MaGiK LRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #8
Valkynaz

I had no doubt that TOB would be a huge success. Half Life 2 and Far Cry were like the best PC FPS out there.
Valkynaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
ImAKing1987

Im A King 1987's Gamercard
Can you get all the achievements if you rent it? I probably gonna buy this game but if it could be 1000/1000 in a rental then I could put my money else where.
ImAKing1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKing1987 View Post
Can you get all the achievements if you rent it? I probably gonna buy this game but if it could be 1000/1000 in a rental then I could put my money else where.
i seriously doubt it. maybe if you've got nothing else to do for a week, but even then... there are FIVE games in the orange box, almost 100 total achievements, and some of them are really under-rewarded for their difficulty levels.

i've had the game since about christmas, and so far i've gotten all achievements in hl2, ep1, ep2, and all but the three "science" medals in portal for doing all the challenges and winning gold. sadly, i don't have live (yet) so the tf2 ones are a no go...
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
ImAKing1987

Im A King 1987's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
i seriously doubt it. maybe if you've got nothing else to do for a week, but even then... there are FIVE games in the orange box, almost 100 total achievements, and some of them are really under-rewarded for their difficulty levels.

i've had the game since about christmas, and so far i've gotten all achievements in hl2, ep1, ep2, and all but the three "science" medals in portal for doing all the challenges and winning gold. sadly, i don't have live (yet) so the tf2 ones are a no go...
Well now that you put it that way...lol. Thats a lot of achievements! I really want this game, but theres a ton of games coming out this year that are Must Have. How long do you think it will be before it gets a price drop? I hate that you dont have online arachnophilia, thats why I think that developers should be more thoughful when making there achievements. I didnt have live for ALONG time and had already sold Full Auto and Tony Hawk AW and now cant find them anywhere. Well I guess The Orange Box will just stay on my long ass "to get list" .
ImAKing1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #12
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
is this game any good??
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #13
ChiefBurner_3_SE

BumbleBeexCBx3B's Gamercard
Love all these games in one awesome package, can't wait for HL2: Episode Three and Portal 2.

I love TA as well as xbox360achievements.

Games 100% Completed:
I currently have 21 completed games according to TrueAchievements (19 retail and 2 arcade titles)

ChiefBurner_3_SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 AM   #14
JohnsoNBCJ

JohnsoN BCJ's Gamercard
very informative...thank a lot!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Flexmando

Flexmando's Gamercard
Cool

Best shooter games ever!
Flexmando is offline   Reply With Quote