PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
SK L4xX

Sir Lexomatico's Gamercard
Oh God the Visuals are so awful

The only time GTA V has decent graphics is if you absolutely stand still and do nothing lol. Textures are amazing but useless if there is zero anti aliasing....when you drive on the street you can barely see anything in the background because of all the steps and flicker.... It was a big mistake not to wait for the next generation.... now you have a huge story game with awesome gameplay which looks like shit and lags as hell.... thank you rockstar... dont get me wrong graphics is the least i care but this gives me headaches....they could've at least manage to get constant 30 frames...
SK L4xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
They would get half as many sales if this was a next gen launch title...
Also with a game this big it's going to lack in some areas, use your brain.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
SK L4xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
They would get half as many sales if this was a next gen launch title...
Also with a game this big it's going to lack in some areas, use your brain.
what matter does the size of the game lol?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
IXISHADOW

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK L4xX View Post
what matter does the size of the game lol?
It takes up disc space thus requiring more dics... People still bitch about it having 2 discs even though you don't have to swap them at all. Imagine if it had 3 discs like L.A Noire...

Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
SK L4xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
It takes up disc space thus requiring more dics... People still bitch about it having 2 discs even though you don't have to swap them at all. Imagine if it had 3 discs like L.A Noire...
the only people moaning are the ones that dont know you dont have to switch the disc....this is the most expensive game in history and they cant afford the license for a third disc?....could've easily been done on 3-4 discs or free dlc or whatever.... its all just lame excuses from devs and people just jump on the train
Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
IXISHADOW

Quote:
the only people moaning
is yourself.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
the only people moaning are the ones that dont know you dont have to switch the disc....this is the most expensive game in history and they cant afford the license for a third disc?....could've easily been done on 3-4 discs or free dlc or whatever.... its all just lame excuses from devs and people just jump on the train
Good job you didn't pay anything for the game then isn't it?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
The only time GTA V has decent graphics is if you absolutely stand still and do nothing lol. Textures are amazing but useless if there is zero anti aliasing....when you drive on the street you can barely see anything in the background because of all the steps and flicker.... It was a big mistake not to wait for the next generation.... now you have a huge story game with awesome gameplay which looks like shit and lags as hell.... thank you rockstar... dont get me wrong graphics is the least i care but this gives me headaches....they could've at least manage to get constant 30 frames...
If you're going to troll, you should really get your facts straight.

The game runs at a constant 30fps and looks smooth as hell. There is no lag, or flicker. The draw distance is much better than GTA IV, and while the textures seem a little off in places it still looks fantastic.

What videos have you been watching, or do you have a dodgy pirated copy? I watched over an hours worth of streaming last night, and many different videos over the last few days and not once did the game stutter or lag.

I don't see why you feel the need to troll on Internet forums. The game is being highly praised, so you sad little people decide that you need to put it down.

You haven't got a single clue what you're talking about, so fuck off you sad little shit.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post

The game runs at a constant 30fps and looks smooth as hell. There is no lag, or flicker. The draw distance is much better than GTA IV, and while the textures seem a little off in places it still looks fantastic.

What videos have you been watching, or do you have a dodgy pirated copy? I watched over an hours worth of streaming last night, and many different videos over the last few days and not once did the game stutter or lag.

I don't see why you feel the need to troll on Internet forums. The game is being highly praised, so you sad little people decide that you need to put it down.

You haven't got a single clue what you're talking about, so fuck off you sad little shit.
Callum to the motherfucking rescue!

For a second there I was kinda getting worried, but I was pretty sure he was a troll. Thanks for the confirmation Callum!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethiebeefy View Post
Callum to the motherfucking rescue!

For a second there I was kinda getting worried, but I was pretty sure he was a troll. Thanks for the confirmation Callum!
There is a few pop-up issues, but nothing compared to the likes of Saints Row, Just Cause or GTA IV. The game is incredibly smooth considering the size of the city and how populated it is (I think that's where the pop-up happens in the distance, because the game is loading chunks at a time, but at an impressive speed).

