PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage > The Scorchers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Whats the trick to making quick money with Jackpot?

Could someone please explain to me what is the best and easiest method to make money with Jackpot? I never got into card games as a kid and I have no clue as to what Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Full House, or Straight even means. I really wish modern games like this and Dead Rising 2 would leave this shit out of games that have nothing to do with the genre.

I keep hearing that this is the fastest and best game to make money on but I beg to differ, I can make more money on that hologram game outside Outfitters in Wellspring than I do with this shit. Maybe if I knew anything about card games it would help but unfortunately I don't. All I do is try to hold on 2 of a kind unless I see 2 more like cards then I go for two pairs.

WTF am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain this to someone who is completely ignorant of card games? I fucking hate them and I never bothered to even learn the rules.

Last edited by Delow317; 02-01-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
See, for example, the Wikipedia article on poker hands.

Jackpot seems heavily weighted in the players favor, as getting a pair of jacks or better is quite common. It also likes setting up flushes and two pair. Depending on how much money I have, I start at about $25 until I hit either a run of two pairs or a flush, then increase the bet by 5. Unless you get a pair on your first hand, prioritize face cards, as these will have a greater chance of not losing money if paired. If you see four cards of the same suit, you can attempt a flush.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherion View Post
See, for example, the Wikipedia article on poker hands.

Jackpot seems heavily weighted in the players favor, as getting a pair of jacks or better is quite common. It also likes setting up flushes and two pair. Depending on how much money I have, I start at about $25 until I hit either a run of two pairs or a flush, then increase the bet by 5. Unless you get a pair on your first hand, prioritize face cards, as these will have a greater chance of not losing money if paired. If you see four cards of the same suit, you can attempt a flush.
Thank you for the link. I was going to research what all the different hands were but I just thought someone here could just tell me off the top of their head what to look for. The Royal and Straight flush are what I really want, well those and four of a kind obviously.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Don't bother with straight/royal flush. Your best bet is to just try to get pair/two pair/three of a kind/full house/four of a kind, or maybe flush/straight if you're one card away off the initial deal.

I always bet 50. After the deal, if I have a single jack or higher (or a pair of 'em), I keep it (them) and throw everything back. Unless if I have a any lower pair, I'll usually keep lower pair and toss the rest, hoping to get to three of a kind. That's pretty much it. If you get to two pair, hope to get the full house. High pair/two pair/three of a kid hands should keep you around even, full house and 4 of a kind are your payoff hands. Don't bother trying for straight or flush unless you're one card away from the start, and even then your chances aren't great.

Just save when you get a payoff hand and/or reload if you hit a bad losing streak.

I have no problem making a few thousand in 10 or so minutes.

Last edited by vSully; 02-04-2013 at 12:52 PM.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #5
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSully View Post
Don't bother with straight/royal flush. Your best bet is to just try to get pair/two pair/three of a kind/full house/four of a kind, or maybe flush/straight if you're one card away off the initial deal.

I always bet 50. After the deal, if I have a single jack or higher (or a pair of 'em), I keep it (them) and throw everything back. Unless if I have a any lower pair, I'll usually keep lower pair and toss the rest, hoping to get to three of a kind. That's pretty much it. If you get to two pair, hope to get the full house. High pair/two pair/three of a kid hands should keep you around even, full house and 4 of a kind are your payoff hands. Don't bother trying for straight or flush unless you're one card away from the start, and even then your chances aren't great.

Just save when you get a payoff hand and/or reload if you hit a bad losing streak.

I have no problem making a few thousand in 10 or so minutes.
I'm sorry but I still don't understand what to do.. I have a mental block when it comes to these fucking card games and I remember why I always threw my arms up in the air when trying to understand the rules of poker as a kid.

I have been playing for a half an hour and I can barley get 1000 money made. Either you are totally exagurating about your claims of a few thousand in 10 minutes or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

To top things off, there isn't a single video on youtube that explains this. I hated this Poker shit in Dead Rising 2 and I hate it in this game.

Edit...

#1 I just did it again for another half hour and I got 2100
#2 I just did it again for another half hour and I got 4670

I have no idea how you are getting a few thousand in 10 mins. Anyways by the time you read this, I'll probably be in subway town so I can expose that glitch with stew and sell his items to the hot chick at the shop. I just have never understood card games and probably never will..

Last edited by Delow317; 02-05-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delow317 View Post
Either you are totally exagurating about your claims of a few thousand in 10 minutes or I'm doing something terribly wrong.
I'm not exaggerating. The trick is to play fast and know what you're doing. I've usually got the "keep" cards selected by the time the cards are finished being dealt each time. There's no down time for contemplation. I guess the fact that I've been playing poker for 20 years helps.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote