PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Beat on Realistic? Did or Didn't Get the Achievement? Discuss Here.

Clearly something is going on, but we clearly don't need every person in the world to make a thread about this. If you got it, explain what you did. If you didn't, explain what you did. Maybe someone will figure out exactly what the deal is.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

If you played co-op and were host, but did not get the achievement... have a friend host a co-op game and you should get it after a few scenes, if not the first one.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 03-22-2008 at 01:05 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Darkjay7991

Darkjay7991's Gamercard
Yeah today I completed it with my friend. Now we beat every mission and there are checks on realistic for every scene and act. We redid the first level on realistic. Yet nothing. OH and we know we did it on realistic because of the xp we got for kills and the fact it we have the checks for it. What I am wondering is how some people have the achivement while us that have this glitch don't have it...
Darkjay7991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #3
ZZBroncos

ZZBroncos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
lol I did it with my buddy and got the achievement and he did not. We did from begining to end today so its very glitched. Coincidently, he beat canpaign 5 times on realistic on R6V and never got it... Connection? Maybe, but need more people to confirm
ZZBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
XFOX 1

XFOX 1's Gamercard
i posted in the thread on page 3 i went through the whole game me as host on realistic and got nothing i then joined a co op game at the start with some dude to get the second player achievements and after about 2 levels it just popped up hope this helps
XFOX 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
G3 Camo
Banned User

I HAVE KINDA FIXED THE GLITCH!!! it worked for me and my friend. We finished playing in Co-op niether get an achievement we start over i was host. we play the first mission and he gets the achievement. i beat the game again with someone new in Co-op still no achievement for either of us. my friend makes a lobby co-op and we beat first scene of first mission i get the achievement.

thats what happen idk know if thats how it works but that happend for me
G3 Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Crimsonthrone

FTWindsor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 Camo View Post
I HAVE KINDA FIXED THE GLITCH!!! it worked for me and my friend. We finished playing in Co-op niether get an achievement we start over i was host. we play the first mission and he gets the achievement. i beat the game again with someone new in Co-op still no achievement for either of us. my friend makes a lobby co-op and we beat first scene of first mission i get the achievement.

thats what happen idk know if thats how it works but that happend for me
I didnt get the achievement first of all so i tried getting my friend to host the coop game and did act 1 scene 1 and i got the achievement so i can confirm that this works

Crimsonthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
H20 chaotic xc

Send a message via AIM to H20 chaotic xc Send a message via MSN to H20 chaotic xc

Tr0y City xX's Gamercard
basically my freind hosted the game in cOOp we did it all on realsitic and got the achievement first try i feel bad for the people who are having a problem gettin the achievement
H20 chaotic xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
The Danielnator

The Danielnator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Beat it on realistic first play though, did act 1 alone, act 2 and some of 3 in split screen co op and the rest in online co op as knight, except the last act i did as bishop, got all the achievements.
The Danielnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #9
WntrWolf

WntrWolf's Gamercard
There are achievements for playing as Knight. Anyone think to factor in this when completing it all? I wonder how many people that have the achievement played as both chars and have the achievements for it

WntrWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
Flying Saffa

I think the first thing to do is to check whether every scene is ticked in Realistic. I have found one of mine that hasn't been completed, because the mate I was playing co-op with continued after I left. He was host. I was back a few hours later and completed it, but never received the achievement.
I'm definitely not as sharp as DarkJay....
Flying Saffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #11
stronglikepepsi

StrongLikePepsi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I played some levels completely solo, some levels people jumped in via live and then jumped out, I joined other people's games so I played pretty much every way you could think of and I got all of the achievements with no problem.

I also didn't even beat the levels in order. I beat levels 1&2 on realistic then level 4 on normal, then 3,4,5,6,7 on realistic and no problems getting the achievement.

Last edited by stronglikepepsi; 03-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.
stronglikepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
FredOnToast

FredOnToast's Gamercard
My friend and I played co-op story on Realistic through Live and at the end, we each got the achievement, for completing the level and the entire story-line. We stayed with each other throughout the entire story, so it was just us two, and no others jumping in and out.
FredOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #13
vI Starlight Iv

Send a message via MSN to vI Starlight Iv

CYD0N1A's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
worked through it chapter by chapter without ever changing difficulty and it popped for us both then did it with another freind popped for him to. i think u haver to do the levels 1 at a time and not play at any other difficulties between levels etc
vI Starlight Iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
willy134uk

willy134uk's Gamercard
same here made a thread the other day,on vegas 1 the only way to get round it was to do realistic without turning your 360 off,i did it 3 times be4 realising this then ubi released a update that fixed it!

im guessing the same has happened with this
willy134uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #15
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have been between host and Knight (for the achievement for the 10 chapters). I am about 3/4 the way through the campaign. hopefully I get it. I will update later today when I beat it.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #16
I Lynch012 I

I Lynch012 I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Guys this is a thread for if you didn't get it, we don't need people saying that they did, it doesn't help at all.

Anywho I beat all T-Hunts on Realistic and didn't get it.
I Lynch012 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
HeroFromHyrule

HeroFr0mHyrule's Gamercard
While I haven't beaten it on realistic, I did complete it on Normal via online co-op. I had to replay the last scene by myself because the game did not give me credit for completing it. The only thing I can think of that may have caused it was that I shot Gabe at the end of the game (I was Knight) instead of the host (who was obviously Bishop). Everything else was just as it should have been, except that in the co-op game I killed Gabe and I was not given credit for completing the game, even though the credits rolled and everything.
HeroFromHyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
HighlanderII

HighlanderII's Gamercard
Just finished on realistic playing coop as knight and no achievement but my friend that was hosting did get it
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Raptor xTMx

Raptor xTMx's Gamercard
I beat it and got the achievement and my friend hosted the first half and I hosted the other half so that we could also get the achievements for playing as Knight!
Raptor xTMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #20
Phil uk26

Phil Ka Pwn's Gamercard
I have completed the story mode on realistic three times now, once on coop and twice on singleplayer but i still haven't got the achievement. My last run threw on singleplayer was constant play from start to end, no loading saves. All my checkboxes on scene selection are ticked, this is very poor programming to be blunt...

Hopefully they will release a patch 'soon' that checks peoples checkboxes and unlocks it that way. I was not happy not being able to get the full 1000 points to start with because the game gave me a higher rank from the start (it should of just unlocked PFC in my opinion when it gave me the bonus EXP), now that appears to be just the icing on the cake as more bugs slowly but surely roll out.

UBISOFT, stop selling fautly software just because you can patch VIA a internet connection, your beginning to look like EA with your shoddy programming..

EDIT:

I have just found a new problem.. The achievement called 'THAT WASN'T SO HARD' is unlocked when viewing achievements from the xbox dashboard but when i view achievements using the rewards option ingame it is not unlocked and does not show the ribbon.

I'm beginning to regret wasting my money on this game, it is clearly still in the BETA stage when you take into account all the different problems people are experiencing.

Last edited by Phil uk26; 03-23-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Phil uk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #21
Tyrannical Duck

Send a message via AIM to Tyrannical Duck Send a message via MSN to Tyrannical Duck Send a message via Yahoo to Tyrannical Duck

Tyrannical Duck's Gamercard
I got the achievement, right on time. Here's what I did. I don't know if it differs from what most people did.

I hosted a Co-Op Private game, and played with a friend. We beat a couple acts, then played some T-hunts. I hosted another Co-op Private game, and did "continue" or whatever the choice was. Every time I made a new coop game, it was private and I continued from last scene. It was also with the same person the entire time. Me and him beat the entire game together, and we both got the achievement. He also got the "high five" achievements.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #22
BlueWolf

xixBlueWolfxix's Gamercard
I just got it

I completed it on coop with a friend and he got it (even tho he did fuck all lol), I hosted

We played The first mission again with him hosting and nothing, so then replayed the very last part(showdown) again and I made sure I was the one to shoot Gabe, and i got it, maybe shooting gabe is what triggers it as it came up straight away

i had also done over half the campaign on realistic with others as well as the coop play through with my mate
BlueWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #23
Matt Jo
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
so maybe u gotta be the one who shoots Gabe and you can't be the host when you do it??
Matt Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:09 AM   #24
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
No, I didn't shoot Gabe and Krueger and I got the achievement. We also switched host in them middle.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #25
BlueWolf

xixBlueWolfxix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jo View Post
so maybe u gotta be the one who shoots Gabe and you can't be the host when you do it??

I dunno but switching it round host wise and me shooting Gabe did it, it came up as soon he hit the floor
BlueWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #26
aomeba1

so a friend and i completed story on realistic yesterday and no achievment for either of us, he was host. I then hosted as suggested and it popped up for him during second act, great, however nothing for me. We then started a new story on realistic, he hosted for half and then I hosted and was bishop for final scene, beat on realistic again from start to finish same day but nothing. Any thoughts?
aomeba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #27
WntrWolf

WntrWolf's Gamercard
I just got the achievment. My friend and I did the co-op story line. He played as bishop the whole way and I played as Knight the whole way through. We didnt even have to start another new round at the begining like some were saying. We did anyway so that he could get the Knight achievements.

Anyone else that got the achievment, did you get all of the knight achievements? 1 5 and 10 rounds as knight? My ribbon didnt show up until after I recieved the realistic achiement.

Last edited by WntrWolf; 03-23-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: second thought.
WntrWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #28
cSELECT

cSELECT1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Sup, Well i was one of the people who didn't get the achievement for passing the story on realistic. I just unlocked it after trying for over 4 times. I'm thinking my mistake was playing the story,stopped mid way then joined some1 else's room coop a few stages ahead. (specuation only) There is no EXACT method on unlocking it/preventing it from getting "glitched" as i have talked to a few people who it has happened to and they all have different stories on what happened supposedly.

All you can wish for playing coop or not is that you don't end up with the short end of the stick. Cant believe how glitchy these achievements have been. They sometimes don't unlock when supposed to. (It took me an extra 20 or so kills to get the 150 shotty kills achiev).

This is really retarded how UBICRAP didn't do much Beta R&D on this game, they slapped a RSV name on it and just shoved it out to the masses knowing we'll buy anyways.

Knight is the NON HOST player. He's the guy who cant give orders to the "Worthless AI". (is it only me or does any1 else think they AI partners are IDIOTS who get u killed more than they help)

Last edited by cSELECT; 03-23-2008 at 04:13 PM.
cSELECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
Mr Hey

FatChicksSlayer's Gamercard
I am going to eventually try playing through a few scenes non-host and host and just messing around. Lots of weird things in this game, like at the end of the first level, if you throw grenade at this one pillar, it counts as a kill and then an infinite amount of bad guys come running out and never stop, thats how I got my shotgun achievement. Sucks you had to play it through so many times, hopefully Ubisoft says/does something about this and good luck to all the pimps out there.

Mr Hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #30
Darkjay7991

Darkjay7991's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSELECT View Post
Sup, Well i was one of the people who didn't get the achievement for passing the story on realistic. I just unlocked it after trying for over 4 times. I'm thinking my mistake was playing the story,stopped mid way then joined some1 else's room coop a few stages ahead. (specuation only) There is no EXACT method on unlocking it/preventing it from getting "glitched" as i have talked to a few people who it has happened to and they all have different stories on what happened supposedly.

All you can wish for playing coop or not is that you don't end up with the short end of the stick. Cant believe how glitchy these achievements have been. They sometimes don't unlock when supposed to. (It took me an extra 20 or so kills to get the 150 shotty kills achiev).

This is really retarded how UBICRAP didn't do much Beta R&D on this game, they slapped a RSV name on it and just shoved it out to the masses knowing we'll buy anyways.

Knight is the NON HOST player. He's the guy who cant give orders to the "Worthless AI". (is it only me or does any1 else think they AI partners are IDIOTS who get u killed more than they help)
I guess thats how you feel, but when me and my friend did realitic the first time the AI came in handy at certain times. (Like when we tagged enimies or told them to clear a room because we didn't feel like doing it) Plus if one is down the other can just be commanded to heal the other. They didn't bother me unless I needed them to do something but they would take forever to get to that task or to move to cover.
Darkjay7991 is offline   Reply With Quote