PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Miss Allen86
 
Miss Allen86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 378

Miss Allen86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any winners yet for the DewXP Giveaway?

Just wondering if anyone was notified yet for the sweepstakes that Pepsi/Frito Lay was doing. I Know they did the drawings on the 7th, so it cant be much longer before winners are notified. I actually reached my limit of 750 codes and put them all into the Halo Xbox....hope I win.
__________________


Join my group - Survival Horror Lovers


Miss Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
chiapet
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Allen86 View Post
Just wondering if anyone was notified yet for the sweepstakes that Pepsi/Frito Lay was doing. I Know they did the drawings on the 7th, so it cant be much longer before winners are notified. I actually reached my limit of 750 codes and put them all into the Halo Xbox....hope I win.
have not heard any sweepstakes results myself. haha...i hope you didn't actually drink all that mountain dew and eat all those doritos yourself (you probably wouldn't be alive to post your message otherwise) . i'm still annoyed that i wasted a majority of my double xp on war games (i read the fine print, and it said was only valid for war games) instead of spartan ops. could've been much higher on my sr rank .
chiapet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
RBmaster9345
 
RBmaster9345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan State University
Posts: 3,019

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Holy shit I did way too much Doritos and Dew to get my measly 116 entries for the xbox. Fuck if there are so much as like 4 of you with nearly 7 times me then I'm fucked
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
LickableLemons7
 
LickableLemons7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,942

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I never redeemed a single XP code...so I know I won't be winning anything.

Best of luck to those that entered, hope you guys get something out of it.

Curious though, how do people manage to get their hands on so many codes?! Do you have to mug a random person that's topping off a Mountain Dew, and take the cap? Did you dig around in trash cans, looking for codes on Doritos bags? Seems like a lot of effort.
__________________
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
tripleb2k
 
tripleb2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 1,484

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I never redeemed a single XP code...so I know I won't be winning anything.

Best of luck to those that entered, hope you guys get something out of it.

Curious though, how do people manage to get their hands on so many codes?! Do you have to mug a random person that's topping off a Mountain Dew, and take the cap? Did you dig around in trash cans, looking for codes on Doritos bags? Seems like a lot of effort.
1 code = 6 tokens. I redeemed about 6 codes and used them in Spartan Ops (best bang for your buck IMO). Over the course of a few months, it wasn't a whole lot of chips.
__________________




tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I maxed out my points legit. 94% Mountain Dew Game Fuel, 4% doritos, and the remaining 2% from a couple guys at work that would give me their caps if they happened to remember. Hope I win. Fingers crossed on that Canvas Art. Supposedly it's worth some moolah and it would be a fine piece in my collection.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Miss Allen86
 
Miss Allen86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 378

Miss Allen86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
have not heard any sweepstakes results myself. haha...i hope you didn't actually drink all that mountain dew and eat all those doritos yourself (you probably wouldn't be alive to post your message otherwise) . i'm still annoyed that i wasted a majority of my double xp on war games (i read the fine print, and it said was only valid for war games) instead of spartan ops. could've been much higher on my sr rank .
Ha ha No I drink actually very few sodas and rarely eat chips but my brothers and BF on the other hand, their like monsters with junk foods. I was lucky to have a bunch of people help me out.
__________________


Join my group - Survival Horror Lovers


Miss Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
xxxxZIGGYxxxx
 
xxxxZIGGYxxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6

xxxxziggyxxxx's Gamercard
what a waste of money.
I have sop many bags of dorito's sitting around in my cupboards.
xxxxZIGGYxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
WORLDEATER
 
WORLDEATER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,238

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have been checking the DewXP site to see if they will have a list of winners up. I have yet to see it.
WORLDEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #10
Miss Allen86
 
Miss Allen86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 378

Miss Allen86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLDEATER View Post
I have been checking the DewXP site to see if they will have a list of winners up. I have yet to see it.
Yea Im beginning to believe this was a rigged sweepstakes. I had all 750 entries on the Halo Xbox and still haven't gotten any news about the drawings. Ive been searching online and really no one has any info on this yet. I'm about to call Pepsi Co and see if they know.
__________________


Join my group - Survival Horror Lovers


Miss Allen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Allen86 View Post
Yea Im beginning to believe this was a rigged sweepstakes. I had all 750 entries on the Halo Xbox and still haven't gotten any news about the drawings. Ive been searching online and really no one has any info on this yet. I'm about to call Pepsi Co and see if they know.
oh man, meme time

Quote:
scumbag stacy


Quote:
bad luck brian
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have to wonder how one gets 750 entries if you were only allowed 200 Double XP points. Especially since each code was only worth 1 entry whereas it was worth 3 or more Double XP matches. At most, you couldn't have more than... roughly 63 entries, correct? Unless I'm missing something here...
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #13
RBmaster9345
 
RBmaster9345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Michigan State University
Posts: 3,019

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I have to wonder how one gets 750 entries if you were only allowed 200 Double XP points. Especially since each code was only worth 1 entry whereas it was worth 3 or more Double XP matches. At most, you couldn't have more than... roughly 63 entries, correct? Unless I'm missing something here...
You could only credit 200 matches to your account total. You can still enter codes in, you just cant give your profile any more than 200 matches worth of 2xP. Meaning you could enter up to 750 freaking codes if you so like
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.