PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V > GTA Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Valentine’s Day Massacre Special

Quote:
The Valentine’s Day Massacre Special, the latest free update to GTA Online that’s coming this Friday features a variety of fun Valentine's themed extras for Story Mode and GTA Online.

NEW WEAPON: GUSENBERG SWEEPER
Nothing says “I love you” quite like the warm wooden grip and cold steel barrel of a Gusenberg Sweeper machine gun. Get it from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online (in Story Mode, the Sweeper is automatically deposited into each character's weapon inventory with two full clips and additional ammo can be purchased at Ammu-Nation).

NEW VEHICLE: ALBANY ROOSEVELT
Paint the town red in the classically-inspired Albany Roosevelt. This armored 1920s limousine is perfect for gangsters and their molls. To properly run amok with the new Roosevelt, get in the driver’s seat and let your friends or Crewmates hang off the side, firing and taking out your rivals as you pass them by. The Roosevelt can be accessed from any garage property in Story Mode and is available in GTA Online from the legendarymotorsport.net in-game website.

NEW ATTIRE
Dress to the nines in a host of new double breasted suits and 1920s flapper dresses, or bare it all in sexy undergarments while going incognito with a selection of new masquerade masks. There are also new novelty t-shirts, hats and more available in stores throughout Los Santos, plus a new Flapper Bob hairstyle exclusively for the ladies.

10 NEW JOBS
The Valentine’s Day Massacre also includes 10 new Jobs scattered like the remnants of a broken heart throughout the world of GTA Online, including Deathmatches, a new Parachute Jump and new land, sea and cycling Races.

Everything in the Valentine’s Day Massacre Special will be available for a limited time starting this Friday, but once acquired you will be able to keep them in your inventory for good. We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...-s-Day-Massacr

It's not Heists, but it's something new. The best part is in bold, much better than the Christmas crap!

Update: It's now live!

Last edited by Fishman; 02-13-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
My favourite bit:

We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.

Dirty130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty130 View Post
My favourite bit:

We will also have more information soon for other forthcoming GTA Online content updates including the Dangerous Business Pack, Online Heists, an expansion to the Creator tool and lots more.
That would be my favorite bit if we didn't all hear it before . I only get excited for what is announced at this point. They've been talking about the Heists forever. Maybe soon though, just maybe....
Old 02-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
That would be my favorite bit if we didn't all hear it before . I only get excited for what is announced at this point. They've been talking about the Heists forever. Maybe soon though, just maybe....
There's too many rumors and false news flying around that it only makes them look worse from people with big mouths and inaccurate info. I only check the Newswire on Rockstar first and foremost.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
There's too many rumors and false news flying around that it only makes them look worse from people with big mouths and inaccurate info. I only check the Newswire on Rockstar first and foremost.
I don't even pay attention to "news" unless there is a creditable source to back it up. This goes for everything, not just GTA. However, Rockstar seems to have started the rumors in the first place, they are always bringing up Heists themselves.

And I'm not bitching, just saying I don't care about them at this point until there is an official announcement (more than just "stay tuned"). I will say; after this long of a wait, they better be worth it and free would be nice.

Last edited by Fishman; 02-12-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Quote:
I don't even pay attention to "news" unless there is a creditable source to back it up. This goes for everything, not just GTA. However, Rockstar seems to have started the rumors in the first place, they are always bringing up Heists themselves.

And I'm not bitching, just saying I don't care about them at this point until there is an official announcement (more than just "stay tuned"). I will say; after this long of a wait, they better be worth it and free would be nice.
Don't blame you. I dread clicking on any thread/forum that says LEAKED or RUMOR. How about Facts? They work much better lol. I actually got a few confirmed things about Dead Space 2/3 from Steve Papoutsis on Twitter. Dude is very cool.

The Heists being delayed is probably the biggest letdown but they also said it would launch with Online so I sincerely doubt they'll charge for it. The "in-between" stuff they're flinging out currently is acceptable bc at least they're not just sitting on their asses like "we'll get you SOMETHING soon ". I like they're TRYING to keep players involved until the big DLC launches.

Trust me, your feels are totally felt

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
PiixL

Send a message via Skype™ to PiixL

ImPiixL's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...-s-Day-Massacr

It's not Heists, but it's something new. The best part is in bold, much better than the Christmas crap!
Hope I could hop on while this is going on with a bunch of people on the site

Xbox One: FIFA 14 & Titanfall (For Fun)

Arcade/DLC: Left 4 Dead: Crash Course & The Sacrifice DLC's & The Walking Dead Season 2

Signature & Avatar Created By Mr Chaotix
PiixL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
They should've released the Heists itself on Valentines Day. OMG can you see it?

Currently Playing: Destiny!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
They should've released the Heists itself on Valentines Day. OMG can you see it?
Yeah, that would be some real love right there!

Old 02-13-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
True, they keep saying "they're coming", but when? This year?

Exactly! R*, the biggest rumour mill of all!

I think the new clothing items will be the high light for me.
Maybe the "Heists" are just a project name for GTA6?!

I wouldn't mind some new clothing either, hell I'll take it all. Speaking of clothing, it kind of surprises me they haven't added a little DLC for some new clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
Woot, more free stuff!
Can never complain about free stuff, I'm excited for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
Maybe next Valentines Day? If we're lucky.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 AM   #11

Link0913's Gamercard
On the bright side, it would sure be fun to have a John Dilinger and co. bust into a bank sporting double breasted coats, fadoras and Thompson machine guns when the heists are released.
0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #12
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

^ I like this!

Old 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #13
Puppys
Dawn of the Final Day

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Maybe next Valentines Day? If we're lucky.
Quoted for truth hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
SWAG!
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #14
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

V-Day Update and More!

It looks like it's live now, I just logged on and after downloading an update and compatibility pack have access to all the new goodies.

- The Albany Roosevelt seats 6, and costs $750,000
- The Gusenberg Sweeper costs $14,454
- There is a good amount of new clothing, the prices vary from a couple hundred to just shy of $10,000 it seems.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...-Now-Available

They also have an event weekend planned (Details Announced Here):
Quote:
VALENTINE'S MASSACRE SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKEND
To help celebrate, we'll be hosting a special Valentine's Massacre Social Club Event Weekend that will include special in-game RP bonuses, Crate Drops, a live stream broadcast on Friday afternoon and much more. Stay tuned for more details later today.
Also a pretty big update. Lots of fixes, additions, and changes. Way too many to list, so here are the top ones:

Quote:
Top Changes
  • The Rat Loader is now available again in GTA Online. Please see southernsanandreassuperautos.com for your vehicular needs. This vehicle and all of its mods are free until the following Title Update.
  • A player who kills a passive player must now pay their hospital bills
  • The Mechanic has now been removed when delivering a Personal Vehicle. The vehicle is now created nearby instead.
  • Added a new option to the Interaction Menu that lowers the attack priority against Friends.
  • Solo players in Races now earn GTA$.
  • Fix for incorrect time display on the Bad Sport pool timer
  • Fix for several exploits that allowed duplication of vehicles
  • Fix for several exploits that allowed too much RP during missions
  • Fix for issues with Cornrows haircut
  • Fix for issue causing characters to become bald after using a mask
  • Fix for Story Mode issue where all shops could remain closed with their blips missing
  • A new “Blow Kiss” Celebration has been added. Show some love.
  • Various bug fixes
Yay!
Quote:
Players can now replay Contact Missions via the Pause menu.
The full update can be viewed here: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...ate-1-10-Notes

It's not Heists, but I'm happy. I'm glad they are still taking care of the game and adding new things for us. Lots of new things to buy, which is nice because I was getting bored!

Last edited by Fishman; 02-13-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #15
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I hope the ALBANY ROOSEVELT has some speed under the hood otherwise I won't get rid of any of my ten sexy rides.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #16
Ensign Hugh Man

Dr Enword's Gamercard
The update has been pushed down already and you have to install it to be compatible, and you get notifications that there are new guns and cars, but you can't see any of it yet.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Hugh Man View Post
The update has been pushed down already and you have to install it to be compatible, and you get notifications that there are new guns and cars, but you can't see any of it yet.
Thanks for the heads up

Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #18
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I hope the ALBANY ROOSEVELT has some speed under the hood otherwise I won't get rid of any of my ten sexy rides.
Doesn't the top speed say, 75 mph? Yet, I'm quite sure it goes much faster than that, possibly a typo.

It's a great car, but finding the right shade of color for it is a bitch.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Doesn't the top speed say, 75 mph? Yet, I'm quite sure it goes much faster than that, possibly a typo.

When I saw the price on it compared to mission payouts, I decided to boycott it. Sure I've got the GTA$ for it, but no. Just no.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #20
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
When I saw the price on it compared to mission payouts, I decided to boycott it. Sure I've got the GTA$ for it, but no. Just no.
Yeah, it's a little expensive considering. I'm still going to buy it though just because it's only available for a limited time. And yes, I fell for the limited time marketing trick, not my proudest moment .
Old 02-17-2014, 01:57 AM   #21
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, it's a little expensive considering. I'm still going to buy it though just because it's only available for a limited time. And yes, I fell for the limited time marketing trick, not my proudest moment .

When I sold a Adder for 757k I knew there was no way in hell I was buying that junk
Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #22
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post

Well I got plenty of decent test-rides from friends this weekend and for me it's not fast enough, maybe comparable with a fully modded Ubermacht Sentinel. Same for handling and stuff.

I bought me sweet Grotti Carbonazzi instead and I did not regret it. That was an additional +$300.000 just to fully mod it, dear lord.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

With the latest title update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Mechanic
- The Mechanic has now been removed when delivering a Personal Vehicle. The vehicle is now created nearby instead.
OMG time to celebrate!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #24
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Well for the last 30 minutes it's showing SAVING FAILED - UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ROCKSTAR GAME SERVICES.

Not a cool start. Buying shit everywhere!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #25
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Well for the last 30 minutes it's showing SAVING FAILED - UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE ROCKSTAR GAME SERVICES.

Yeah, that was what some of my friends kept getting. They all got in eventually, much less than 30 minutes. Sorry to hear it's troubling you so much

Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #26
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, that was what some of my friends kept getting. They all got in eventually, much less than 30 minutes. Sorry to hear it's troubling you so much
Well that's good to hear, I'm just chilling at the strip club (5th lapdance) anyway.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #27
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Well that's good to hear, I'm just chilling at the strip club (5th lapdance) anyway.
FREE TITTIES!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #28
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Quote:
We were all able to eventually get in using the retry feature. Also, I remember it being a pain during the Beach Bum Weekend too

Keep trying and hopefully you'll get in. Once in, it doesn't seem to kick you, so that's a huge bonus!
Quote:

My friend and I just gave up finally. I was on all morning, and my friend started trying about 45 minutes ago. I was fine till the game froze, then I couldn't get back on . So after another 20 minutes of us both trying, we just called it. Man this sucks...
Old 02-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #29
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
My friend and I just gave up finally. I was on all morning, and my friend started trying about 45 minutes ago. I was fine till the game froze, then I couldn't get back on . So after another 20 minutes of us both trying, we just called it. Man this sucks...
Just your average R* Special Event Weekend

Maybe try again later or tomorrow?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #30
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Yo everyone stop hatin' right now, ya hear me: