Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Official Bitching Thread

If you have any complaints about the game whether it be co-op, difficulty or just plain old bitching, Do it here

MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
My only complaint is the people bitching that game has co-op, I think it was an awesome addition to the series and i personally won't be touching single player unless an achievement sends me there

Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm just upset about no save stations right now, but other than that I'm good for now. Next thing I may bitch about it how Hardcore/Pure Survival/Classic mode works and or how I can't do them in co-op, if so.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRifleIsBroken View Post
My only complaint is the people bitching that game has co-op, I think it was an awesome addition to the series and i personally won't be touching single player unless an achievement sends me there
and also bitching about the game not being scary..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
I think I ran into six different topics or conversations about Micro Transactions yesterday alone. The game hasn't come out and people are expecting another ME3, which is to be expected with EA but still.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
I never picked up on there not being save stations, how could i of missed that, does it just autosave then? Also i think you will be able to do the modes in co-op but 1 of them is probably gonna be solo only for an achievement

Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
they may have had to change up the way saves are done because of the co-op..i know when i was waiting for my friend to join my game it kept saying something about waiting to get to a checkpoint..

Old 01-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #8
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Quote:
Beating classic mode achievement requires that you play the game solo with only original weapons and aiming from Dead Space 1.

Quote:
It's funny, the people who bitched Hardcore was too difficult in DS2 are complaining that DS3 has co-op, Surely that makes hardcore easier now
Hardcore is supposedly harder now in that you can stop anytime you want when it autosaves and resume later, however if you happen to die at any point, you have to start all the way from the beginning of the game. BUT...there is reportedly a workaround in that you will be able to back up your save to a USB device & use that if you die. So if that's true, then perhaps it is easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive200 View Post
Really don't like universal ammo, survival horror is suppose to be guns with limited ammo but then again this watered down survival horror.
Then pure survival mode is for you. There are no ammo, medkit, or stasis pack drops. You have to craft everything.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
Beating classic mode achievement requires that you play the game solo with only original weapons and aiming from Dead Space 1.

Hardcore is supposedly harder now in that you can stop anytime you want when it autosaves and resume later, however if you happen to die at any point, you have to start all the way from the beginning of the game. BUT...there is reportedly a workaround in that you will be able to back up your save to a USB device & use that if you die. So if that's true, then perhaps it is easier.

Then pure survival mode is for you. There are no ammo, medkit, or stasis pack drops. You have to craft everything.
If all the above is true

Hardcore will be a joke then since you can abuse backing up your save every 5-10 mins

Pure survival would be pointless since i assume you keep your stuff from previous runs of the game so i could have so much ammo in the bank and in my inventory and if not i could have a friend join me and drop it to make it even easier.

Last edited by MyRifleIsBroken; 01-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
fivebyfive200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Universal ammo was only for demo purposes and this demo only shows 20-30 minutes of a 10-20 hour experience. It's not watered down at all, these parts are simply just more action filled that the rest of the game more than likely.
No, the game has Universal ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post

pure survival mode should be how like the other dead spaces was
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-pl...alhoun20130124

one of the producers answers some questions about the game..

Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Funny thing about Universal Ammo, is that people will still create the most viable weapons. You can create all the fancy weapons you like, but it still needs to be worth the effort.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
and yeah he says universal ammo due to weapon crafting and the amount of weapons you can make..

he also says the monster you fight in the demo is a lot harder in the actual game..they just dumbed it down for the demo..

Last edited by cutterk73; 01-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #14
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Woahhh. Co-op I don't mind but the game is designed for SP for the scares ect. Adding another person take it all away and changes the game completely

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
ckleckner

ckleckner's Gamercard
I can only speak for standard mode so far but ammo is universal. and the microtransactions atleast the ones that are available so far are for the supplies u need to create parts and ammo. and as for the achievement people you have to play co op if you wanna get 1000g in this game. to unlock retro 8 bit mode you have to beat the game on hardcore.

and saving hardcore to usb every 10 min would really get on your nerves after a while of constantly going to home just to move ur save.

ckleckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleckner View Post
and saving hardcore to usb every 10 min would really get on your nerves after a while of constantly going to home just to move ur save.
Not mine.

I would rather back up my save every chapter or so to save myself further pain. I will remember where I should backup from when I play through on Normal my first time.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #17
Darkflame

Hayvock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Not mine.

I would rather back up my save every chapter or so to save myself further pain. I will remember where I should backup from when I play through on Normal my first time.
Exactly. I remember for DS 2 people came up with 3 perfect times to save including the disc switch.
Darkflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
With the addition of co-op now, which requires you to have the season pass (so no Gamefly rental, no used copies) and now the explanation of the new "microtransactions" I will now be skipping this game.. which is a total shame really.. I enjoy the series, and was going to gamefly it.. but that option is now gone.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #19
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
With the addition of co-op now, which requires you to have the season pass (so no Gamefly rental, no used copies) and now the explanation of the new "microtransactions" I will now be skipping this game.. which is a total shame really.. I enjoy the series, and was going to gamefly it.. but that option is now gone.
you dont HAVE to play co-op..its an option..

Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #20
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
you dont HAVE to play co-op..its an option..
If you want to 1k the game you do have to play it co-op.. hence you need the online pass. Also they didn't add split screen.. which they say would ruin the immersion of the game.. but come on.. it's to ensure people buy the online pass. the Devs do this on purpose, they know some gamers will spend the money regardless. This will continue until people stop buying the game

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
fivebyfive200

before anyone makes some BS up, companies get money from games rental but you can't play online
Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #22
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
before anyone makes some BS up, companies get money from games rental but you can't play online
I would agree.. a company like Gamefly probly buys 1000's of copies of the game but dish out none of the online passes.. which again forces the gamer to buy the pass

Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
samjpulley

bullsbehad's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:

This is very true, I was a Store Manager at a Movie/Game rental company, and we paid an obscene amount for games from the publisher...some times over $80 if it was hot...then we either sold them used or returned them to the company once the rental frenzy died down after 30-45 days.

The Passes are clearly there to prevent rental companies from doing this, but I think it kills the market. We already pay for Xbox gold...then to buy a pass too...kinda BS...but I get why it's done, I just think it happens at the expense of the multi-player community. Will be currious to see how next gen changes all of this...I fear it won't be for the better.
samjpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
MadGodNerevar

MadGodNerevar's Gamercard
Quote:
If you want to 1k the game you do have to play it co-op.. hence you need the online pass. Also they didn't add split screen.. which they say would ruin the immersion of the game.. but come on.. it's to ensure people buy the online pass. the Devs do this on purpose, they know some gamers will spend the money regardless. This will continue until people stop buying the game
you'll only have to buy the online pass if its second hand
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
fivebyfive200

but this day 1 dlc packs on top of the in-game purchases. They should charge to reload your guns
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #26
Emzx99
Banned User

Emzx99's Gamercard
Except for the achievements, which is why you would be on this website. Retard.
Emzx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:
and the devs/ publishers care nothing about you skipping renting the game/ buying used as it loses them very little money relative to the extra they recover from the passes other people buy.

No matter what anyone says they get FAR less of a return per user on rentals than on purchasers (& no return at all on pre-owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
That and the pre-release griping. Game isn't even out yet peoples. Play the co-op or not, pay for Microtransactions or not. The game ain't even fucking out yet. Wait and see if it's crap before you say it's crap.
So much this.

Last edited by H2O; 01-28-2013 at 02:03 PM.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #28
vader359

my only bitch is that ive noticed some of the optional side missions are co-op only. which kinda sux if you want to get all achievements. other than that its an awesome game. not perfect but then the other two werent either. also i think it would have been a good idea to allow you to play through the game as either issac or carver.

Last edited by vader359; 02-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
vader359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #29
Arcane Paradise

Send a message via Yahoo to Arcane Paradise

Arcane Paradise's Gamercard
This isnt reallly bitching too much, but, I will admit I am not the most talented gamer, but did anyone else get their ass handed to them in the Disposal Area side quest? The fights in there just did not end, I could not save health packs or ammo to save my life, I beat the quest, I never died, but I was on the ropes the whole time, the bigger/darker versions of those axe wielders do not go down easily.
Arcane Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #30
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Paradise View Post
This isnt reallly bitching too much, but, I will admit I am not the most talented gamer, but did anyone else get their ass handed to them in the Disposal Area side quest? The fights in there just did not end, I could not save health packs or ammo to save my life, I beat the quest, I never died, but I was on the ropes the whole time, the bigger/darker versions of those axe wielders do not go down easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Paradise View Post
I was bummed by that as well, but I got me a Plasma Cutter/Blow Torch combo that is quite effective, get some good circut upgrades and the Cutter becomes more useful, not outstanding, but useful.

Fire is a blessing in this game.
Hey man please EDIT YOUR POSTS in future, thx:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=180508

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote