PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
DoraExploresMe

BigScruffyBear's Gamercard
Triathlon #3

28 minutes of bashing the A button..I think I need a new controller
DoraExploresMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #2
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Yeah, it was rough. I was able to get first place, but luckily my thumb didn't hurt too bad.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am doing it now, having a rest after the swimming one, then another rest after cycling.

18 mins in now on cycling, have to stop for a rest, having tingles in my hands!!

Fuck sake, just got forfeited for killing someone along the beach, fucking spectators!!

Second attempt finally done it, didn't bother tapping A as fast this time as I knew the cycling must be programmed for them to overtake you then you overtake them. The running straight after cycling seemed slow lol.

Last edited by cjdavies; 09-29-2013 at 07:22 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Yeah, that wasn't necessary R*!

My first time I failed at 21 minutes. Imagine that fun! I hit a pedestrian and fell of my bike. Then he wanted to beat me up so he wouldn't let me get back on and leave. I tried to fight him but the game wouldn't let me. He killed me, I failed, and 21 minutes wasted. Good times!

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
This event caught me by surprise. I was 1st after the swimming, but fell 3 times while biking and thought I was screwed. Luckily the game adjusted its AI performance to mine and I managed to place 1st. I had to switch between my thumb and fingers with all that pounding. Perhaps, a better control scheme should have been implemented. As it is now, that marathon is ridiculously stupid all due to the sprint implementation chosen by Rockstar.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
I'm amazed that I ended up in 1st on that race... Considering a pedestrian kept pulling me off my bike at one point for no reason (I crashed into a mailbox). The mashing A was pretty bad, but it was more boring than anything.
a fat turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
screw this one i hated it said hold y to go back to checkpoint so i press it not thinking made me fail and i was 24 minutes into it so i had to do it all over again thank god for pausing in between i would of went crazzy

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
TheBorkinator

TheBorkinator's Gamercard
They took the realism of the triathlon to another level. I felt like I completed a triathlon after that.
TheBorkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Had to try this three times. First time I failed at 15 minutes because I tried to put my lights on on the bike - stupid, I know. Then second time I hit a pedestrian at 23 minutes and failed. Third time I did it. So frustrating.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Kronic Herba

Kronic Herba's Gamercard
I was glad I did this first try. Didn't lose 1st place once. It was easy, but annoying to tap A over and over lol
Old 10-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #11
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom115 View Post
Had to try this three times. First time I failed at 15 minutes because I tried to put my lights on on the bike - stupid, I know. Then second time I hit a pedestrian at 23 minutes and failed. Third time I did it. So frustrating.
I did something similar to lights on a bike, i tried to reload my bike after a crash... In this at the very least that dam button should be HOLD not PRESS >< lol

Whats actually worse is i did it twice both on the biking stage so 10+ mins in, screw you muscle memory

Have done, swimming they catch up a bit, biking they somehow get nitro, what the fuck that is i dont know but they slow down again and its easy to keep first (no one crashed in mine till the very end, i think the guy might of died too, he hit a truck and it never stopped even after lol), but the running part, you just hammer A and as long as you have max stam you just lose them in seconds. Actually can't see how you get anything but first in these, running is silly once you have the infinite stam.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 10-13-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmankevin View Post
Yeah, that wasn't necessary R*!

My first time I failed at 21 minutes. Imagine that fun! I hit a pedestrian and fell of my bike. Then he wanted to beat me up so he wouldn't let me get back on and leave. I tried to fight him but the game wouldn't let me. He killed me, I failed, and 21 minutes wasted. Good times!
Same thing happend to me man! Altho I just crashed in the supporters and killing one so instant fail. Well, I was playing with Trevor so that might be the reason....Franklin got it 1st try
Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
Boomerang Cat

Wow, 28 minutes is over the top.

Is this Triathlon essential towards the 100% Game Completion Achievement? If it isn't I'll give it a miss and save breaking another Controller.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #14
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Wow, 28 minutes is over the top.

Is this Triathlon essential towards the 100% Game Completion Achievement? If it isn't I'll give it a miss and save breaking another Controller.
Yes, it is required.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #15
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Yes, it is required.
Ok thanks McGoogles.

It will be the time to plug in a nasty ass Madcatz Controller for this task.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hated the third triathlon, especially the part with the bike riders passing me even though I had unlimited stamina and I was mashing the A button like crazy.

