PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Better than RE6?

I haven't finished RE6 but I do think its an ok game, so is this better? If so to me its worth getting, I watched Michael from RT for about 30 minutes on his new full play but it was just all the learning stuff which is kind of boring lol
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
DeaDpOoL xx
 
DeaDpOoL xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australia ATM
Posts: 244

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Nah res 6 way better bout 10 hours longer and way less back tracking. Revelations is so repetitive and took me 6 hours to finish.
__________________
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Really that sucks, I might get Resident Evil 4 HD instead since I never played it and its apparently the best.
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
DeaDpOoL xx
 
DeaDpOoL xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australia ATM
Posts: 244

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Yeah resi 4 is up there as the best one I'd put resi2 and 3 as pretty damn close tho.
__________________
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,075

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
I haven't finished RE6 but I do think its an ok game, so is this better? If so to me its worth getting, I watched Michael from RT for about 30 minutes on his new full play but it was just all the learning stuff which is kind of boring lol
Hands down way better than RE6. RE6 was a total mess and garbage. In RER you got the horror-elements, the soundtrack, the "make-sense" monsters and a "good-to-follow" story, simply the real Resident Evil feeling back from 1996. I'm all happy with this game although I never played the N3DS version.

The highlight for the game for me is the infamous RAID MODE, it's so freaking addictive you can throw Onslaught/Predator/Siege/Predator alltogether away for this!

Oh snap now I've started it, I can already see the haters crying haha...

...but that's just my honest opinion, coming from a ground zero RE fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Really that sucks, I might get Resident Evil 4 HD instead since I never played it and its apparently the best.
...and really WOW you listen to one guy that say's the game sucks, come on you can do better than that...For the record, I have +29h logged into the game and still enjoying it!!!

...but if you take RE4 in consideration yeah I'd go for that of course!
__________________

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-28-2013 at 11:34 AM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
DeaDpOoL xx
 
DeaDpOoL xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australia ATM
Posts: 244

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Hands down way better than RE6. RE6 was a total mess and garbage. In RER you got the horror-elements, the soundtrack, the "make-sense" monsters and a "good-to-follow" story, simply the real Resident Evil feeling back from 1996. I'm all happy with this game although I never played the N3DS version.

The highlight for the game for me is the infamous RAID MODE, it's so freaking addictive you can throw Onslaught/Predator/Siege/Predator alltogether away for this!

Oh snap now I've started it, I can already see the haters crying haha...

...but that's just my honest opinion, coming from a ground zero RE fan!



...and really WOW you listen to one guy that say's the game sucks, come on you can do better than that...For the record, I have +29h logged into the game and still enjoying it!!!

...but if you take RE4 in consideration yeah I'd go for that of course!
Yeah it repeats the same areas over and over again and the story is beyond dumb and it's not scary in the slightest. The raid mode is okay but again just repeats. And would like to note I'm a hardcore res evil fan I have played and finished every single one of them.
__________________
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Ill get RE4 definitely since you's both agree on that, as for revelations does it really feel like the old RE's? 2-3 were my favourite and none have been like it since
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
DeaDpOoL xx
 
DeaDpOoL xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australia ATM
Posts: 244

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Ill get RE4 definitely since you's both agree on that, as for revelations does it really feel like the old RE's? 2-3 were my favourite and none have been like it since
Revelations controls like 2 and 3 but it's more like 1 for being pretty much one area the boat looks massive but it feels small in comparison to the size. You do leave it for flashbacks but again it repeats them. I played the 3ds version and Xbox version. I'd consider buying it but wait till it drops in price or even rent it.
__________________
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
judd90
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 惑星ベジータ
Posts: 1,914

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
Revelations controls like 2 and 3 but it's more like 1 for being pretty much one area the boat looks massive but it feels small in comparison to the size. You do leave it for flashbacks but again it repeats them. I played the 3ds version and Xbox version. I'd consider buying it but wait till it drops in price or even rent it.
Price doesn't matter mate, so you don't leave the boat really?
__________________

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,676

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
Revelations controls like 2 and 3 but it's more like 1 for being pretty much one area the boat looks massive but it feels small in comparison to the size. You do leave it for flashbacks but again it repeats them. I played the 3ds version and Xbox version. I'd consider buying it but wait till it drops in price or even rent it.
eh I'd say the map was a lot like RE2 (Leon and Claire's playthroughs combined) - partially outside, with some repeated areas (similar to the repeated areas of the RPD Station), culminating in a trip to a random lab and then shit starts to blow up. I don't think it was repeated nearly as obnoxiously as RE1 was where you'd visit the same area a million times only to realize you STILL don't have the right key. At least this game put you close to the new areas you can access after getting a key, and made it relatively obvious where those doors are on the map.
__________________

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 05-28-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
Trdis Trvler
 
Trdis Trvler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Colgate, WI
Posts: 236

Trdis Trvler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Ill get RE4 definitely since you's both agree on that, as for revelations does it really feel like the old RE's? 2-3 were my favourite and none have been like it since
I have to throw in as well. RE4 is awesome! Now I loved RE5, Hated what came next, it was a long time of suffering but they made it up with RER.
__________________

GS=70K on 3/7/2013 @ 0202!!!! Now my goal is 85K by 12/31/2013!!!
Trdis Trvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #12
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,075

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
And would like to note I'm a hardcore res evil fan I have played and finished every single one of them.
So did I but I can't see that on your game-history, what you hiding lmao, let me see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZARDIO 1080 View Post
imo, this is a far beter resi than 6. Personally i thought revelation feels much more like the old school games , hence i prefer it.
Thank you, I can only agree.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Genesis x360a
 
Genesis x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pandora
Posts: 5,030

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I've haven't played the 360 version but I've completed it twice on the 3DS. Its a great game. Alot better than Resident Evil 6 which imo is the worst game of the franchise.
__________________



Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,075

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
I've haven't played the 360 version but I've completed it twice on the 3DS. Its a great game. Alot better than Resident Evil 6 which imo is the worst game of the franchise.


Besides you really can't argue on that price!
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #15
supadryz
 
supadryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 1,227

supadryz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
I've haven't played the 360 version but I've completed it twice on the 3DS. Its a great game. Alot better than Resident Evil 6 which imo is the worst game of the franchise.
I think Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City wins this award. Although RES6 was Trosh!

Yes the campaign is short but has reply value like all Resident Evil games, RAID mode is where it's at.

I'd say this is better than 6 but not as good as 5 & 4.
__________________
supadryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
DeaDpOoL xx
 
DeaDpOoL xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Australia ATM
Posts: 244

DeaDp0oL xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
So did I but I can't see that on your game-history, what you hiding lmao, let me see!



Thank you, I can only agree.
I lost my main Xbox acc a year back so I only got revelations on this acc but I assure you I've played and finished them all even the ds version of the original and mercenaries and the crappy shooters on wii.
__________________
DeaDpOoL xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,075

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDpOoL xx View Post
I lost my main Xbox acc a year back so I only got revelations on this acc but I assure you I've played and finished them all even the ds version of the original and mercenaries and the crappy shooters on wii.
Fair enough. Well let's leave it at this, some like this over RE6 others prefer RE6 instead. No arguing in that.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:19 AM.