xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

Brass Balls
Complete the game on Hard difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber

For some reaosn people thing that this achievement is really hard, but the reality is that its is really really easy. So below I am going to give you some tips on how to get this achievement really really easyily without much effort. I have yet to get but I am almost done with only 3 hours of play tottal.

Tips

1. Save everytime you accomplish a new objective or in the middle of a fight, and before all bosses.

2. Skip as many splicers as possible. Only kill objective completing splicers, to make things go faster.

3. Save as much ammo as you can and use the wrench as much as you can and wrench jockey tonics to keep up the strength.

4. Don't wait to use first-aid. Use it right after fights even when you still have half-health left. Waiting to use health during battle is a bad idea becaue you might forget you have half health and instead you think you have full health and die.

5. Check all crates, trash cans, and dead splicers bodies for extra first-aid and eve items when you find your-self out of both and in a tight spot.

Defeating ATLAS

This might be tuff for some people who havn't even beaten the game on hard so please read carefully.

When you get to Atlas, the finall boss of the game, you need to make sure you have full ammo for the crossbow (including the regular,armor piercing, and anti-personnal rounds) and full eve and full first-aid packs. Anything else is not needed for this fight. When you first start out you need to run up to him and grab ADAM from him for the battle to start. So do that. When he comes down, he will start out as a fire element. So switch to your Blizzard plasmid and shoot at him to free him and shot a regular crossbow shot at him. Repeat this untill he goes back on his restraining table. Go grab more ADAM from him and he will come back down as the ice element. So hit him with your inferno plasmid and then shoot at him with your fire crossbow. Repat this untill he goes back up. Go grab more ADAM and he will come back down for a third and final time. He will be a multi-element so any plasmid and crowssbow shots will work. This time when he is down you will also have a couple of splicers who will come down and try to attack you. Don' worry about them becasue the AI on these are really bad and will rarely hit you, just focus on Atlas. Keep shooting your crossbows and he will eventually go down.

If for some reason you do happen to die please be sure that you had a previous save somewhere close by the same part. If you didn't I suggest turning off your xbox and loading the auto-save.

NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death. If you sapwn in a chamber the entire save is messed up and you will have to start over.

Good Luck

Last edited by xLCDx; 12-09-2007 at 06:05 AM.
xLCDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I was under the impression that loading saves was okay and disabling vita-chambers was not needed. Using them would obviously not get you the achievement.
Shinobi273 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
here are a few things you should add.

#1 abuse the save option.
#2 avoid any/all avoidable fights
#3 dont worry about fighting big daddies until you have a REALLY strong weapon
#4 running away is ALWAYS an option.
#5 Don't take ANY unnecessary risks!
#6 always keep full 1st-aids and hypos. you can always get more money.
#7 Focus on using ADAM to buy health upgrades.
#8 Take advantage of hacked machines
#9 using a "hypnotize big daddy" plasmid will save you alot of trouble.

when i think of more i'll be sure to let you know.

p.s. no i do not have the achievment. after playing through it once and only missing 2 achievments i got bored of the game.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:52 AM   #4
Fonkey Monkey

Send a message via AIM to Fonkey Monkey

Fonkey Monkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death.
does it matter when you turn of vita chambers? like i havent died yet but im in the 3rd area so hopefully it isnt too late.

Legendary Status!!
We Are Lasers.
Fonkey Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
benbam87

s7arscr3am 05's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Wow thanks for the tips, i think i might try it tomorrow

Working On
FORZA 4 (575) - Gears Of War 3 (635) - Dead Island (715) - Portal 2 (875)

Most Proud Completions
Rage (1000) - Call Of Duty 4 (1000) - Oblivion (1250)
benbam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
xLCDx
Banned User

LCD x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Yes turn them off becasue if u save and then die and come back from a vita chamber that entire save is screwed up.
xLCDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
wormyxd

wormyxd's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonkey Monkey View Post
does it matter when you turn of vita chambers? like i havent died yet but im in the 3rd area so hopefully it isnt too late.
It depends. I've had trouble with that. but I know others who haven't
wormyxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It sucks LCD was banned, but thanks for the guide anyway. I think in a couple of months I will go back to this game to get it.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #9
Obi-Brown

fluke939's Gamercard
Gutted. Just finished the game but no brass balls!!! had to play with vita-chambers on cus of the glitch. i am 100% certain that i loaded from a save everytime i died, which was about 10 times at the most. Very, very annoyed.
either i used a vita-chamber without thinking or something really messed up.
Obi-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #10
Robbie B

ledzep3012's Gamercard
I'm going to start giving this a go today. I'm thinking a level a day should give me enough time to play other games, too.

Wish me luck! I kinda suck at games, so I'll need it.

Edit: When I had a look at the achievements I still needed, there was Avid Inventor, Tonic Collector, Historian and Seriously Good At This, but no Brass Balls? Is this the same for everyone or is there a glitch in my game? There's also no option to turn on Vita Chambers, but I can live without that.

Last edited by Robbie B; 06-02-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Robbie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnie View Post
It sucks LCD was banned
Where did you hear that?
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Lemon Of Life

Lemon Of Life's Gamercard
I am gonna get this. Woop to me!
Lemon Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #13
Jimbo76

Jimbo76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I was under the impression that loading saves was okay and disabling vita-chambers was not needed. Using them would obviously not get you the achievement.
I didnt no either. i downloaded the bioshock dlc on an old console and just thought it would unlock the achievement just not using the vita chambers. good job i did my research as im half way through a game trying to get this achievement. thanks for the tips.

Jimbo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #14
Mr Mighty Myth

mr mighty myth's Gamercard
This is completely impossible.
Mr Mighty Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
TheGreenxRanger

TheGreenxRanger's Gamercard
does it have to be done in one sitting or can you quit and still get it
TheGreenxRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #16
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenxRanger View Post
does it have to be done in one sitting or can you quit and still get it
You can always come back to it.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #17
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death. If you sapwn in a chamber the entire save is messed up and you will have to start over.
Lies, I reloaded my old save and beat the last boss and got it. So you don't have to turn the chambers off and you can use an old save were you never died in.

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #18
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Lies, I reloaded my old save and beat the last boss and got it. So you don't have to turn the chambers off and you can use an old save were you never died in.
That may be true, but for people like me, it didn't matter. I had to go back through and collect all the tonics/diaries anyhow... so another play through didn't hurt me a bit. But I will tell my brother this who has already gotten 1000 for this game, so he can pick that up as a quick achievement.

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
orp08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You should erase the note about "disable vita chambers" cause is not true you can get the achievement with the vita chambers on, just dont use it. I know cause i didnt disable them and got the achievement.
And did someone actually need help against Atlas??? for me he was the only bad thing about the game, easiest fight ever, killing big daddys in the beggining was way harder.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #20
DruidSeamus

DruidSeamus's Gamercard
i cant seem to find the action "turn off vita-chambers" in my start menu. can somebody tell me where it is in the start menu
DruidSeamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
Spades12321

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Can we add to the guide for the new achievement, that it is a good tip to use target dummy when facing ATLAS. This seriously makes ATLAS a hell of a lot easier, because ATLAS and the splicers do not even bother attacking you when the taget dummy is used, allowing you to take loads of health off ATLAS without him or any other enemy attacking you. It really makes it a lot easier.
Spades12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #22
saoskate

um i was trying to use your guide for defeating atlas i just couldn't seem to do so i tired random things and then it worked a lot easier. I used the electric gel for the first stage of atlas and then u use it again for the second stage after that you just keep shooting him with your grenade laucher it was a lot easier for me at least.
saoskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #23
gjd139

murderDOCkill's Gamercard
Spades had a great point that I actually used myself. Because I only harvested 2 little sisters throughout my play through on Hard I had next to no new slots for what the guide calls for. Using the dummy helped immensely when reloading and just playing through overall.

Be aware those that haven't beaten it yet, when you drain Atlas for the final time splicers can still kill you. I found this out the hard way as I was in the middle of draining him but had less than 1/3 of my life left. Needless to say I made sure the next time I drained him for the final time I was full of life.
gjd139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
moonhog

RenegadeMilk's Gamercard
Talking

YOU HAVEN'T SCREWED UP YOUR SAVE IF YOU'VE DIED AND RELOADED!

I just got the achievement, and I died and re-loaded many times. You have to have downloaded the 'Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics' download from the xbox live marketplace first. Then, before you defeat Fontaine, turn on 'Disable Vita Chambers'. So long as you haven't died and then saved it, this can be done whenever. I turned it on just before I entered the lift to Fontaine and I got the achievement. Huzzah!
moonhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

hello..i have a problem

i have just updated the game and in the options menu i don't have that option... to disable..vita chambers...

please help...i only need the last ach

is there a problem with my game ? ...

i have just exit the game and in the bottom is says bioshock 1000/1000

that means that i don't have the update right ? how do i start the update again ?

do i have to delete all my bioshock save data ? ...

(pardon my bad english)

later edit

i have try this

Quote:
try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps: a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.
and still...1000/1000

help pls

later edit 2

heeee ups my mistake...

i have dld the new update from the addons...sorry now its' working i have just read the post of moonhog

Last edited by RonanN1; 12-27-2007 at 10:25 PM.
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Pedigo 07

Send a message via AIM to Pedigo 07

Pedigo 07's Gamercard
I officially have Brass Balls. Boy does it feel good.
Pedigo 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #27
orp08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigo 07 View Post
I officially have Brass Balls. Boy does it feel good.
Congratulations (not that most people give a crap, but anyway )... Its weird so many people have problem with this one unlocking, not because its hard not to die, but because it seems that for some people it just doesnt unlock.

Last edited by orp08; 04-18-2008 at 06:06 PM.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #28
Little Fat Hobo
Banned User

Little Fat Hobo's Gamercard
theres no way in hell im gettin this achievement i get fucked on this game alllll the time...
Little Fat Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #29
ArcWorrior237

ArcWarrior237's Gamercard
Im Just Wondering Is The Achievement Stakable. Could You Start A New Game On Hard And Disable The Vita-Chambers. And When You Reach The End Of The Game Can You Get The "Seriously Good At This" And "Brass Ball" Together.
ArcWorrior237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
T i o u Z

T I 0 U Z's Gamercard
I Dont get that DISABLE VITA CHAMBER option ... how come?
T i o u Z is offline   Reply With Quote