Completed it with Michael, would have to buy one of those controllers with a turbo button before even thinking of trying it for a second time with a different character.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 09-25-2013 at 06:52 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #17
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Same thing happend to me man! Altho I just crashed in the supporters and killing one so instant fail. Well, I was playing with Trevor so that might be the reason....Franklin got it 1st try
Haha! Glad I'm not the only one!

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
BertieBotsJellyTots

Rawwwrrrrr's Gamercard
This event is why I'm happy I have a turbo controller, was raging after 26 minutes into the race, I saw hold Y to return to checkpoint. I did but he got off the bike and I forfeited the race
BertieBotsJellyTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
ViNyLek

Send a message via AIM to ViNyLek Send a message via MSN to ViNyLek

XVinny84X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraExploresMe View Post
28 minutes of bashing the A button..I think I need a new controller
Whoa! I just finished #2 yesterday and passed by #3 couple of times on and off mission, but I had a bad feeling about it and I guess this was it. no way I am gonna waste 30mins of my life doing this shit as it is pretty pointless. So much more fun stuff you can do in that time=D
ViNyLek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Chaffreyy

Chaffreyy's Gamercard
WTF!? I was hoping absurd amounts of button mashing would end with KIFFLOM! Thankfully gold is not required! (Please correct me if gold is required for any specific reason.)
Chaffreyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #21
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffreyy View Post
WTF!? I was hoping absurd amounts of button mashing would end with KIFFLOM! Thankfully gold is not required! (Please correct me if gold is required for any specific reason.)
It isn't, as long as you get Gold in one of the shorter triathlons for the Hobbies achievement.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Think I win the biggest fail during the long triathlon award. It was getting dark towards the end of the cycling leg so I used the D pad to try and turn the light on the front of the bike on. That button exits the race immediately.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Think I win the biggest fail during the long triathlon award. It was getting dark towards the end of the cycling leg so I used the D pad to try and turn the light on the front of the bike on. That button exits the race immediately.
LOL! I feel bad for you, that sucks.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #24
Chaffreyy

Chaffreyy's Gamercard
Quote:
It isn't, as long as you get Gold in one of the shorter triathlons for the Hobbies achievement.
Awesome! I've already unlocked "Multi-Disciplined," so im just concerned with finishing this grueling race.

Now that im at home playing, I cant get the 3rd triathlon to pop up. I finished the 2nd one, got the notification staying a new race was available (little running dude icon), but when I go to the map the triathlon option only has 2 choices. I've waited 24+ hours in game, still nothing. Does story progression trigger this? Or is it just a matter of time? Hella thanks for any help.
Chaffreyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #25
exxonic

exxonic's Gamercard
Quote:
For the 100%-achievement you will need a medal in all three triathlons. Check the social club for more details.

Last edited by exxonic; 09-27-2013 at 10:10 AM.
exxonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxonic View Post
For the 100%-achievement you will need a medal in all three triathlons. Check the social club for more details.
Yeah, a medal, but not specifically gold.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #27
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Mine glitched out in a good way, I had a nasty spill of my bike with the bike flying miles down a hill. By the time I retrieved it I was well last, oddly though when I got to the transition point it seemed the AI runners had had an altercation as 4 were knocked out, 2 were running real slow and the last one was walking. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I romped to victory.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #28
Ratdart

Ratdart's Gamercard
Something weird happened to me in this final triathlon. I was constantly in third place but after a few checkpoint on the biking part (about 13 minutes in or so), the first place guy was on the other side of the map. My bike went very slowly uphill and I ended up in 5th place. Since the NPCs take a few extra seconds to get on/get off their bikes I ended up back in third place during the running section.

As soon as I passed what was supposed to be the second place guy I went from third to first place. The other dot was still on the other side of the map but maybe the game just DQ'd him. Not sure but I got first place on it.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #29
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
I managed to beat it first try with Franklin. A little bit after I was finally out of the water, my stamina reached 100%, the bike racing was annoying, someone would come from way back and just blast past everyone, idk but it seemed like the AI had 100% stamina also, because they would have never caught up with me considering I was just tapping A nonstop, but other than that the footrace was easy considering I finally managed to get ahead somehow right before. Oh and I hated the WEAZEL NEWS chopper view, it would always throw me off track...

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
Mr Sticki

Mr Sticki's Gamercard
Just a lil tip for whoever thumbs can't go that long, while swimming try tapping A with a different finger to save your thumb for the bike/running.

The swimming made me feel I was swimming the Pacific! I enjoyed the bike portion, kinda like sight seeing in-game.

Mr Sticki is offline   Reply With Quote