PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Dead Redemption
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Angry Most Glitches Ever!

All of my friends repeatedly told me how great RDR is. So when it became available on Xbox Marketplace as an on-demand download, I decided to give it a try. As I neared the conclusion of the game, however, I started noticing that the sound would randomly drop out. I would exit to the Xbox home page, and all would be fine. But start the game back up, and within a few minutes the sound would go out again. As I progressed, it got worse. Now, the sound drops immediately, cutscenes don't play (so I can't even read the subtitles), and the game gets stuck constantly refreshing.

I've deleted and redownloaded the game, cleared the cache and title update, etc. Nothing. Rockstar has nothing on its support page, and Xbox Live isn't exactly helpful when it comes to customer support.

All of this just to say, glitchiest game ever! I had to order an actual copy of the game just so I can beat it!
jholbro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Did you still have the same issues on the disc version? Probably not if you were able to complete it. But, this is why I never do downloads anymore, just seems worse and plus you can get games much cheaper over the net or at the store.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got GOTY edition awhile back. Encountered 0 glitches,not kidding.

I hope that you have luck fixing the glitch problem some how. This game IS amazing,i hate that any dumb glitches are getting in the way of your experiance.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Rockstar has released enough title updates to take care most of the glitches, it is impossible to get them all.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
11.11.14. Halo 2.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Wait until you start playing online and going for those achievements.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Thankfully, I was able to finish the game with a disc version. I'm starting to think the issue is my actual system and not the games (I've been having this problem with increasing frequency; the latest victim is Tomb Raider). I have an older system, so I suppose it is possible that is the root of the problem.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
McMan

McMan777's Gamercard
I didn't encounter many glitches and the ones I did find were quite funny. In the mission where you help Irish save his friend in Thieves' landing and get the Gatling gun I had an experience where after the cutscene where you load up the gun the wagon launched about 50 feet in the air and smashed to the ground and I failed the mission. It was so random I couldn't help but laugh for a good while.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
jholbro5

D Reux87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan View Post
I didn't encounter many glitches and the ones I did find were quite funny. In the mission where you help Irish save his friend in Thieves' landing and get the Gatling gun I had an experience where after the cutscene where you load up the gun the wagon launched about 50 feet in the air and smashed to the ground and I failed the mission. It was so random I couldn't help but laugh for a good while.
Mine were more of the frustrating variety, a.k.a. I just finished a mission and the game freezes so I have to do it again.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am encountering many glitches now, I can't even play the game because my horse randomely stops and I can't see the title menu. I have tried deleting the game options and that worked for a little, but it's acting up again to the point I can't even play the game. I am getting very frustrated.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #10
EverStoned77

everstoned77's Gamercard
I have played this game on & off for almost 2 yrs & have never experienced as much as one glitch,but I have always stuck to the disc version of any retail game,mainly because me & my brother are both gamers & with the price of new games in Denmark where I live there's definitely no reason to buy the same game twice so we simply share each others games.
Also as said somewhere above,the prices for a retail game as a download on xboxlive is pretty ridiculous & I have very rarely seen any game that I can't get cheaper which is a bit weird since the disc version comes with both cover,manual & of course the disc it self but still I find even old games that are 2-300% more expensive than they are in the shop

EverStoned77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #11
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've had issues like that with most of the Rockstar games this generation, in particular the open world ones, so I guess some glitches can be expected considering the vastness of the game?

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote