Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
KingAntz

KingANTZ's Gamercard
Lost everything!

Played yesterday and halfway through a session wanted change a gun and all my guns were gone!
This morning there is no save game at all everything is gone!
Anyone else had this happen?

The same thing happened to me on Halo 3 and ODST as well
KingAntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The vanishing game save sounds like the 'graveyeard' glitch (though that's been patched).
I've never heard of someone's guns vanishing from their backpack mid-play?

And if it's affecting other games, maybe it's an issue with you console or HDD (or what ever else you use to save you data)?

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
KingAntz

KingANTZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
The vanishing game save sounds like the 'graveyeard' glitch (though that's been patched).
I've never heard of someone's guns vanishing from their backpack mid-play?

And if it's affecting other games, maybe it's an issue with you console or HDD (or what ever else you use to save you data)?
Well ODST was 2 years ago and Halo a few years ago and that was on the original shape 360's hard drive not the new shape...

at the same time it happened to my bosses games as well...
So if anyone else have experienced this with Borderlands before after they fixed it have their saved files come back or does this mean I am screwed now?
KingAntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Fand3nsOld3mor

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAntz View Post
Well ODST was 2 years ago and Halo a few years ago and that was on the original shape 360's hard drive not the new shape...

at the same time it happened to my bosses games as well...
So if anyone else have experienced this with Borderlands before after they fixed it have their saved files come back or does this mean I am screwed now?
It happened to me too, about a week ago. The save file has not reappeared, so I guess youre screwed. Unless you have a backup somewhere. Just wondering, have you had the game freeze in the loading screen lately?
Fand3nsOld3mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
breastfed

breastfed's Gamercard
this is happening to quite a few people, just spent an hour reviewing gearbox forums and there are loads of people experiencing freezing game save delte issues, a lot seems to revolve around uneven badass rank (im not sure if you can reset this yourself or if you have to earn more tokens to balance it out, real pain if you casnt reset as earning tokens at high badass level takes ages) either way people are losing save data.
personally im not even loading this game up until this has been sorted, too much of a risk too much too lose.
will update this thread if i find any confirmed news from gearbox until then play another game
breastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Fand3nsOld3mor

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by breastfed View Post
this is happening to quite a few people, just spent an hour reviewing gearbox forums and there are loads of people experiencing freezing game save delte issues, a lot seems to revolve around uneven badass rank (im not sure if you can reset this yourself or if you have to earn more tokens to balance it out, real pain if you casnt reset as earning tokens at high badass level takes ages) either way people are losing save data.
personally im not even loading this game up until this has been sorted, too much of a risk too much too lose.
will update this thread if i find any confirmed news from gearbox until then play another game
I balanced my badass bonus stats, and have had no more problems since. But it was a hell of a task, and I ended up creating a bunch of new charaters to get it done. My game froze to often for me to be able to play and earn the points the normal way... So I had a friend drop orange, purple and blue wapons in sanctuary, which I went and picked up, dropped, and save and quitted out with multiple new characters. That gave me a lot of points and fixed my game.
Fand3nsOld3mor is offline   Reply With Quote