PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rayman Legends
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Plasmid Blues

Plasmid Blues's Gamercard
Daily Challenge Diamond Help Thread

I figured I need help with a few levels in particular.. Perhaps this could be the official thread to discuss levels and work towards getting those diamond trophies? I really don't feel like playing a mini game a day for five months if I can help it.

Take this video for example (The "insert link" thing isn't letting me change the link into smaller text)

At 3:20, I simply CAN NOT get there in time to do the downward slam. Ironically, I did manage to do it on one of my first attempts, but I've since been unable to even come close and even practicing quickly becomes frustrating as hell.. Especially since the level's been thrown maybe 15-20 seconds into the damn daily challenge today. The bird-fighting level's also a major pain, but I guess there's really nothing I can do other than to practice at this point..

I'm not sure if I'm just not doing something right, or if there's a faster version of 3:20 where you HAVE to go under (I know that there are reversed versions of a lot of levels) but I literally cannot possibly get there in time...

It's as if it's physically impossible, because I'm holding every button down that I can even before the "START!" comes up, and I'm watching this dude do a freaking running attack at the start and then jumping again from the edge of the platform and STILL SOMEHOW MAKING IT IN TIME.. WHAT.. THE... AHFASHDHGSajHDGSaudhgsaiudg!!111 My freaking character cannot move that fast.
Plasmid Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Scottcool

scottcool2's Gamercard
In my experience the jump that eludes you is only possible on the first attempt (each time obviously). The rotation of the platform is slightly different after a fail. It is simply quick off the mark first time or underneath if you fail, it would still be possible to get diamond while using the bottom route (without dying) on todays challenge, as long as all your other screens were pretty optimised.

Edit: For the bird stage, I assume you mean the one with wooden poles. You have to remember the screen it follows, so when it is next you take your finger off run to stop spin attacks and do it all from the middle pole. Use normal punches a charge punch for the third one and jump kicks for the high ones.

The dojo challenges are all about consistency, you lose lums as well as time for slow strats or errors so sometimes the diamond score seems impossible. Then you do all the screens pretty well on one run and you have an extra 10-20 lums and time to do more or less screens depending on what type of challenge.

Last edited by Scottcool; 09-25-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added fings
Scottcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
immortality20

Immortality20's Gamercard
I guess I just don't have the speed for Dojos, as I never got past Silver on any. Not by a long shot. I can Gold on the go as far as you can though, only one that I can consistently.

Proud cancer survivor and proud gamer
immortality20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Plasmid Blues

Plasmid Blues's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortality20 View Post
I guess I just don't have the speed for Dojos, as I never got past Silver on any. Not by a long shot. I can Gold on the go as far as you can though, only one that I can consistently.
Usually I can work my way up to gold, or even very close to diamond, but I never can quite make it.. I'm guessing I just need to improve on the levels, I'm not going to get worse at them.. lol
Plasmid Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Scottcool

scottcool2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmid Blues View Post
Usually I can work my way up to gold, or even very close to diamond, but I never can quite make it.. I'm guessing I just need to improve on the levels, I'm not going to get worse at them.. lol
It is because you have to be in the top 1%. I'm afraid it has to be pretty faultless for you to get diamond on any challenge, some of the harder extreme challenges normally only get 900-1500 people completing them so you must be in the top 9-15 which 99% of people won't manage.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
EddyB43

EddyB43's Gamercard
Yes, and if player numbers drop 1% for diamond and even 20% for gold will become even harder.

I've noticed the distances and times get harder, for example from ~750m for gold to ~950m or even over 1km for gold over the past couple of weeks. As we all improve (or the less skilled players give up) it becomes harder for everyone... I question now if I have the skills to get golds for the roughly 3 months required to clear the achievement.

I'd be happier if Ubisoft had some calculated scores for these procedurally generated challenges as targets for the cups. Ideally they shouldn't have expected people to get 2 weeks worth of diamond cups or 10 weeks of gold cups to complete this final achievement. It reeks of an anti-used games policy shoved onto the developers by executives - "Must include social features! Must inspire people to hold onto their games!"
EddyB43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
lolrogi

lolrogi's Gamercard
These challenges are ridiculous. Ive been doing them every day since release, i haven't missed one. Usually gold. But at this rate its going to take a year for getting that last rank. And it really doesn't help that the ubisoft server is unreachable half of the time.

The points rewarded between gold and diamond vs points needed are completely off its not even funny anymore. Did they do the math, at all?

Also, not that its a big deal, but you get like 2k luums from a full creature room when 1 mil is needed. But it just shows how completely off the math is in this game.

Last edited by lolrogi; 11-02-2013 at 08:37 PM.
lolrogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
athruntalan

athrun talan's Gamercard
I know, it's a pain. I worked out if I get nothing but Gold, it'll take me just under 11 weeks from now. Silver and Gold, closer to 16.

On topic, for those who *can* get into the daily challenges, anyone got a good idea of how to deal with the massive updraft in the daily extreme 04/11? I love the tower levels, and I can do them pretty quickly, but having no bouncepad until really far up that section means floating all the way there, which takes an absolute age!
athruntalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #9
immortality20

Immortality20's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by athruntalan View Post
I know, it's a pain. I worked out if I get nothing but Gold, it'll take me just under 11 weeks from now. Silver and Gold, closer to 16.

On topic, for those who *can* get into the daily challenges, anyone got a good idea of how to deal with the massive updraft in the daily extreme 04/11? I love the tower levels, and I can do them pretty quickly, but having no bouncepad until really far up that section means floating all the way there, which takes an absolute age!
When you're running up the side vine, jump right near the top and he'll jump into the air, causing you to get up much quicker then landing on the pad and then jumping. I couldn't figure out how to get gold for like 10 mins and then I tried this method and got it first try. Also remember to twirl and jump when running up the walls, much faster than just twirling.

Proud cancer survivor and proud gamer
immortality20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
athruntalan

athrun talan's Gamercard
Ah ha! Thanks for that. I knew about the dash attack, but not jumping on the vine to avoid the platform.

Other tricks that are useful on that challenge - downward smash on the first set of jump pads to avoid the first platform.

Downward smash on the last jump pad to avoid the chain.

Dash attack jump right before the curve on the climbing sections to skip part of it.
athruntalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
FaSCoRP

FaSCoRP's Gamercard
What is the idea to do the Tower levels quicker if they are not timed ? You are supposed to go as far as you can (but vertically).
Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Man I was hell bent on Diamond yesterday. I was in 11th place out of 1000 people with a time of 23.84. The 10th place guy had a tike of 23.79.

It took me like 30 or 45 minutes of replaying that same 25 seconds over and over before I finally got a time of 23.66 to move into 8th out of 1000. That was only 8 hours after the challenges reset so I hope my score held up for the other 16 hours lol. I guess Ill find out this morning when I get off work.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote