PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Where to Shoot Tanks

Where exactly do you have to shoot tanks to one hit disable them from the front? I know it's possible because it happens regularly, whether it's to me driving or someone in my squad. Even with reactive armor, I have been disabled in one hit from a tank. It's been on maps with only one tank on each team, so I know I'm not getting hit by two tanks. In BF2, I know there was a one hit kill on tanks if you shot it at the right angle under its turret. Does this happen in BF3 as well? I have tried this in empty servers with friends, but it hasn't worked.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Benny34
Banned User

shoot the tanks ass.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Where exactly do you have to shoot tanks to one hit disable them from the front? I know it's possible because it happens regularly, whether it's to me driving or someone in my squad. Even with reactive armor, I have been disabled in one hit from a tank. It's been on maps with only one tank on each team, so I know I'm not getting hit by two tanks. In BF2, I know there was a one hit kill on tanks if you shot it at the right angle under its turret. Does this happen in BF3 as well? I have tried this in empty servers with friends, but it hasn't worked.

its very rare to get one hit disabled from the front. it can happen though, but only if you are boosting. it will never happen if you arent boosting. if you are approaching an area where you know there are other tanks around, just dont take the chance. dont boost and this wont be an issue.

gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
BBDrew84

You can also get a one hit disable if you hit the 120 mm gun. It is a very small area to hit but it does disable in one shot. If you search the youtube there are a few videos on it, unless it was patched. But likely you are being disabled the way Mr Murda described.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
its very rare to get one hit disabled from the front. it can happen though, but only if you are boosting. it will never happen if you arent boosting. if you are approaching an area where you know there are other tanks around, just dont take the chance. dont boost and this wont be an issue.
I will see if this affects it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
You can also get a one hit disable if you hit the 120 mm gun. It is a very small area to hit but it does disable in one shot. If you search the youtube there are a few videos on it, unless it was patched. But likely you are being disabled the way Mr Murda described.
I saw those videos, but shooting there has never worked for me. Tried it again last night to see if it was patched. It's possible that I was missing every shot, but in the videos, they hit it every time.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Yeah, the game's physics engine is really wonky. If you hit a tank in the front that is moving very quickly, it seems to actually detonate in the rear. Or perhaps it's trying to simulate the effect of two fast movie objects colliding. I don't know, but what Murda said is correct.

Drew, as well, it seems that hitting the tanks mantle or main gun can also cause one hit disables.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
Benny34
Banned User

sometimes my guided shell does one hit disable.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote