PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
Subscribe    Donate
Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
Quick links
Latest news
Apr 12, 2013 EA Montreal Lays Off Around 170 Employees
Apr 10, 2013 X360A Review: Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Mar 21, 2013 Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Launch Trailer Has Great Balls of Fire
Mar 16, 2013 Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Interview - Greg Rizzer: “The Michael Bay Experience is in Full Effect”
Mar 13, 2013 Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Demo Vid Goes Fist-Bump Boom

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Wanz1
 
Wanz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 474

Gamertag: Wanz
Review-'Co-op Served to Perfection'--4.5/5

Gameplay: 4.5/5

Visuals: 4.75/5

Audio: 4.5/5

Controls: 4.5/5

Value: 4.5/5

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
__________________

Last edited by jackanape; 04-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Wanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Nevander
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,009


Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just can't give anything a 5 eh? I personally give it a 5/5 and I haven't even gotten the full game yet.
__________________
I have moved to PC gaming, so I
won't be on Xbox LIVE anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
NeoOmegaDark
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19

Gamertag: xn1sx neo dark
Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;
You want Ao2, go buy The 40th Day
NeoOmegaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Gackt
 
Gackt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: サイバーパンク[ʞundɹǝqʎƆ]
Posts: 13,238

Gamertag: Elven Obscura

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   10,000 posts   Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOmegaDark View Post
Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;
You want Ao2, go buy The 40th Day
Calm down troll. Calm down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by madywilliams038 View Post
hello good morning i am bandana how are you.List of all the latest and new nokia smartphones. Nokia Finlands Nokia was founded in 1865.thank you.
LOL!!!!
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
cutterk73
 
cutterk73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 521

Gamertag: cutterk73
its hard for trolls to calm down when something gets their troll dander up..
__________________


cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
NeoOmegaDark
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19

Gamertag: xn1sx neo dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Calm down troll. Calm down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
its hard for trolls to calm down when something gets their troll dander up..
Maybe you should look at yourselves... I'm a troll for stating that the game loses out most of its charm in gameplay in favour of something more generic.

Think about the game if you remove the AI bot or your team partner, how would most of the game actually change? No revives, and no waiting on breaching. Overall, not much... in comparison the old army of two's it'd be a completely different game.
NeoOmegaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
Whateverman
 
Whateverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOmegaDark View Post
Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").
Most of what you wrote I do not agree with, but the look of Salem and Rios was fucked up.
Rios looked like a wimp this time around, and Salem just didn't work for me.
I'm glad we got to play as Alpha and Bravo because how Rios looked would have pissed me off bigtime. Loved playing as Rios in the previous AoT...
They should have given A and B better names though

Gameplay is what matters, and the game was fun as hell
7/10 if you ask me, and I hated the lack of story and still I had a great time. Started an Insane run, but gonna let the game get some rest and finish it in the next weeks. Bioshock needs some love too
Whateverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
DMichaels86
 
DMichaels86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 493

Gamertag: DMichaels86
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOmegaDark View Post
Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;
You want Ao2, go buy The 40th Day
I support this as well. It really was just a skin of Ao2, and the gameplay seems rather simplistic now. I just finished it, and what an awful ending. Totally cheesy and I saw it coming from the beginning, especially your "enemy". I'm pretty dissappointed myself.

Edit: I think the achievement title "Look mom, I made it!" speaks for itself.
__________________
125,000 G on 9/2/12
175,000 G with "Saw that one coming..." on 2/6/14

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg

Last edited by DMichaels86; 04-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
UberPirateNinja
 
UberPirateNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,344

Gamertag: UberPirateNinja

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
seems x360a don't agree

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...cartel/review/
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Gackt
 
Gackt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: サイバーパンク[ʞundɹǝqʎƆ]
Posts: 13,238

Gamertag: Elven Obscura

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   10,000 posts   Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by madywilliams038 View Post
hello good morning i am bandana how are you.List of all the latest and new nokia smartphones. Nokia Finlands Nokia was founded in 1865.thank you.
LOL!!!!
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns
 
jackanape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,625

Gamertag: jackanape

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Guide Writers Guild   Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.
I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.
__________________


jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
Gackt
 
Gackt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: サイバーパンク[ʞundɹǝqʎƆ]
Posts: 13,238

Gamertag: Elven Obscura

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   10,000 posts   Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.
Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by madywilliams038 View Post
hello good morning i am bandana how are you.List of all the latest and new nokia smartphones. Nokia Finlands Nokia was founded in 1865.thank you.
LOL!!!!
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
CounterInsurgnt
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 55

Gamertag: CounterInsurgnt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.
Duuuuuuuude, did you notice there were more options and features in the second game? Did you notice the second game was NOT pay to play coop? Did you notice the shit story in this game? Come on brah! Be real!
CounterInsurgnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns
 
jackanape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,625

Gamertag: jackanape

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Guide Writers Guild   Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.
This isn't a co-op game. You can have two people playing but the co-op aspects have been spectacularly nerfed to the point where you may as well just stand side by side and blast everything in sight.

The original AO2 and games like Gears actually require some teamwork, this game just requires that you spray an inordinate amount of bullets at enemies. Half the time I didn't even use cover - until I realised there was an achievement for it.
__________________


jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
SweptbackFlame
 
SweptbackFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 495

Gamertag: SweptbackFlame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.
I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.
__________________
SweptbackFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
DMichaels86
 
DMichaels86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 493

Gamertag: DMichaels86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptbackFlame View Post
I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.
And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.
__________________
125,000 G on 9/2/12
175,000 G with "Saw that one coming..." on 2/6/14

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #17
SweptbackFlame
 
SweptbackFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 495

Gamertag: SweptbackFlame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMichaels86 View Post
And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.
20 seconds more then any of the previous games lol...
__________________
SweptbackFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #18
ashlyhoney9
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8

Gamertag: yes
It was an underated cheap movie imitation.


ashlyhoney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 PM.