PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
bigbear2face

bigbear2face's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Legendary Skills?

Okay, most of you have probably seen the patch news by now.

(If you haven't here is a link to the news article: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...his-Month.html )

As part of the "Legendary" patch there will be a system put in place where you can make a skill "legendary" and set it back down to 15 (from 100). Your perks get taken out of this skill and (I guess) can be reassigned.

Essentially this eliminates the leveling cap.

So, who cares?

Honestly, once you're at the level cap and have good gear your Health, Stamina and Magicka don't matter at all. Unless you're going pure mage and limiting your gear to robes and stuff.

Is anyone actually going to make use of this as anything other then an opportunity to re-spec (without having to do the Dragonborn stuff)?

On the other hand, the Legendary difficulty setting sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe a current gen Elder Scrolls game will actually be challenging for once!

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130

Quote:
"You looked inside me and saw hatred. That is not victory. Victory would have been a good Dalek." -The Doctor
"I am not a good Dalek. You are a good Dalek." -Rusty

Last edited by bigbear2face; 03-04-2013 at 07:33 PM.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
If it makes Legendary Dragons show up more frequently (or at all), I'm all for it.

But I'd much rather they clear up whatever glitches are keeping the Jarl of Falkreath from selling me land, to be honest.
In these fora and in real life, I've had it explained to me that the only possible reason that I use proper grammar and an above-average vocabulary when I post/speak is because I want to make other people feel stupid.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
InfernoFrY

fernofry's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
By the sounds of it I think you can earn more perk points in the process. So in theory you can have every perk which I'm all for. But to be honest I'll just keep going legendary on smithing, enchanting, alchemy to max out on perks quicker.

Thousands of players
No subscription fee
3rd person action shooter MMO

Join the fight!
April 2nd 2013
InfernoFrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoFrY View Post
By the sounds of it I think you can earn more perk points in the process. So in theory you can have every perk which I'm all for. But to be honest I'll just keep going legendary on smithing, enchanting, alchemy to max out on perks quicker.
In theory.

I am wondering if you'll be able to re-reset a skill though, legendary skills wouldn't be very helpful for leveling up in the higher levels where leveling takes forever.

I am also interested in this "Legendary" difficulty, hopefully it does more than modify damage multipliers.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
Very exciting news. Apparently the update isn't live yet, this is my theory for now:

When a skill reaches 100, you have the option to turn the skill 'Legendary'. Think 'Prestige' like COD games. Only you can only 'Legendary' a skill once! Once a skill is marked legendary, it drops back down to 15, all points invested into said skill are put back in the players skill pool for reallocating, and you can begin building that skill back to 100.
As you progress the skill, you will gain more regular experience towards your overall character level which will unlock new levels and Additional skill points.

Keep in mind, at higher character level it takes more individual skill progress to level up overall. I also believe that you will only be able to Legendary each skill once. Soooo if you are level 81, maxed out, and reset all skills to legendary, ultimately recap all skills at Legendary 100, I believe you will only obtain enough extra xp to reach character lvl 100, thus adding an additional 19 skill points to allocate before you are maxed out again.
Of course, i could be wrong and the extra xp could push way beyond character lvl 100 +that many additional points. It just would seem like a perfect number to max out at, and if they scaled it correctly and playtested it for the last x months, it would make sense that it works this way.

Anyways, that is my hope. Thank you anyone who took the time to read that. Can't wait to see how it finally works! Please update us once someone has concrete info & or a working version
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
Just found this:
"From GStaff (Administrator on Bethsoft forums).

When you hit 100, you can make the skill Legendary. This is denoted on the menu by an Imperial logo (see screenshot). When you've done this, the skill is reset to 15 and you are allowed to redistribute your perks to whatever skill you want*. This allows you to try out perks you wouldn't have been able to before with levels essentially capping at 81. And since you can make skills Legendary multiple times over, you can continue to level up in the game to your heart's content.

*Note that you'll still need to attain the acquired Skill level for specific perks. For instance, if you made One-Handed legendary, you wouldn't be able to reattain the Bladesman perk until you reached level 30."

Still very exciting and kind of kills my theory but good to have a solid response !
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
Delirium1138

delirium1138's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayR2012 View Post
And since you can make skills Legendary multiple times over, you can continue to level up in the game to your heart's content.
So basically the level cap will be infinite as long as you have the patience to continue to level up these skills.

It's a cool feature they are adding in and I'm glad there is a way to gain more perks, but until there is more DLC I'm probably not going to bother leveling up my character past her current level of 81.