PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
1999 Mode Discussion

We have quite a few different threads being created that are quite similar related to 1999 mode. Let's try keeping all the 1999 mode discussion in this thread to consolidate all of that information in a more accessible spot.

Thanks!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Forgive me, but this kinda smacks of closing the barn after the horses have bolted.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Yeah, little late Crouch.

We understand though, you want to play the moderator.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelmerF View Post
Yeah, little late Crouch.

We understand though, you want to play the moderator.
Don't blame him, it was my idea. I'm sick and tired of all the 1999 threads.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelmerF View Post
Yeah, little late Crouch. We understand though, you want to play the moderator.
I recognize Creech from the site, but I'm not sure who Crouch is.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I recognize Creech from the site, but I'm not sure who Crouch is.
Barty Crouch...Jr.?

Can't wait to see how many people ignore this stickied thread and create their own threads asking about something in regards to 1999 mode, or bragging that they beat 1999 mode.

I beat 1999 mode. No vending machines. At all. Like, none of that dolla dolla bill(z yo) or that whack ass veni vidi vigor minuteman armory crazy technology upgrade stuff. The ending was a pain. And the Lady Comstock fights. And a handyman fight.

Oh well, I got the 1000.

Suck it, nerds
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.
So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGranko View Post
Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.
So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.
There are loads of topics already with tips on how to beat the handyman, scroll down a bit.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
joebeef14

JOEBEEF14's Gamercard
I am proud to have beaten this. Tough 1k, but worth it. I second LickableLemons' motion to have everyone else "suck it" :P
joebeef14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
JohnDeere6969

Just did 1999/Scavenger Hunt. It was shockingly easy for me because:did it on hard before so knew what to expect, awesome Internet tips: mash charge at the siren, return to sender at the core of the zeppelin, and most importantly reload previous checkpoint. Can't tell you how many times I used that thing so that a fight would end up with me in full health &salts. Oh also upgrade your shields before doing anything else, and just take it really slow, don't rush.

E: and search every level at least twice for trash cans, purses, etc.
JohnDeere6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #11
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
I was actually disappointed in how easy 1999 mode/Scavenger Hunt was. All you had to do was be smart with your ammo (Don't fire blindly) and search EVERYWHERE for money/ammo/health. I had only played this on Easy the first time before attempting it too.

By the end I had fully upgraded these weapons:
Sniper Rifle
Shotgun
Carbine
And had 2 upgrades on pistol/Machine gun
and damage upgrades on repeater/hand cannon.

For vigors, I had fully upgraded:
Charge
Bucking Bronco
Undertow
Return to Sender
And had the one upgrade each on Devil's Kiss and Possession.

I even had $2000 left at the end battle, which I didn't spend thinking I might need it for this much talked about uber-battle for the ages... I would have upgraded the RPG all the way if I had known I didn't need to save the money...

For the end battle, I literally beat it the first time with half of the ship's lifebar left. I didn't even use Undertow or Charge on it either; Return to sender only. Not sure what all the fuss was about for people with this battle... I had harder times with battles in Finkton. Just drop as many RTS traps as you can around the core (More in front, since not a lot of enemies come to the back) until your salts are depleted, then grab salts from the cabin, and repeat. After you put enough down, just kill everyone you can find, concentrating on the heavy hitters (rocketmen/patriots)

Last edited by mesoungodlyfast; 04-06-2014 at 04:00 PM.
mesoungodlyfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
The siren was stupidly easy too.

1st encounter: I had fully upgraded sniper rifle with full ammo. Hid in the back crypt with the health packs and sniper her until dead. Enemies wont come all the way up in the crypt to attack you, and a few Devil's Kiss traps outside keep them from coming close.

2nd Encounter: Used the Shock Jockey/Shotgun trick to kill all enemies so she couldn't revive them. Then sniper her until dead.

3rd Encounter: Charge Charge Charge. This was the easiest fight in the game. Took 4 full charges to kill her, then everyone else dies.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
GeneralGranko

Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Need players for:

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #14
RoToR BlaD3

RoToR BlaD3's Gamercard
Quote:
Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..
I personally made my way through "1999" mode using the Carbine/Shotgun combo.

Just make sure to upgrade damage and reload on the shotgun and it becomes a monster, especially teamed up with the Undertow/Murder of Crows trap combo.
RoToR BlaD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
GeneralGranko

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.
Thanks, I am already in the middle mostly killing with all the guns because of the ammo, but Carbine is super effective and fast killin.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Need players for:

Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
Frozen x360a

Is 1999 mode w/o using the machines possible for a Bioshock noob like myself? Love to get 1000 on this.
Frozen x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #18
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen x360a View Post
Is 1999 mode w/o using the machines possible for a Bioshock noob like myself? Love to get 1000 on this.
Definitely. Just make sure to explore every possible location, search every possible container, and pick up every possible item to ensure enough money for upgrades or deaths. Though, you can always reload your checkpoint before you die to maintain your money, but checkpoints are relatively scarce and you will lose a decent amount of progress.

BioShock: Infinite is much more different than the previous two installments too. There's absolutely no horror aspect, no weapon wheel, customizable clothing, etc.. Besides the plasmids there's hardly any similarities between the games.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?sorry if this has been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it.thanks for any help!
mga74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga74 View Post
im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?

Scavenger Hunt 75
Completed the game in 1999 mode without purchasing anything from a Dollar Bill vending machine.

You just can not use the Dollar Bill Vending Machines, the Armor and Vigor Machines can be used while going for the Scavenger Hunt achievement

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #21
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
ok thank you
Old 04-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #22
Acheru

Acheru's Gamercard
Hola.

I am having a huge problem with my 1999 run. I have prorgressed well into to chapter 4 and was about to get killed, and then I paused the game and hit "return to last checkpoint" so I didn't have to spend money (as recommended in this thread)
But then I find out the game charges my last save from my previous game (final chapter, medium difficulty) and had to start over again.

This has happened twice now. I have seen the autosaving icon on screen several times on both ocassions.

Is there something I am missing or could it be a bug? I am playing on a console not connected to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Acheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #23
Rossco7530

Rossco7530's Gamercard
Have a look through your saves - they are listed by date and time, and if you have unplugged your xbox or the time/date has otherwise been altered, your most recent save will show up down the list somewhere.
Rossco7530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #24
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheru View Post
Hola.

I am having a huge problem with my 1999 run. I have prorgressed well into to chapter 4 and was about to get killed, and then I paused the game and hit "return to last checkpoint" so I didn't have to spend money (as recommended in this thread)
But then I find out the game charges my last save from my previous game (final chapter, medium difficulty) and had to start over again.

This has happened twice now. I have seen the autosaving icon on screen several times on both ocassions.

Is there something I am missing or could it be a bug? I am playing on a console not connected to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9115158AA1CZGI

Quote:
Mine was doing the same thing and it was pissing me off. I figured out why though. For some reason every time I turn my Xbox off the time and date reset back to November 2005.

The game won't recognize the save file if the date and time on it is before the previous save file....(if that makes any sense) So now every time I turn on my Xbox I just fix the time and date and it saves just fine.
Quote:
Jack is right. I am assuming that everyone who is having this problem doesn't have Live or is not always connected. You have to set the date to the current date because the autosave will not replace a save with one that is seemingly before it thus, in the games view, lose progress. Just set the current date before launching the game every time and you should be good. Worked for me.
TLDR, everytime you play BioShock whilst not connected to the internet, manually change your clock to the current date so the autosave works properly. I had this exact same issue as I have no internet, and it was driving me MENTAL til I found this answer.

I'm about 97% sure Microsoft forced Irrational Games to program the game like this in some sort of attempt to force people to buy Xbox Live or something.
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #25
mga74

mga74's Gamercard
any decent tips on what weapons and vigors to upgrade?plus what gear to equip?thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #26
Acheru

Acheru's Gamercard
Many thanks, Dead Space Girl. I am terrified about the "Always Connected" future now... XD
¡Gracias!
Acheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #27
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mga74 View Post
im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?sorry if this has been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it.thanks for any help!
You can purchase weapon and vigor upgrades from the Veni Vidi Vici and Minuteman's Armory vending machines but absolutely nothing from the Dollar Bill vending machine.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #28
judogrrl

judogrrl's Gamercard
Talking Tutorial on how to kill Lady Comstock in 10 seconds or less in 1999 mode

OMG you guys I just found this, tested it in my game and also so my husbands and it works! There's more on this site but this one is especially lucid in not only its written tutorial but video walkthrough as well. It only came up a couple of hours ago. You all have helped me so many times so it pleases me to no end to offer up something that might help you:
http://www.reddit.com/r/bioshock
it's the 10nth video down from the start; have fun!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #29
shaggyarchangel

shaggylordofwar's Gamercard
I hate this achievement! I got stuck on the stupid siren! I've upgraded my armor, and salts. I've upgraded charge, murder of crows, and i can't remember which other one. But i still can't get pass the damn siren! Anything else I should do?
shaggyarchangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #30
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyarchangel View Post
I hate this achievement! I got stuck on the stupid siren! I've upgraded my armor, and salts. I've upgraded charge, murder of crows, and i can't remember which other one. But i still can't get pass the damn siren! Anything else I should do?
Fully upgraded Charge and Shotgun work well for the first encounter in the graveyard, so well in fact that you can defeat her without her ever getting a chance to do anything. The second and third encounters though take time and patience and keeping at a well good distance. If you stay just inside the bank vault by the door then you should be fairly safe from harm (when i did this i was lucky enough for her to glitch and die somehow). The third encounter is a pain, if you can burn all then enemies to ash then she can't revive them, making this a somewhat easier fight. Good luck.
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote