PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Splinun the God

Splinun the Pro's Gamercard
All's fare in love and war...

So...

I bought Downtown Cab co halfway through the game. I've finished the game, and put another 15 hours into it and still havn't got the phonecall.

Anyone had a similar issue not getting the phonecall yet?
Splinun the God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Splinun the God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...
Unfortunatly not.... Can't seem to get this damn call no matter what I do...

At least it don't count toward 100% looks like I might have to re-do this one at a later time on a new save...
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Call Raul and/or respond to his initial message when you bought it?
Maka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Splinun the God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Call Raul and/or respond to his initial message when you bought it?
Raul isn't on the contact list and the message get deleted automatically once you have 10 or so emails in so it gone.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Platuni

I'm having the same problem. Been roaming around in a cab for about an hour now and no phone call

Edit: Soon as i write this the phone call popped up...

Last edited by Platuni; 09-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Platuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
I don't think you have to be in the cab to get the phone call. I was playing as Trevor for a bit, mopping up achievements, switched to Franklin and as soon as I took control of him, got the phone call. Didn't even have to use a cab. Used my own car.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You can def use any car, logged out on franklin one night (not even intentionally) started up the next day and it was within the first 5 seconds i got the call. Wasn't even in a car actually was still in my safehouse.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #9
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
FYI. After todays patch I received not only the call for my private fare after waiting weeks, but don's final mission 'uncalculated risk' showed up too.

Too much of a coincidence to discredit. Hope everyone else gets their missions to show up now too. Good luck!
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
diseptikon

This was one of my last Cheevos I needed after completing the game. No matter what I did, I never got another call after failing the first private fare. I ended up loading an old save where Franklin had enough to buy the cab co again. I then drove around in the cab for what seemed like 20 minutes and finally I got the call to do the private fare. YMMV.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Actually now that I think about it I haven't gotten ANY property calls since I've finished the game..
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I'm downloading the new patch now, as the last one changed nothing for me. I should spawn as Franklin, so I'm gonna drive about for a little while and see if anything pops up, be it Raul or otherwise. I'll update as I go.

Edit: Half an hour down, drove about a bit, switched from Franklin to the others and back, went and saved in an actual house as opposed to quick saving, and did a parachute jump to pass some time. Nothing yet.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ravenhood; 11-06-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Has anyone suffering the glitch tried bringing up their phone, going to settings, then profile and then switching their phone to sleep mode, and then back to normal mode in an attempt to reset your phone? (maybe with a save and load in the middle of the switch...)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
Has anyone suffering the glitch tried bringing up their phone, going to settings, then profile and then switching their phone to sleep mode, and then back to normal mode in an attempt to reset your phone? (maybe with a save and load in the middle of the switch...)
Yup and like I said I'm not getting any calls for anyone from any property I own.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
Figbender

Figbender's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYC Punker View Post
Actually now that I think about it I haven't gotten ANY property calls since I've finished the game..
this is happening to me aswell, even maude wont contact me
Figbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
Armakuni

Send a message via ICQ to Armakuni Send a message via MSN to Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
I don't really care about the 10G, it's more that the endgame feels kind of dead and some property calls would maybe give some life to the game. Also, I feel cheated - I've never had such a serious problem/glitch with any previous Rockstar game - and I've pretty much played them all...
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #17
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
I bought the property way northwest early on, and never completed the mission after getting the call. Since then, I haven't gotten a single property call except for the ones acknowledging the buy (I own all but two properties and can do all the regular property missions), and it has been a LOT of hours. Please, does anyone have a fix for this? The latest patch didn't help, and Rockstar support haven't answered my ticket...
Old 11-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #18
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I've already started a new game and worked up to the point when I now own the cab company again. I've got one save from before the purchase, and one after. So far no call, but there's also a lot of the game I can work through again to see if it pops up on my drives.

I do have a ticket I submitted to Rockstar that I got a reply to, but it's mostly just asking for more information. I'll update whenever I get another reply to that.

... Aaaaannnnnnd never mind. As soon as I finished typing all of that, the call came in. Had to take this guy Felipe up to the Vinewood sign driving as dangerously as possible. So, that certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. But I completed it, and the achievement popped. Finally! Now on to Online.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
diesel98a

diesel98a's Gamercard
I haven't completed the game yet but here's what went down with me, I bought the cab company with franklin then forgot about it, then later on in the story after Franklin rescued Michael I went back and did eight fares waiting for my phone call which never came, so I switched to Michael and saved, the next day when I got on, I switched back to franklin and he was coming out of a bar, so I hoped in his white dodge looking car and after like 10 secs I got the call, i stayed in franklins white car and made the pickup and drop off at the destination, then bingo.....the chevo popped.....

Gamerscore
60,000 - 1/18/14
50,000 - 2/24/13
40,000 - 5/27/12
30,000 - 10/18/11
20,000 - 9/9/10

Last edited by diesel98a; 11-07-2013 at 09:54 PM.
diesel98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel98a View Post
I haven't completed the game yet but here's what went down with me, I bought the cab company with franklin then forgot about it, then later on in the story after Franklin rescued Michael I went back and did eight fares waiting for my phone call which never came, so I switched to Michael and saved, the next day when I got on, I switched back to franklin and he was coming out of a bar, so I hoped in his white dodge looking car and after like 10 secs I got the call, i stayed in franklins white car and made the pickup and drop off at the destination, then bingo.....the chevo popped.....
And calls from other owned properties?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #21
diesel98a

diesel98a's Gamercard
i have gotten calls for the other businesses usually within 1 in game day, although they have only be about the delivery guy being a no-show and then i have to go make the delivery, have gotten calls with both Michael and Franklin, i did both of those before even buying the cab company.....but i need to go do the 2nd bail bond request from Maude, haven't been able to locate the guy.....but did find a map with where he is located so i may try it now....

Gamerscore
60,000 - 1/18/14
50,000 - 2/24/13
40,000 - 5/27/12
30,000 - 10/18/11
20,000 - 9/9/10

Last edited by diesel98a; 11-10-2013 at 02:58 AM.
diesel98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel98a View Post
i have gotten calls for the other businesses usually within 1 in game day, although they have only be about the delivery guy being a no-show and then i have to go make the delivery, have gotten calls with both Michael and Franklin, i did both of those before even buying the cab company.....but i need to go do the 2nd bail bond request from Maude, haven't been able to locate the guy.....but did find a map with where he is located so i may try it now....
I got a call from the Hen House about some celebrities (can't exactly remember). Anyways, I did a mission beforehand and then got a call saying I pretty much failed and haven't gotten a call since. However, I finally got the call for the cab ride for a VIP. Not sure what the trick is, but I did call for a few cab rides myself and then shortly after I got the call from the cab company.

Sounds like it's all random.
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #23
UPR Captain

Cart Lord's Gamercard
I got mine using a combination of tips and tricks that by now you likely have also read. I tried driving for days and all that jazz, but its worthy to note that I did not buy the taxi company until after I had completed the game. I successfully got the first call but never a followup mission.

So, heres how I got it:
1. Start a new game and save it in a new save slot
2. Play through the game(only have to do the main story missions) until Trevor gets to Los Santos and all characters are available to use.
3. Switch to Franklin and pick up grenades(if you dont have them)
4. Drive to the taxi company and make a quick save.
5. Buy the taxi company and get back in your car, you should get a call from Raul(taxi company owner) in a matter of seconds after you buy the company
6. Answer the call(you know it was successful if a 2nd Downtown Taxi Company listing is added to your contacts)
7. After you get this first call, make a new quick save in a new location(just in case you fail the private fare mission)
8. Get out of the car and run into a secluded, nearby alley(theres a convenient one just to the left of the taxi company if you are looking at the front of the company)
9. Pull out the grenade and kill yourself with it(the goal is to kill yourself without attracting police attention or so im told, not sure if it matters)
10. Steal a car after respawning at the hospital
11. You should get a call in a matter of seconds after doing this
12. Complete the private fare successfully

UPR Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #24
billsmith

All's NOT fare in love and war

Hi all at x360a, I too was having trouble obtaining this achevo (over 15 hours of game play with Franklin and no fone call ) until I noticed Franklin had an incompleted quest (pulling favors again below his pic when you go to change char ) so I done that one and the others that followed (still no luck so I deleted the installed game (gta v) then reinstalled it ) so I decided to purchase the towing impound (the vehicle I was driving around was a cab (I know it's not needed)) after buying that place I drove just outside and within 30 I got a fone call, I failed the first one then I reloaded the save before buying the TI and done the same and I got another fone call oh and it was about 8 in the morning (game time ).

I read in another forum that if you have an active quest you won't get a fone call and if you buy the cab co while having active quest you need to buy another place to get a phone call.

Hope that this helps and sorry for my poor English.

Last edited by billsmith; 11-24-2013 at 03:15 AM.
billsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
Armakuni

Armakuni K's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me how often random property missions occur? Wondering if I can confirm the solution above.

Haven't gotten a property call since really early on when I failed a Hooter call with Michael. Many hours later, after completing the game, I noticed Franklin had a mission left. Called Tonya, finished the towing missions and bought the towing company. Seconds after that, Smoke on the Water sent an email with a mission!!! Completed it, now nothing has happened for like half an hour...
Old 01-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #26
MrKevlarr

MrKevlarr's Gamercard
Is GTA5 even worth getting? I've not played any since Liberty City Stories for PS2 haha!
MrKevlarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #27
AusMikAtonic

AusMikAtonic's Gamercard
im preety sure you have gone to the cab depot and make sure your franklin if they call always accept it has to be franklin so hope it works out and good luck if that dosent work contact rockstar support
AusMikAtonic is offline   Reply With Quote