Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-21-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
DeZmonD88

DeZmonD88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
DLC - Quick Guide to Defeating Professor K (3 Turns)

This is a video of my level 8x party taking on Professor K in the 400ms Point DLC, Seeker of the Deep. At 108800 HP, this guy may seem like a pushover, but one bad choice, coupled with Professor K's resistance, defence and reflect will have your party sprawled on the floor in no time.
This punishing dungeon has no save points and you'll spend at least 30 minutes turn tailing your way back to get another shot at the little fella.

He may be harder than The Immortal One if you do not know what you're doing and get your party wiped out by Annihilation. Most people that beat him used the new DLC items like Accelerator (Reduce casting time 3) or Rose Quartz (Turn Cast).

These items are obtained from mini bosses you encounter in Random fights along the last 9 levels (16B to 24B). However, some people claim to never get these items (rare drop) even after 5 hours.

In this video, I will provide rough details on how to defeat Professor K in 3 Turns.

Minimum Requirements:
Level 80+ Immortals (At least 8000 HP)
The following skills:
Persistence
HP Boosting skills
Crisis Defence
Complete Defence
Level 8 White Magic
Level 8 Spirit Magic
Lucky 0 Magic Damage
Nullify all elements
Double Cast
Reduce Casting time 2
Mental Stability 2
Weapon Guard 2
Slot +5/Slot +10
Turn-tail

Before the fight, get your Immortals' HP down to 1 to 1000. You can do this by fighting Hellish Kelolons (Black Kelolons in 24B). Note that this must be done by 24B as there are no more random encounters after 24B. Attack these Kelolons normally and they will perform counters, usually taking your characters to near death. Use Complete Defence to keep low health characters alive and Turn Tail when all Immortals have yellow Hp.
Health Sed to full health and put him in the front row (so he will tank the few Forceus that Professor K casts) and the Immortals in the back row.

Equip Sed with the Curse Crest, Holy Guard and Quad-Element Seal.
Once the battle starts, just keep casting Reversa and hope for the best. If you're unlucky, Professor K will cast Reflect on his 2nd turn, meaning that your party will suffer 4 reflected Reversas hitting for about 40000 each. This is where Persistence pays off, if you have 2 HP or 860 HP, a 40000 reflected Reversa will only whack your HP down to 1. I took a big risk by taking 3 of my Immortals with 1 HP into the battle.

In total, I have faced Professor K 6 times. In the 4 times I failed against him it was always because my party or the majority of the party got wiped out. Sure you can use divide and complete defense but that means that your party can last only so many turns. Because Professor K always has Regenerus and Annihilation at his disposal, you will never be able to cover the 20400 HP he heals while ressurecting your party members who fall to Annihilation. This is definitely not a fight you can win if you play defensively and stretch it out.

My 50 SVR 2011 Caws:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8z8...x=0&playnext=1

My 50 SVR 2010 Caws Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiVy_Jhg4dU

My 50 SVR 2010 Caws Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAs6cz0GCiM

Games Completed:
71/103

Last edited by DeZmonD88; 05-21-2008 at 01:01 AM.
DeZmonD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Nicely done. All I've heard is how much of a pain in the a$$ this guy can be.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 AM   #3
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
Is there any way to get the 2 accessories and save once you have them without beating Professor K? I'd like to learn them on all the immortals and then save prior to an attempt.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
thanks for this guide..i will use this info when got my DLC updated..
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
MyAbsolution

MyAbsolution's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
interesting strategy!

Great video, thanks for taking the time to do all this. I am really pumped for the DLC hitting the West this Friday. My Immortals are all 90+ so I should be good I reckon.

Hope they make more DLC packages. Perhaps even a few more expert level boss encounters as well

*First NTSC Console to Reach 1100G in North America*
*First Worldwide to 1250G in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West*
& 2nd Worldwide to complete 200/200 Vigilante 8: Arcade
MyAbsolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
DeZmonD88

DeZmonD88's Gamercard

There are lifts at 5 level intervals, they will take you back to the top level where you can exit the dungeon and save. You cannot get back to the bottom using the lift though, you're gonna have to go through all 25 levels again.

My 50 SVR 2011 Caws:

Games Completed:
71/103
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZmonD88 View Post
There are lifts at 5 level intervals, they will take you back to the top level where you can exit the dungeon and save. You cannot get back to the bottom using the lift though, you're gonna have to go through all 25 levels again.
great..bc i don't want to go through the entire dungeon every time i die in the boss battle..
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
DeZmonD88

DeZmonD88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever TM View Post
great..bc i don't want to go through the entire dungeon every time i die in the boss battle..

Erm you're going to have to go through 25 levels to get to him if you choose to exit the DLC dungeon to save. Personally, I explored and opened all chests, exit and saved so that I could run through the entire dungeon on my 2nd way through.

My 50 SVR 2011 Caws:

Games Completed:
71/103
Old 05-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #9
Steve007101

Send a message via AIM to Steve007101 Send a message via MSN to Steve007101 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve007101 Send a message via Skype™ to Steve007101

DF Legend's Gamercard
Where's Spell Counter 2?

Ok, I figure this would be the most appropriate topic that's already open to ask this question. Where's Spell Counter 2? I've found all of the new accessories (as reported by the Prima Guide and skill guides online) that have the new skills that are suppose to be in all the DLC with one exception, the accessory that has Spell Counter 2 (Illusionist Gauntlet), where is it?

Steve007101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 AM   #10
vhayste

Send a message via MSN to vhayste

paul vhayste's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide. I just finished my PDF walkthrough for the game and I haven't downloaded the DLC yet. Good job!

http://vhayste.blogspot.com
Ah... Firefox and Adblock. Great combination.
vhayste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
Ledain

Ledain T's Gamercard
This guide is made of win. Totally saves me 10+ hours of grinding for those items to try and take on this monstrosity.
Ledain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #12
MadaRenrut

Send a message via AIM to MadaRenrut

MadaRenrut's Gamercard
it worked perfectly....i love you
Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #13
Galedrid

Send a message via AIM to Galedrid Send a message via MSN to Galedrid Send a message via Yahoo to Galedrid

Galedrid's Gamercard
So I'm curious; why all the hp dropping and reversa?

Does casting Divide not work, or make him do something goofy? It seems like it would make more sense to start the fight full and, assuming you have cast time 3 you can do 2 divides in a turn, starting off the fight doing the same amount of damage as double reversa without the threat of being so low on hp.
Galedrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
Getderty

Dominus2U's Gamercard
Talking

This guide was awesome! I fought Prof K five times before looking up strategies for him with no luck. I just assumed that if I was powerful enough to take down the backyard champ, that I could handle this guy easily. I was wrong.
Using this guide definitly got him down in a few turns. Thanks!

Getderty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
YanksForTheWin

Peter908's Gamercard
Finally after 7 tries I have beaten him. I had lots and lots of badluck but this strategy works, thanks for the guide.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
michelcain

Thank you Dez. Even a year later this thread has helped me on the first try after reading your plan. I had 8 prior attempts. Most of which ended with Anni or Reflect thrown right before I could get started, in which case, I killed myself.

Aside from overclock.net, this is my only forum registration. But I wanted to thank you for this informative, well-written strat-faq of what, I feel, is the hardest battle in the game.

My battle (1st attempt after your setup) played exactly as your video. I had lv78/immortals & lv73/Sed. Although you mentioned Complete Defense as a precaution for life-insurance I chose to grit my teeth and try.. .

I had beat The Immortal prior to this but had no 'optional' pick-ups aside from chests and the DLC ring. I wish I could find the ReduceCast3 and so on. . .

Again, thank you for the great job and I will be watching for more from your hangouts.

M
michelcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
sup all

great guide

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great.

The following skills:
--------------------
Persistence
HP Boosting skills
Crisis Defence
Complete Defence
Level 8 White Magic
Level 8 Spirit Magic
Lucky 0 Magic Damage
Nullify all elements
Double Cast
Reduce Casting time 2
Mental Stability 2
Weapon Guard 2
Slot +5/Slot +10
Turn-tail
deathmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
SetoChaos

Send a message via AIM to SetoChaos Send a message via MSN to SetoChaos

Kaibachaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmule View Post
sup all

great guide

i was wondering can u get all these skills on disc 4?

im missing:

mimint ear (Lucky 0 Magic Damage)

masters secret script (Weapon Guard 2)

any help would be great.

The following skills:
--------------------
Persistence
HP Boosting skills
Crisis Defence
Complete Defence
Level 8 White Magic
Level 8 Spirit Magic
Lucky 0 Magic Damage
Nullify all elements
Double Cast
Reduce Casting time 2
Mental Stability 2
Weapon Guard 2
Slot +5/Slot +10
Turn-tail
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/928334/51872

That guide should help you find what you need. Weapon Guard 2 was a preorder bonus though so I'm not sure if you can get it. I think it might be available from the Japanese marketplace but whether it's compatible or not is another matter.
SetoChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
This has got to be the worst boss fight I have ever played. I'm struggling to see the point of a boss that you can only defeat through a huge amount of luck, whether it be the slim chance he foolishly fails to cast reflect his second turn or the even slimmer chance you obtain rose quartz. After 7 or 8 tries with this strategy and 8 hours of farming for rose quartz to no avail, I am getting pretty frustrated. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow. No more farming though, that's for sure.
pinksheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #20
Starlight126

Starlight126's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Bah, I did it my own way and I had no troubles as mine is not luck-based at all, it just considers the right timing. And above all I didn't use Reversa, as IMHO it's just dangerous. But anyway, if anyone cares:

Preparation

Kaim, Seth, Ming, Sarah: upgrade their HPs as much as you can; even PMs shouldn't miss, so try to get about 500 PMs. Other skills: Reduce cast timing 1, 2, 3; *don't equip the skill of the Rose Quartz*. Then: White/Black magic 8, Persistence, Absorb elemental damage, Double cast, Auto PM recovery, Double item. Then if you want you can give them other skills, but they won't need.
Sed: equip the Accelerator (Reduce cast time 3), the accessory that provides HP max up 3 (Gigantes Brooch) and the one that provides White/Black magic 8 as well (Master Earrings).

First row: Only Sed.
Second row: the 4 immortals, of course.

Divide is a white magic level 8 skill; the accelerator is the item that sometimes a monster on level 19 drops. 100 PAs needed to be learnt - even better than the 999 required from the rose quartz that, I repeat, mustn't be given on anyone.

Battle

First turn:
Killalon will cast Regenerate ++, that will give him back about 20k HPs each end-turn.
Kaim, Seth, Sarah and Ming: double cast - divide.
Sed: divide.
So you will hit about (9999*2 + 9999*2 + 6000*2 + 6000*2 + 9999) 74000 HPs (Killalon has 100k+).
He might counterattack either with [I don't know how it's called in En-version, but it's a spell that recovers him about 1500 HPs - not too many] or Force ++ (the third level of "Force" magic). If he does, he'll hit just the first-row-character, that is to say Sed; but since he'll cast first, you'll hit the most you can in the first turn.

Second turn - 50k+ HP left: he'll cast Reflects on himself (he does most of times) or some spells that don't annoy. If the latter case happens, much better; you can't know what's gonna happen, though, that's why you have to act as he would use Reflect.
You have to hit him thrice with a magic spell to vanish its effect. So, take note of what I advise you to cast:
Sed: Fire ++ (as before, it's the third level of Fire magic)
Sarah and Ming: Fire ++ / Divide (I mean this: you cast Double spell and you choose Fire ++ as first spell, and Divide as second)
Kaim and Seth: Double cast - Divide
Owing to this commands, Killalon will cast Reflect first; then Sed, Sarah and Ming will cast Fire ++, and the reflect effect will be vanished. Then Kaim and Seth will hit again.
It's important to underline this: if you double cast while he is under reflect effect, just the first spell will hit. That's why Fire ++ and Divide will mean only Fire ++. Although it's very important that you choose Divide as second spell, in order to cast it AFTER he casts Reflect. I hope this step is clear, because it is the most important of the whole fight.
If he uses Reflect, he'll have about 30k+ HPs; if he doesn't, much bad for him, 'cause also Ming and Sarah will have hit, thus lowing his HPs even more (he will survive with around 20K HPs).

Third turn: if he casted Reflects, now you won't have to worry about that. Probably he's going to use Annihilation, but he might also use something else.
Sed: Divide
4 Immortals: Double cast - Divide&Reversa; if you do that, things might develop in two different ways according to what Killalon does. If he's charging Annihilation he will hit last, therefore characters will for sure be able to hit: everyone, none excluded. It means more 9999+9999+6000+6000+[Sed's lasting HPs] = 32+ for sure, that means Killalon's defeat. If he's not charging Annihilation, still you will deal that quantity of damages again; none can die because of his attack thanks to Peristence, and therefore everyone will help in beating him anyways.
If he didn't use Reflect on his second turn, just play the third one as the second one and he'll die all the same.

Well, just try that, you can't miss beating him.

Last edited by Starlight126; 04-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Starlight126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #21
pinksheets

pinksheets's Gamercard
Finally sank Professor K after 10 tries or so. I highly recommend that people do not waste their time farming for the rare items, as I spent upwards of 10 hours with no success during that time. I'd say the best bet is to keep attempting the reversa strategy(definitely make sure to use flare or poison to nix his reflect though) and hope for lucky magic defense to save you, but as you work your way down the dungeon each time, make sure to actually fight any of the steam ks or supreme ks you come across. Doing this ended up yielding the accelerator accessory, which led to me bailing on the dungeon, learning the skill, and smashing the professor with Starlight's strategy. Finally got my 1100, and it's time for me to say farewell to Lost Odyssey.
pinksheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #22
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hmm i got the 1000 few months back and sort of miss playing this game. I'm going to get the DLC when my bro passes my game back.

1 of my favourite games on 360. <33
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #23
cassetto

Send a message via MSN to cassetto

cassetto's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
1100. thanks a lot. 1st try. level 82 party.

that bastard casted reflect on second turn but on third i reflected my party too.

5 turns later he was gone.

bye bye
Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #24
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Failed. Thanks to a glitch. I would've beaten him. Thanks, Mistwalker. : (

Edit: I've beaten him on my second try. Would've been the first if there wasn't that dumb glitch. : /

1100/1100 after 87 hours and 40 minutes of playtime!

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011

Last edited by T0b3; 04-26-2009 at 03:31 PM.
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
CIKShock

CIKShock's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Failed. Thanks to a glitch. I would've beaten him. Thanks, Mistwalker. : (

Edit: I've beaten him on my second try. Would've been the first if there wasn't that dumb glitch. : /

1100/1100 after 87 hours and 40 minutes of playtime!
What glitch are you referring to? (I did it with level 83s using authors strat a while ago. Thinking of doing it again on a NG+ and recording). I don't want to get hit by a glitch I hadn't heard of
Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #26
blu42

blufortytwo's Gamercard
Finished of prof. K on the first attempt thanks to this post.
He cast reflect on his second turn but only managed to kill Sed, apart from that he did nothing but cast weak healing spells on himself, so I reckon I got very lucky.
blu42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #27
GamePaladin1

GamePaladin1's Gamercard
U R A GENIUS!!! I Beat him the first time I tried this strategy. With 25 floors and no save point the trial and error method was making me very sad.

Last edited by GamePaladin1; 06-12-2009 at 10:53 PM.
GamePaladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #28
Joselito

Joselito87's Gamercard
Thank you Dezmon

I defeat him in my 3 try
In the second try i forgot to give Seth and Kaim the 2-magic cast ability

But I'm lucky because He use Reflex in his first turn (so 0 damge to me XD)
Joselito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #29
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Thanks for the good advice, managed to kill him in my first run.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:48 AM   #30
Thermopylae117

Thermopylae117's Gamercard
I figured I'd post my story just to help those that might still need more clarification. Killed him with everyone alive and all at 101 HP (Sed at full) in 3 turns.

Specs:
Level 91 Ming, Sarah, Seth, Kaim, Level 76 Sed
Ming/Sarah 8400 HP, Seth/Kaim 9999 HP, Sed 5140 HP
Sed Equipped with recommended accessories
Immortals with no accessories.
Skills were same as recommended plus other (trivial) survival skills.

Set-up:
All Immortals with 101 HP from getting countered to 1 HP (Persistence) by Dark Kelolons on Floor 24 + Healing Medicine.
Seth with full HP in front row and all Immortals in back.

How it played out:
*My Turn 1 - 8x Reversa with Immortals, Defend with Sed.
***Boss Turn 1 - Generatus before my attacks and 2x Forceus during my attacks hitting Sed for 2.4k ish each allowing him to tank both hits just barely.

*My Turn 2 - I figured he would use Reflect so I used Flarus/Reversa combo with all Immortals and a Heal Full potion with Sed on Sed to get him to full HP.
***Boss Turn 2 - He did use Reflect (guessed right!) and I all my Flarus spells were reflected back doing 0 damage because of Nullify All Elements skill. I believe only 1 Reversa got through that turn. During my attacks he used 1 Generatus (lucky me I guess).

*My Turn 3 - I used Reversa x8 with Immortals and just defended with Sed.
***Boss Turn 3 - He used Generatus (lucky me again I guess!) at the start and didnt get to use another attack.

I guess I got the luckiest first attempt ever with him only ever doing damage to me through the first 2 Forceus attacks in Turn 1. But nevertheless I prepared thoroughly by reading this entire thread twice and was prepared to handle anything he could throw at me. Good luck to those that skill need this achievement.
Arcade 200: 1
Working On: GH:SH, GH:M, GoW 2, Arcade Discs
Thermopylae117 is offline   Reply With Quote