From what I was watching, the pop up is only small objects, and the buildings become more textured the closer you get. Nothing too noticable unless that's all you're looking for. Still, tiny compared to what this guy is saying.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Glad to know, although I never really notice issues to do with graphics, glad to know it's really nothing massive and I'll doubt I'll notice.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
Kizen

Tono Rosario's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethiebeefy View Post
Glad to know, although I never really notice issues to do with graphics, glad to know it's really nothing massive and I'll doubt I'll notice.
I can back up the fact the game has great graphics. I went to acquire herbs from my medicine man, and he was playing a burned copy of GTA. A little part of me wanted it, and his xbox.
Gosh darn this game looks great
Old 09-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
Rickmassacre

Rickmassacre's Gamercard
Quote:

can we not just take all these moaning cunts outside and shoot them?
same goes with the people who've stolen the game & illegally downloaded.

100% (65)
List Of 100%
http://www.trueachievements.com/game...gamerid=340720

You should work more on your gamerscore, and less on your post counts.
Rickmassacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #14
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Gotta love TA for tracking pirates who claim some store near them is selling early.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Out of all the clips/streams I've seen so far I've never doubted the visuals/any lag for a second..and we're all watching this from a laptop.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
we're all watching this from a laptop.
Nope, I have a PC.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
Oddish

Quote:
The game runs at a constant 30fps and looks smooth as hell. There is no lag, or flicker.
Either you're completely blind/oblivious or you haven't played the game. The framerate when driving in a busy area (just one example) is nowhere near 30fps. The game is awesome but the framerate is often horrible. That's just a fact. I just played it 20 minutes ago ffs.
Oddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
im sure its not as bad as your making it out to be. and im sure its an improvment from gta4's

but this is why a nextgen version would be nice better render distance and framerate etc.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddish View Post
Either you're completely blind/oblivious or you haven't played the game. The framerate when driving in a busy area (just one example) is nowhere near 30fps. The game is awesome but the framerate is often horrible. That's just a fact. I just played it 20 minutes ago ffs.
Really? I haven't played the game, but I've watched a lot of streaming of it, and I've never seen the framerate drop. It's very consistent. If you're playing it, then your console is either knackered, or you have a bad pirated copy (which I find hilarious, you thieving scum).

Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
CrAzYnEsS

I've watched a lot of the leaked footage and the graphics are my least concern. I don't really ever notice anything wrong when it comes to a graphical stand point. The only thing that concerns me is how the cars handle and how dead looking the city is with the lack of pedestrians.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

one problem im seeing is the cars turn too sharp, and when on a motorcycle and you turn it looks kinda off, but very small stuff
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
angelusanya78

angelusanya78's Gamercard
Well I guess I will have to get this one next month now... if this game does not have that many issues then I will be a happy bunny.
angelusanya78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #23
Ball1e

BALL1E's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh shit, i can't stop my pre-order with Shopto! I'm so glad you told me about how bad the grafix are. Also, jog-on.

Ball1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
inb4 the

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
inb4 the
He's banned from ustream. Fast.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
He's banned from ustream. Fast.
Yeah just saw it lol.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
fresh fish 101

fresh fish 101's Gamercard
Quote:
you just stand still and do nothing then, whatever it takes for the game to look good to you.

i highly doubt theres no anti-aliasing, ive seen plenty of gameplay footage and theres little-to- no pop ins or flicker. no lag, constant 30 frames.

i'd respect your opinion more if it weren't so wrong.

oh, and you know what will solve the turning-too-sharp problem? DONT TURN TOO SHARP!

100% CLUB: Alan Wake - Battlefield: BC2 - Burnout: Paradise -
Deus Ex: HR - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Far Cry 3 - Hitman: Absolution -
LA Noire - Mafia II - Portal: Still Alive - Portal 2 - Prince of Persia: TFS -
Red Dead Redemption - Skate - Skate 3 - Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by fresh fish 101; 09-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.
fresh fish 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #28
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

did OP somehow manage to play the game without installing? lol

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #29
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The game looks great, especially so considering the hardware it's running on.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Yes, the graphics are absolutely fine, I'm loving it. And I can live with an occasional frame drop for lots of detail and nice graphics. I'm loving this game already, same "whoa" feeling like I had when playing GTAIV for the first time.