PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
dakisbac
tl;dr

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Connecting Crouch Combos

I'm currently working through the trials and right now I'm on Ryu's Hard 5.

The combo starts with j.HP, c.MP, c.HP and then some other stuff, but right now I'm having issues with the c.HP.

I've got the timing down no problem, but I notice my character "bouncing" back after landing c.MP which causes c.HP to miss. I've tried holding forward at various times and at best this accomplishes nothing, at worst I accidentally hit a Shoryuken instead.

Are there any tips to combat this "bounce"?
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - First Place   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I'm currently working through the trials and right now I'm on Ryu's Hard 5.

The combo starts with j.HP, c.MP, c.HP and then some other stuff, but right now I'm having issues with the c.HP.

I've got the timing down no problem, but I notice my character "bouncing" back after landing c.MP which causes c.HP to miss. I've tried holding forward at various times and at best this accomplishes nothing, at worst I accidentally hit a Shoryuken instead.

Are there any tips to combat this "bounce"?
I just did this trial today, it was pretty simple. I know this is late and maybe you've done it, but when you whiff it means you've done it too late. Just make sure you hit Dan deep with the J.hp. And the C.hp will hit.

EDIT: Lol, just looked at your tag, you've done it all good work.