PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Wanz1

Wanz's Gamercard
Review-'Co-op Served to Perfection'--4.5/5

Gameplay: 4.5/5

Visuals: 4.75/5

Audio: 4.5/5

Controls: 4.5/5

Value: 4.5/5

Overall Rating: 4.5/5

Last edited by jackanape; 04-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Wanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just can't give anything a 5 eh? I personally give it a 5/5 and I haven't even gotten the full game yet.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
NeoOmegaDark

xn1sx neo dark's Gamercard
Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;
You want Ao2, go buy The 40th Day
NeoOmegaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOmegaDark View Post
Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;
Calm down troll. Calm down.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
its hard for trolls to calm down when something gets their troll dander up..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
NeoOmegaDark

xn1sx neo dark's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Calm down troll. Calm down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
its hard for trolls to calm down when something gets their troll dander up..
Maybe you should look at yourselves... I'm a troll for stating that the game loses out most of its charm in gameplay in favour of something more generic.

Think about the game if you remove the AI bot or your team partner, how would most of the game actually change? No revives, and no waiting on breaching. Overall, not much... in comparison the old army of two's it'd be a completely different game.
NeoOmegaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
Whateverman

Quote:
Most of what you wrote I do not agree with, but the look of Salem and Rios was fucked up.
Rios looked like a wimp this time around, and Salem just didn't work for me.
I'm glad we got to play as Alpha and Bravo because how Rios looked would have pissed me off bigtime. Loved playing as Rios in the previous AoT...
They should have given A and B better names though

Gameplay is what matters, and the game was fun as hell
7/10 if you ask me, and I hated the lack of story and still I had a great time. Started an Insane run, but gonna let the game get some rest and finish it in the next weeks. Bioshock needs some love too
Whateverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
Quote:

FINAL WORD;
I support this as well. It really was just a skin of Ao2, and the gameplay seems rather simplistic now. I just finished it, and what an awful ending. Totally cheesy and I saw it coming from the beginning, especially your "enemy". I'm pretty dissappointed myself.

Edit: I think the achievement title "Look mom, I made it!" speaks for itself.

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg

Last edited by DMichaels86; 04-10-2013 at 06:10 PM.
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
seems x360a don't agree

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...cartel/review/
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.
I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.
Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
CounterInsurgnt

CounterInsurgnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.
Duuuuuuuude, did you notice there were more options and features in the second game? Did you notice the second game was NOT pay to play coop? Did you notice the shit story in this game? Come on brah! Be real!
CounterInsurgnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
This isn't a co-op game. You can have two people playing but the co-op aspects have been spectacularly nerfed to the point where you may as well just stand side by side and blast everything in sight.

The original AO2 and games like Gears actually require some teamwork, this game just requires that you spray an inordinate amount of bullets at enemies. Half the time I didn't even use cover - until I realised there was an achievement for it.

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Quote:
I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweptbackFlame View Post
I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.
And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #17
SweptbackFlame

SweptbackFlame's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMichaels86 View Post
And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.
20 seconds more then any of the previous games lol...
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #18
ashlyhoney9

yes's Gamercard
It was an underated cheap movie imitation.

ashlyhoney9 is offline   Reply With Quote